UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Cain vs Fedor in strikeforce who wins

11/13/13 9:29 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
huggy bear
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if Cain stayed with strikeforce he would be undefeated and Fedor probably would of fought him in his first fight in strikeforce which was in 2009. At this point Fedor still had the aurora of invincibility and Cain would be very good but not the level he's at now. I'd say its a toss up what do u guys think. Phone Post 3.0
11/13/13 9:40 PM
TwentyNineTwentyEight

Good question. I don't know. Fedor still was still "Fedor" back then. He showed some chinks in the "Armor" but, he still won convincingly. Cain is a very good pressure fighter. I can see a KO by Fedor or a 3 rnd. Takedown session by Cain.

11/13/13 10:01 PM
tonytr

Cain. Easily.
11/13/13 11:17 PM
AMartinez20

The Cain back then would get slayed imo Phone Post 3.0
11/13/13 11:25 PM
-D0DG3R D0GG13-
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NewOldNewVitor - Cage hugged Cain 2.0 most likely beats Fedor though. But in the real world there's no cages to hold onto
And in the real world there's concrete floors and walls to get a head cracked. Phone Post 3.0
11/13/13 11:48 PM
chris12

NewOldNewVitor - Cain was not close to ready. Fedor is the king of suprises. Kongo for Christ sake almost KOEd Cain. Fedor would of taken Cains big head off his shoulders. Even out of prime Fedor is 3 times as explosive.
Lol. Brett Rogers almost beat Fedor Phone Post 3.0
11/14/13 12:18 AM
XcessiveZ

NewOldNewVitor -
-D0DG3R D0GG13- - 
NewOldNewVitor - Cage hugged Cain 2.0 most likely beats Fedor though. But in the real world there's no cages to hold onto
And in the real world there's concrete floors and walls to get a head cracked. Phone Post 3.0

Comical. Juiced prime Randleman slamming Fedor on his head > anything Cain can
Do takedown wise. Cain would be the one hitting his head on cement after he gets hit by a punch from Fedor with no gloves. Cains chin isn't durable enough
So wait,Cain can take huge shots from JDS who is a much harder puncher than Fedor yet he couldn't take a shot from Fedor?Ok... Phone Post 3.0
11/14/13 12:22 AM
Fryedtakyama owns me, it's normal

Idk if I would've considered that version of fedor his prime or not, but I do know I would pick prime fedor over Cain. Phone Post 3.0
11/14/13 12:49 AM
Fryedtakyama owns me, it's normal

Fryedtakyama owns me, it's normal - Idk if I would've considered that version of fedor his prime or not, but I do know I would pick prime fedor over Cain. Phone Post 3.0
Over that version of Cain I mean lol Phone Post 3.0
11/14/13 12:50 AM
Naughty Gorilla

Fedor subs him Phone Post
11/14/13 2:57 AM
crazydave
252 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cain. Easily.

11/14/13 10:56 AM
savage043
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sherlock1988 - I think fedor could come back and beat him now.
I'm like Johnny storm haters, flame on! Phone Post 3.0
Trolling to hard, you'll learn young patawan Phone Post 3.0
11/14/13 12:29 PM
XcessiveZ

sherlock1988 -
savage043 -
sherlock1988 - I think fedor could come back and beat him now.
I'm like Johnny storm haters, flame on! Phone Post 3.0
Trolling to hard, you'll learn young patawan Phone Post 3.0
I'm really not trolling, I think fedor would have speed on his side.
I don't think Cain is big enough to hold him down or against the cage and fedor's subs are nasty.
If it's a standing fight fedor drops him and chokes him out. Phone Post 3.0
He took bombs from JDS and kept pushing forward, he could take some from Fedor. Phone Post 3.0
11/14/13 12:43 PM
gokudamus stole my name iv

"I'm really not trolling, I think fedor would have speed on his side."

It didn't help him against slow Bigfoot.

"I don't think Cain is big enough to hold him down or against the cage"

