UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> What kind of advertising….

10/26/13 7:59 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
shark tank
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

have you seen as the most successful means of bringing in students at your academy? Also, what are the costs of things like radio or TV and are the returns worth the investment?

I think we can all agree that most instructors do a poor job of advertising for one reason or another. I've seen a number of instructors fail to advertise their business and suffer through hardship without putting more work into the business. I have also seen instructors rely on their students to pass out business cards or bring in their friends as their only means of advertising.
10/27/13 12:13 PM
MattyJ
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The mma place I used to train at was fairly low key for years maybe a dozen or so guys training most nights, then a new guy came in and went on a Facebook marketing campaign particularly advertising beginners courses and all of a sudden the gym was packed out every night, a lot of youngsters and newbies but everyone's got to start somewhere Phone Post 3.0
10/27/13 12:46 PM
TheBearStare
248 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
10/27/13 1:38 PM
Easters
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Social media is great but too many gym owners rely on it simply because it's free and easy. Unless you're paying for sponsored posts your target audience is very limited.

Honestly, more gym owners need to get out and hand out flyers, do demonstrations, etc. Get in with the schools.

Another one I like is the Money Mailer coupon books. At least in my area they are much more affordable than one might think. Phone Post 3.0
10/27/13 7:47 PM
shark tank
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Social media is a great tool but the people who are seeing your posts already know about your school and are/were students.

I've seen a school do really well by getting in the schools but it is a mcdojo and garbage. Some how that garbage is really appealing to elementary and middle school kids. I have yet to see a judo or jiu jitsu school be able to get into a school.

Anybody have experience with this?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.