UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Nick Diaz ready to return...

11/9/13 4:03 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Taz Styles
3167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/09/13 4:30 PM

http://www.fightersonlymag.com/content/news/20178-nick-diaz-ready-to-return-but-only-for-the-big-fights

Nick Diaz ready to return - 'but only for the big fights' 

Following his ‘retirement’ from fighting after losing a decision to welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre at UFC 158 , Nick Diaz has been enjoying his time away from the cage and away from the demands of being a full-time fighter.

However, Diaz has plenty of fight left in him and he is keen to make some money. While he has been enjoying some downtime he has been doing some thinking. He has concluded that what he would like his immediate future to hold is some big money, big reward fights.

The fight with St. Pierre was really the first time that Diaz got to take a bite of the big-money cake that the UFC’s top-tier fighters feast on. And if he had won, the coming paydays would have been enormous. He didn’t get the win, but he’s been thinking about it ever since.

Read the rest of the article here...
11/9/13 4:07 PM
Kerouac
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in before

"Diaz loses two fights in a row, wants title fight " - UGblog
11/9/13 4:08 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

Pretty sure this isn't news. He said he only wants big fights, a while ago. Phone Post
11/9/13 4:10 PM
theFLYnTACO
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't help hearing his 17 year old voice saying that shit all thuggish. Love his fights though. Loves to stand and bang...gotta give'em that. Phone Post
11/9/13 4:10 PM
Captfireeyes
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What? Someone who fights for money wants fights that make him more money? You don't say! Phone Post
11/9/13 4:14 PM
sgotwalks
1200 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I miss him......I miss him so much!

11/9/13 4:19 PM
john joe
394 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/09/13 4:42 PM
Taz is a forum asset
11/9/13 4:20 PM
FETT_TFK_El Pescadero
2603 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sgotwalks -

U n me both!!

War Diaz!! Phone Post 3.0
11/9/13 4:22 PM
LyotoBundy
315 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't hate a guy for trying, right? I think Nick will get beat by most guys in the WW top 5, although he's my favourite WW out there. I'd like to see him fight Kampmann or Maia, and then fight Condit/Ellenberger or the loser (or winner?) of GSP/Hendrix. Another interesting but potentially dangerous fight would he Lombard. I honestly think Nick could hold out and let him tire before earning a late finish or decision. Hector throws bombs though! Phone Post 3.0
11/9/13 4:23 PM
LyotoBundy
315 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

john joe - dude i just spent time and money writing that, please dont post the whole fucking article here - nobody clicks through, so it doesnt get hits, so whats the point of my employer paying me to do it??

come on man; JohnJoe wants to get PAID as well lol
Yeah, Dick move, OP. Excerpts! Excerpts! Phone Post 3.0
11/9/13 4:31 PM
angryguy
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diaz and chael would be fun. If just for the trash talk. Phone Post
11/9/13 4:32 PM
hellride
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They have to match him up with Condit again, or Lawler after he beats Rory. Those would be amazing fights.
11/9/13 4:32 PM
Taz Styles
3167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

john joe - dude i just spent time and money writing that, please dont post the whole fucking article here - nobody clicks through, so it doesnt get hits, so whats the point of my employer paying me to do it??

I understand your point, i have changed it.

11/9/13 4:33 PM
john joe
394 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Taz Styles - 
john joe - dude i just spent time and money writing that, please dont post the whole fucking article here - nobody clicks through, so it doesnt get hits, so whats the point of my employer paying me to do it??

thanks man, VU
11/9/13 4:38 PM
Taz Styles

john joe - 
Taz Styles - 

thanks man, VU

Returned.

11/9/13 4:39 PM
sycotik
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You want John joe to drive a broke ass honda his whole life OP?   :)

Please, PLEASE, let him get back into the cage ASAP.

11/9/13 4:41 PM
KFP49
901 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

+1 click for John Joe. Phone Post
11/9/13 4:45 PM
john joe

Edited: 11/09/13 4:45 PM
sycotik - 

You want John joe to drive a broke ass honda his whole life OP?   :)

Please, PLEASE, let him get back into the cage ASAP.

i drive a Ford Fiesta Zetec

i dont think you can even get these in the US; in Manhattan maybe or some other place like Europe where theres loads of tiny streets and small gay cars are useful

11/9/13 5:04 PM
Il Duce
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KFP49 - +1 click for John Joe. Phone Post

Doesn't sound like much has changed except for sponsoring a dirt track racer. Phone Post 3.0
11/9/13 5:15 PM
xsrg95
311 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

put Diaz on a card and it will be entertaining, either the lead up to the fight or during the fight. the winner or loser of MacDonald vs. lawler would be awesome
11/9/13 5:29 PM
esque
501 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If GSP doesn't want to fight Rory he should pay Diaz to come back and derail him. Phone Post
11/9/13 5:48 PM
KZTT_W85
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Should Fight Lombard Phone Post 3.0
11/9/13 5:52 PM
wiggum
280 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would want big fights, too. He's always exciting, did very well against Carlos Condit, and lit up BJ Penn and fans want to see him fight.
11/9/13 5:52 PM
FlowWithTheGo
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Love a Diaz fight. One of the biggest attractions in the sport. Phone Post 3.0
11/9/13 6:04 PM
I LOVE GSP

sgotwalks - 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.