A blown-up to 212lb Matt Lindland was "big enough" to keep Fedor against the ropes. I think the 240lb Cain could do it.
11/14/13 12:58 PM
ThickS0lid N Right
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Early Cain that had to wrestle cheick Congo to win .. Would lose to fedor. The Cain now beats any fashion of fedor at anytime ever. Sorry fan boys were in the future of the sport Phone Post 3.0
11/14/13 4:52 PM
ThickS0lid N Right

sherlock1988 -
ThickS0lid N Right - Early Cain that had to wrestle cheick Congo to win .. Would lose to fedor. The Cain now beats any fashion of fedor at anytime ever. Sorry fan boys were in the future of the sport Phone Post 3.0
Stop it. Phone Post 3.0
Seriously ... I'm not sure which part you even mean with the way people act around here. You might mean that fedor could never beat Cain because people disrespect the legends around here to no end. Or you might be a "nut job/Hugger" that thinks prime whoever from 10 years ago can destroy these new evolved champs like they're hong man choi. That being said fedor is the best heavyweight of all time but the Cain that fought Jds looked like a whole new monster in the division that has evolved very little since fedors prime Phone Post 3.0
11/14/13 4:55 PM
Bobby Lupo
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cain. Strikeforce Fedor was a Wanger. Cain would take him down and pound him into a cut stoppage.
11/14/13 5:17 PM
Telamon
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Naughty Gorilla - Fedor subs him Phone Post

At his peak, Fedor used his judo and strikes perfectly; the strikes set up his judo, his judo set him up for his hits. I think you could take the best grapplers in the world and they won't be able to sub Cain but if you have someone that can KO AND sub, he'll get subbed.
11/14/13 5:19 PM
upaloompa
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cain via modernity of training, quality of camp and his own tremendous skills. I don't see a properly prepared version of Cain losing to Fedor, and Fedor's my favourite fighter.

Now I'm not calling it a squash match by any means, Fedor is the HW GOAT but people need to get their heads out of 2006. Cain isn't Tim Sylvia or Arlovski or Brett Rogers, he's a completely well rounded elite heavyweight training out of a top level camp. Fedor has never fought someone remotely comparable to Cain, Coleman, Randleman, Arona don't COME CLOSE. Now Cain hasn't fought a Fedor either but the problem I have coming into any of these threads is it takes about a page before delusional nostalgia makes real evaluation impossible. Reasonable points about the abilities of either quickly becomes "Fedor spent 30 fights without losing" as if that's the end of the story doesn't need a whole lot of qualification (Fedors streak against RANKED HEAVYWEIGHTS is both what was impressive and what matters, the Ogawa fight doesn't lend anything to his legacy).

Realistically at this point Fedor was a better striker, and better at submissions (Cain's never been subbed though, and I somehow don't see it happening). Cain's wrestling is obviously superior and will allow Cain to dictate quite a bit of the fight, despite Fedor's strong clinch/judo game. Young Cain either gets stopped early or stops Fedor around the third via accumulation. I have this one ending up a lot like the Bigfoot fight with a KO chance for Fedor.

Fedor has a good chance, as I said it definitely isn't a squash but I don't put much faith in the KO. Cain via tko 3-4.

11/14/13 5:41 PM
Bobby Lupo
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedor was done by the time he came to SF. Even a raw Cain, using just his wrestling and GNP like against that chuby Croat would give Fedor fits. Fedor looked like a white belt against Bigfoot and Silva has nothing on Cain except size. Cain on top is far more dangerous than 3 Bigfoot Silvas.

Fedor doesn't have the striking or reach of a Kongo. He would throw wild hooks and Cain would change levels and put him on his back. Just a terrible matchup for Fedor. We might see a few desperation subs from Fedor, but Cain would just control him in the scramble and put him back on his back
11/14/13 10:42 PM
ThickS0lid N Right

sherlock1988 -
ThickS0lid N Right -
sherlock1988 -
ThickS0lid N Right - Early Cain that had to wrestle cheick Congo to win .. Would lose to fedor. The Cain now beats any fashion of fedor at anytime ever. Sorry fan boys were in the future of the sport Phone Post 3.0
Stop it. Phone Post 3.0
Seriously ... I'm not sure which part you even mean with the way people act around here. You might mean that fedor could never beat Cain because people disrespect the legends around here to no end. Or you might be a "nut job/Hugger" that thinks prime whoever from 10 years ago can destroy these new evolved champs like they're hong man choi. That being said fedor is the best heavyweight of all time but the Cain that fought Jds looked like a whole new monster in the division that has evolved very little since fedors prime Phone Post 3.0
Where does Cain have the advantage. I'm not the biggest fan of jones but he's the new monster where we will be looking for people for him to fight.
Cain still has a lot to prove, he has all the skill to do it but longevity is key and he has a lot of style match ups witch he has never faced. Phone Post 3.0
Agreed Cain isn't some Hybrid athlete like jones an Gsp with the wrestling striking an submissions for sure ... I don't like Cain at all really but he looks like the next step on the heavyweight division .. Maybe a Travis brown style guy with solid wrestling would be the next step but that's what I ment by saying heavyweight seems to evolve slower Phone Post 3.0
11/14/13 10:56 PM
JJarvis_6

FEDORRRRRRR Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.