UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> St-Pierre vs. Hendricks

11/17/13 3:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
pursuitofhappiness
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why's everyone talking about overall damage ? Means nothing cause fights aren't scored as a whole.. If GSP barley won rounds 3 and 5 and Hendricks beat the shit out of him in rounds 2 and 4 guess what it's still 2 rounds to 2. Depends on the first round.
11/17/13 3:26 PM
lookoutawhale
1035 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought Hendtricks won that fight. But im not sure how hard he was landing those elbows in the first. Rogan made it seem like it was, but who knows. Maybe they normal. That might have influened people watching. They just seemed like normal elbows.

But i feel Johnny did do much more damage. GSP in these last 3 fights hasnt looked the same after his leg operation. Hes huffing and puffing a lot and wasnt going to explosive takedowns where he runs and goes for the tackle. He was going to for weak single legs that looked lethargic. He doesnt seem have that same explosive energy.

11/17/13 3:44 PM
Chiron
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some people are saying damage doesn't count in the Unified Rules. Even Kenny Florian (GSP's teammate) is saying that. That is ignorant of the rules.

According to the ABC's Unified Rules:
Effective striking is judged by determining the number of legal strikes landed by a contestant and the significance of such legal strikes.

The ABC had meetings last year and it was mentioned that they don't want to use a term like "damage" because of the negative connotation.

According to the Unified Rules on the NSAC website:
“Effective striking” is judged by considering (a) the impact of legal strikes landed by each contestant, and (b) the number of legal strikes landed by each contestant. The more impact a strike has on an opponent, the more credit is to be given to the striking contestant. Cumulative impact inflicted by each contestant during the round is also to be recognized.

"Impact" and "Cumulative impact" clearly mean damage and Hendricks did a lot more of that in at least 3 rounds.
11/17/13 3:45 PM
The Sultan
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingofBJJ -
The Sultan - 
56sav - This fight is about poor judging perception regarding damaging strikes landed than anything else. It's also a testament to how poor the 10 point must scoring system, designed for a 15 round boxing fight, works for MMA.
GSP gets mauled and "wins" a decision, and while obviously losing the entire fight, a case can be made for "winning" more individual rounds.
Overall a sham of decision, and real black eye for the sport.
I disagree. It was a close fight. I see many people throwing around terms without truly knowing the meaning or intentionally showing their bias. Either way, it doesn't make any sense, IMO.

"Robbery" "Domination" "Mauled" .....none of these things happened tonight. Not even in the slightest. The fight was very close and, By definition, none of those terms can be used to describe this fight or the decision. See Anderson Silva vs Rich Franklin I & II for a domination or a mauling. A close fight where one fighter or the other eeked out a split decision win does not qualify.

I thought the fight was close but I didn't see either fighter do enough to say "that was definitely the winner". I would have been fine with the decision going to either guy.

However, on a separate note, What was really annoying was when Hendricks was walking around with his arms wide, smiling like he just KO'd gsp.. he didn't do nearly enough to be that excited. Phone Post

It was indeed a robbery to the extent that Hendricks was controlling the fight.  He was the more effective striker and he controlled clinch 90% time keeping GSP's back against the cage.

I diagree. I thought gsp was landing more frequently. Hendricks was flailing a lot but that doesn't equate to controlling the striking. Knee bumps against the cage isn't controlling the striking either. Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 4:31 PM
xaeo

lol @ people arguing. People who think Hendricks won aren't gonna convince people who think gsp won otherwise. might as well argue about god while you're at it. Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 4:41 PM
The Sultan
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingofBJJ -

Hendricks kind of snatched a loss from the jaws of victory.  Why during the post press conference he says:

"Yea I was only throwing 70% power in my punches.  I didn't need to throw any harder because they were hurting him. It was enough".

Dana quickly rebutted, "clearly it wasn't because you left it in the hand of the judges.  Next time you should use 100%".

ROTFL!

Hendricks is a douche Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 5:06 PM
Dexter Morgan

GSP won round 3 only.

The judges are either taking bribes or smoking crack.

11/17/13 5:11 PM
Thuglife13
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hendricks - "Yea I was only throwing 70% power in my punches. I didn't need to throw any harder because they were hurting him. It was enough".

Seems legit

Rashad's voice - "You don't believe that"
11/17/13 5:20 PM
NFABeeJay
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Re watched.

1st toss up but I gave it to Johnny for the strikes and elbows he delivered while have the whizer.

2nd Hendricks

3rd Toss up(gave to GSP)

4th Hendricks

5th GSP

When going into the 5th I was thinking this fight is either 4-0 JH or split 2-2.

I got 48-47 Hendricks. Great Fight. Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 7:12 PM
dhill1974

George, Rory. Head movement. That is all.
11/17/13 8:25 PM
DBlades

The whole "damage" argument is stupid imo.

Should a guy with a weak chin and who's full of scar tissue, be subject to an unfair disadvantage?

Hendricks wobbled him once, and hit him clean a fair amount, but I feel GSP hit him more and sometimes "harder", from a viewing perspective anyways.

I don't think damage should be a factor in the final outcome, but as a viewer it is awfully hard to separate the two. Props to the Judges for being able to do that, I guess.

I believe this was a lot closer of a fight than people are giving GSP credit for, Hendricks is a huge douche, and at the end of the day either man could have one, in that instance I would agree that you have to give it to the champ.

Though I kind of wish Hendricks had of won, so Condit can go kick the shit out of this punk.
11/17/13 10:15 PM
mixedmartianartist

chaplinshouse - 

nice hgh gut goddayam

oh man.. it's getting worse and worse. no wonder he wants time off.

take note kids, HGH will not make you a good fighter. but good looks and a french accent will get bitches to like you.
11/17/13 10:18 PM
mixedmartianartist

The Sultan - 
KingofBJJ -

Hendricks kind of snatched a loss from the jaws of victory.  Why during the post press conference he says:

"Yea I was only throwing 70% power in my punches.  I didn't need to throw any harder because they were hurting him. It was enough".

Dana quickly rebutted, "clearly it wasn't because you left it in the hand of the judges.  Next time you should use 100%".

ROTFL!

Hendricks is a douche Phone Post 3.0

and what do you think of GSP?

...you think he's sexy don't you. lol

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.