UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Any Mendes Bro's DVDs?

10/27/13 1:47 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chris Leben is a Zombie
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They both seem like great teachers since anyone coming out of AOJ are savages, and I know Rafa has a fantastic teaching style. Are there any talks of them doing a DVD? Or are they just sticking with the online stuff? Phone Post 3.0
10/27/13 2:00 PM
Drew Foster
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris Leben is a Zombie - They both seem like great teachers since anyone coming out of AOJ are savages, and I know Rafa has a fantastic teaching style. Are there any talks of them doing a DVD? Or are they just sticking with the online stuff? Phone Post 3.0

You can find their old bull terrier DVDs on Budovideos. There's some good stuff on those. You may know about them. They came out in 2009 or 2010 I think? Each DVD has a gi and nogi portion.

But I don't imagine they'd be doing any new DVDs anytime soon. I think the online training is what they're focusing on. They usually upload 6 videos a week. 1-2 sparring/rolling vids a week. Mix of gi and nogi. Slightly more gi. Rafa teaches more on the website, although with him prepping for ADCC it's been mostly Gui the past couple of months.

It's a great resource. But sometimes it's slow to load. Some others might have some good feedback on the site as well.
10/27/13 2:29 PM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MBOnline is great like Drew said, it's way more Gi than No Gi but it still would be worth it if you're No Gi only

Rafa is one of the best teachers for online stuff IMO, the site works better than it did but it still isn't what it could be with the features, but the content is great
10/27/13 7:04 PM
Muffinho
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MBonline lacks sufficient content, and I feel like they try not to show the same techniques more than once.

They should also add some sort of technique linkage. Example: All reverse dlr techniques should have links to related RDLR techniques, going all the way back to their first RDLR video on how to set up the position.

It implicitly assumes a certain level of knowledge. I can use it just fine because I was using those techniques before the site went up, but a friend of mine who has trained longer than me is new to that style and has a hard time implementing the stuff.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.