UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> List some sharp looking gi's

10/26/13 12:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chris Leben is a Zombie
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I cant find CTRL gi's for sale anywhere!

Has anyone tried Origin? Phone Post 3.0
10/26/13 12:57 PM
PressureGame
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris Leben is a Zombie - I cant find CTRL gi's for sale anywhere!

http://ctrlindustries.bigcartel.com/

10/26/13 2:24 PM
MattyJ
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've got 3 gis all from tatami and been really pleased with all of them, moderately priced and have had good customer service from them. Phone Post 3.0
10/26/13 2:25 PM
MattyJ
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also meerkatsu does good reviews if check his site out if your looking to buy a brand you've never tried before Phone Post 3.0
10/26/13 4:00 PM
Aaronrodgers=GOAT
636 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for pics Phone Post
10/27/13 5:17 AM
ozjiujitsu
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never thought I'd be a gi whore. But I bought a shoyoroll cheap off eBay

Now I have 3

Awesome fit and awesome gi Phone Post 3.0
10/27/13 11:25 AM
derelict
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What would you guys recommend for a 5 year old? I don't want to spend a ton just in case she doesn't stick with it. She's been training for about 2 months and loves it so far. Phone Post 3.0
10/27/13 11:39 AM
krept
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/27/13 11:39 AM
For a 5 year old, I'd go with an inexpensive Judo gi. I got one for my son for $40. Even if young kids stick with it, they will inevitably grow out of it.
10/27/13 11:48 AM
CoreNobody
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris Leben is a Zombie - I cant find CTRL gi's for sale anywhere!

One of my training partners has a few ,and they look great,and are his favorite .

I like the Luckys Phone Post 3.0
10/27/13 11:52 AM
derelict
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

krept - For a 5 year old, I'd go with an inexpensive Judo gi. I got one for my son for $40. Even if young kids stick with it, they will inevitably grow out of it.
Thanks! Outgrowing them quickly was another concern. Phone Post 3.0
10/29/13 11:21 AM
Shotta
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Poet of Gore, PM me when you get a second. Phone Post 3.0
10/29/13 11:28 AM
Berserker
299 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zombie

www.zombiekimonos.com

10/29/13 4:39 PM
Wutang
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Many great gi's listed, it's definitely a buyers market. Here's a few other gi companys that I like:

A few others I can think of:
OSS gi's are nice. I like the minimal design on it.
http://www.ossclothing.com/

Roll Dawgs has nice light feel to their gis. I like the thickness of their ripstop pants. The Foo dog, for me, is cool.
http://www.rolldawgzkimonos.com/
10/29/13 7:45 PM
thesalfordmongoose
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://progressjj.co.uk Phone Post 3.0
10/29/13 8:22 PM
FreestyleJJ
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Muaewear is my new favorite brand. Clean cut on outside with giant mural on the inside. Very nice quality. Phone Post
10/30/13 7:59 AM
killthetraitor
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuji blows away any expensive gi I have ever bought. The quality is unsurpassed not to mention comfort. Cant go wrong with atama either Phone Post
10/30/13 9:05 AM
BigEyedFish
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really like Do or Die.
10/30/13 12:41 PM
soshje
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nobody mentioned yet but fushida comp rs. It's just awesome.

Good quality and excellent fit for me. (a2) Phone Post
10/30/13 10:53 PM
ryanjudoka
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OSS Kimonos are super solid and clean. Small kanji on the shoulder and the back of the calf. I have a couple of them and wear them everyday to train in. No issues at all.
I also like OTM 550ssc but the pantaloons ripped out on me a few months in, the jacket is great.
I also have a Mizuno Shiai Judogi most comfortable gi i have, I've contemplated sleeping in it. Phone Post 3.0
11/1/13 1:44 PM
krept
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/01/13 1:45 PM
I'm going to post photos of the more higher end white versions of the gis in the order they were mentioned. Apologies if these weren't the ones each respective poster was referencing. The intent is more to give an idea on which brand to do a google search for.

Kingz 450 Comp V2

-----

Bull Terrier New Star (cool red version worth mentioning for those wanting something different)

------

Origin

---

Break Point Flash (limited edition here, a little more fancy)

---

Koral MKM Comp

------

Lucky GI Fleur-De-Lis Bamboo
Lucky has some very sharp looking gis!

---

CTRL Desert Sun (good looking trim IMO), Carioca is another white gi they make that is more in line with common themes.

---

Competidor Supreme Comp

----

Killer Bee Scutellata, worth mentioning custom options.

----

Padilla Mako

------

Vandal Kimonos

----

93 Grey Goose

----

Progress M6

----

Adidas BJJ gi

----

Toro Blanco Diablo

---

Kozen (having trouble with their site, I am forced to use IE here, not working well)

-----

Shoyoroll has too many variants out there to list.

---

Shimono Hemp

---

Strike Fightware - See Poet Of Gore's post on the first page regarding his problem with the company, be warned.

--

Ronin Samurai, has art on the back.

----

Do or Die Hyperfly Premium

----

Submit One - Hard to find non-facebook pics quickly.

---

Grips Athletics Secret Weapon 2.0

---

Faixa Rua Elite
---

Moya Ivory Tech (others look different in similar price range)

---

Inverted Gear (trouble finding a bright pic that wasn't massive in size)

---

Tatami fairly basic model pictured, There are many more like the Black mamba Not even sure where to start.

---

Zombie. Tough to find html-able pics, actual photo looks cool.

---

OSS

--

Roll Dawgz, couldn't find a pic of the white.

---

Muae Wear (IDK if this is the same version but the inside is filled with art.

------

Fuji with a good number of differenttypes.

--

Fushida Comp GS. They lock down their images with html claiming copyright that I'm not going to circumvent, so WYSIWYG

---

Apologies about the OTM550SSC, any links with pics of the white are being blocked by the firewall here.

---

Mizuno Shiai Judogi

--------

Again, these are just some examples of the brands mentioned. There are clearly other colors and options within even a single company, so if you like the look of one, it's worth checking out the company... or it's worth looking at any of them because there are a ton of choices.
11/1/13 3:19 PM
Sugarfoot
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

VTFU! Good work there, all those look pretty sweet! Phone Post 3.0
11/1/13 3:50 PM
thesalfordmongoose
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vote up Krept! Thank you!
The Progress M6 is my company's gi. Hope everyone likes it? Phone Post 3.0
11/1/13 6:56 PM
Muay Tired
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sgt. Slaphead - if you like a heavier gi (models ~550-850) look at the new Adidas Jiujitsu gi. They used to have a Machado signature model but it had problems silk screening?? Now it's plain on lighter model or embroidered "Adidas" on heavy model.

Logged in to say this. MMA Joe's has a pretty decent deal, $59.99 for a white Adidas BJJ gi and $105 for a blue. Really good quality, too.

http://www.mmajoes.com/Adidas-Brazilian-Jiu-Jitsu-Gi_p_6754.html

Only caution: they're in judo sizes, not BJJ sizes, so if you're an A4, order a 5 or 6.
11/1/13 8:12 PM
Baroquen Record
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/01/13 8:12 PM
No idea about quality, but the X-Guard gis look pretty nice at $99
11/2/13 8:21 PM
petch
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I only logged in to give you a vote up Krept. Nice fucking work bro.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.