UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Is Cain Velasquez's Spanish really that bad?

10/22/13 12:38 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
huggy bear
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hear this all the time and I'm curious to why people say its so bad and I've even heard people say that JDS speaks better Spanish then Cain. Phone Post 3.0
10/22/13 12:45 AM
J2C1
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Junior's Spanish is indeed better but I wouldn't want to hear either recite passages from Don Quixote anytime soon. Phone Post
10/22/13 12:46 AM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
837 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Werdum speaks better Spanish than Cain Phone Post 3.0
10/22/13 12:56 AM
Lex_o

Like most us Mexican Americans the language we speak with our parents is its own language. It might sound like great Spanish to those who don't speak it but its crap in the real world. Phone Post 3.0
10/22/13 12:57 AM
Wasa-B
313 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I doubt our beloved Bobby Loops's Italiano is any better but no one would question him rocking his red/white/green pride.
10/22/13 12:59 AM
Wasa-B
313 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also, not speaking perfect Spanish does not mean white America looked at Cain and his family and his kind as equals growing up. You think he wasnt called Beaner because of his shitty spanish?
10/22/13 1:23 AM
Thuglife13
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_FryedTakayama - Werdum speaks better Spanish than Cain Phone Post 3.0

This^

Werdum Spanish > Cain Spanish

I think Werdum does some of the Spanish commentary, that's how good his Spanish is brah...
10/22/13 3:44 AM
NicolasExitBJJ
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cain sounds like a gringo tourist when he speaks spanish. nothing wrong with that as he was born and raised in murica but pretty funny as they're trying to use him to connect to the mexican audience...
10/22/13 3:49 AM
MahatmaPetey
362 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Better Spanish: Cain or Peggy Hill? Phone Post
10/22/13 3:57 AM
Augustus Caesar_Stun Gun'd_My_Dong

Junior Dos Santos and Fabricio Werdum speak better Spanish than Cain.

10/22/13 4:02 AM
Bucephalus

The spanish that Werdum uttereth is superior than the spanish of which Cain gives expression.
10/22/13 4:07 AM
XIITT_JBASS
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lex_o - Like most us Mexican Americans the language we speak with our parents is its own language. It might sound like great Spanish to those who don't speak it but its crap in the real world. Phone Post 3.0
I'm half greek and live in Australia, my family speaks a funny mix of greek and English, although I don't speak greek and only hear the English. I still remember the first time telling my grandmother i had started BJJ, I had to get my mother to explain it to her as grandma's English is poor. She said something in greek, then said 'like karate'. I still don't think they have any idea what BJJ is lol Phone Post
10/22/13 4:17 AM
malryan

XIITT_JBASS -
Lex_o - Like most us Mexican Americans the language we speak with our parents is its own language. It might sound like great Spanish to those who don't speak it but its crap in the real world. Phone Post 3.0
I'm half greek and live in Australia, my family speaks a funny mix of greek and English, although I don't speak greek and only hear the English. I still remember the first time telling my grandmother i had started BJJ, I had to get my mother to explain it to her as grandma's English is poor. She said something in greek, then said 'like karate'. I still don't think they have any idea what BJJ is lol Phone Post
Is it true that greeks like it in the ass? Phone Post
10/22/13 4:18 AM
Galanis
905 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

malryan - 
XIITT_JBASS -

Great post, you are a true asset to this forum. What a worthless cunt
10/22/13 4:29 AM
madmav
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Augustus Caesar_Stun Gun'd_My_Dong - 

Junior Dos Santos and Fabricio Werdum speak better Spanish than Cain.

and cain speaks better english than both of them could ever hope to speak.. imagine that.
10/22/13 5:06 AM
ShaqNoob
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_FryedTakayama - Werdum speaks better Spanish than Cain Phone Post 3.0
Werdum speaks better Spanish than some Mexicans, yes I mean people born in Mexico and raised in 'Murica. Phone Post 3.0
10/22/13 5:18 AM
XIITT_JBASS
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

malryan -
XIITT_JBASS -
Why do you ask? Are most of the men that fuck you in the ass greek or something?? Phone Post
10/22/13 5:25 AM
Pandanus

Why do people give a shit.

Whats next, giving fighters shit who can't speak english properly?
10/22/13 5:25 AM
ausgepicht

Lex_o - Like most us Mexican Americans the language we speak with our parents is its own language. It might sound like great Spanish to those who don't speak it but its crap in the real world. Phone Post 3.0

No.

Cain just recently started to learn Spanish. 

10/22/13 5:36 AM
Strykr619

Lex_o - Like most us Mexican Americans the language we speak with our parents is its own language. It might sound like great Spanish to those who don't speak it but its crap in the real world. Phone Post 3.0

Uh Cain doesn't actually speak Mexican Spanish fluently. Its broken (mix spanglish), he grew up listening to his parent speak it but he spoken english...

Its typical of most 2nd generation, hell I didn't learn spanish, tagalog and 2 other filipino dialects till i was 18, then i learned arabic and mandarin in the Navy.
10/22/13 5:43 AM
The Lysine Contingency

MahatmaPetey - Better Spanish: Cain or Peggy Hill? Phone Post
PEGGY Hill! Substitute teacher of the year. Phone Post
10/22/13 5:45 AM
Wicked smahtMF

i dont even speak spanish and ive always thought his sounded sort of Americanized/ second language/ broken. i never had a beef with the brown pride tatt. not bad imo. but he is about as American as it gets. his parents were the immigrants, no. i get keeping the old world torch/ nationalism burning though.
10/22/13 7:30 AM
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much

At what age did he learn Spanish?

I believe I read he didn't learn it till later on in life, maybe I am wrong though...
10/22/13 7:36 AM
Sprawl 68

Who cares how good he speaks Spanish? How good is GSPs English? What about the rest of the Americans of Hispanic descent, do they speak perfect Spanish? Phone Post 3.0
10/22/13 7:45 AM
Sinful1

Thuglife13 - 
UGCTT_FryedTakayama - Werdum speaks better Spanish than Cain Phone Post 3.0

This^

Werdum Spanish > Cain Spanish

I think Werdum does some of the Spanish commentary, that's how good his Spanish is brah...

This, He does commentary for TDN the network that Shows UFC in Mexico,it's really fucking good

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.