UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Thanks to the diehard Ruthless Fans

11/17/13 10:06 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Matt Pena
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm Coach Matt Peña, Robbie's striking coach. I just wanted to give a shout out and thanks to all of the diehard Robbie Lawler fans. When everyone else in the world was underestimating Robbie Lawler, many of you were telling it like it is, here, on the underground. It's unfortunate some are discrediting Rory McDonald now. I thought he was gonna break and he showed me he had a lot of heart. Much respect to him. He will be back in the winning column soon. He just face one of the strongest guys in the division, someone that can't be bullied or pushed around at 170lbs. I'm sure there are still some doubters and that's great, we don't mind being the dog, but I'm telling you, Robbie is the best WW in the world. I'll be the only one saying it for now. It's my belief. I thought that when Robbie was helping me corner Hughes when he lost to GSP and Koscheck. Both times Matt lost, I would look at Robbie and think. You are going to beat both of these guys. One down and one to go. If GSP doesn't want to fight any more. I hope they do set up Lawler and Hendrix. It would be an amazing fight. UFC fans deserve a champ at WW that isn't afraid to end the fight early. We would love to bring that WW belt back to Iowa for a fourth time. I don't mean to sound over confident, I just have a strong strong belief. Again to Rob's diehard fans thank you so much. You guys have no idea how happy he is to chat with you all. Best Regards!
11/17/13 10:07 AM
6ULDV8
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He...looked...awesome!

WAR RUTHLESS!

11/17/13 10:07 AM
esque
609 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War Ruthless! Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 10:09 AM
LeastLegit
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WAR Robbie! Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 10:11 AM
cyberc92
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Robbie is the fucking man. He is the fighter that got me back into watching the UFC back in 2002. I saw UFC 37.5 and Lawler fought Aaron Riley. I haven't been off the bandwagon since.

11/17/13 10:13 AM
dgthedarkness
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One of my favorite fighters... Dude is all business and always exciting. Seems like a his dude too. Ruthless!!!! Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 10:13 AM
quality
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The fight surprised me. I thought Rory was going to wear Robbie down. Robbie hung in there and did the opposite of what I expected. I'm very happy that Robbie won though I've always been a fan. He's one of those people that you always think he's going to lose and still pulls out the win and in amazing fashion.
11/17/13 10:16 AM
Tilla

cyberc92 - Robbie is the fucking man. He is the fighter that got me back into watching the UFC back in 2002. I saw UFC 37.5 and Lawler fought Aaron Riley. I haven't been off the bandwagon since.

Damn right!

My friends used to be blown away by Robbie and would ALWAYS ask me 'Is that young KO Kid fighting on this DVD? Put him on now!' (I used to buy the early Zuffa UFC DVD's when Robbie was coming through).

Dude is a beast, and it'd be great to see him win a world title. A true FIGHTER in every sense of the word.
11/17/13 10:21 AM
Jody

At this point, I think Robbie can give Hendricks or GSP a run for their money.

People forgot that when Lawler connects with the looping right hook, that things go nuclear. Props to McDonald for not getting KO'd

Cro Cop left head kick - Decapitator
Henderson overhead right - H Bomb

I, therefore, name Lawler's looping right hook from the southpaw stance, the Nuclear Option.

You're welcome...
MMAtador

Robbie is the man, dude always shows up Phone Post 3.0
UGCTT_THE Kevin Chandler
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great chin, awesome hands, and an always improving take down defense?  How can you not love Robbie? He's like Chuck for the new generation.

The fight was great and Robbie pretty much dominated him in every area, you should both be very happy.

Then I'm gonna post this picture 'cause it's one of my favorites.

11/17/13 10:23 AM
RollHighAllDay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WAR Ruthless Robbie Lawler!!! Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 10:25 AM
Matt Pena
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's pretty freaking awesome to know the history he has with you all and to know that he has withstood time. He is finally peaking and his best fights are yet to come. A true rarity. Keep to ball rolling folks. We will make believers!
11/17/13 10:26 AM
Gfropr

Matt Pena - I'm Coach Matt Peña, Robbie's striking coach. I just wanted to give a shout out and thanks to all of the diehard Robbie Lawler fans. When everyone else in the world was underestimating Robbie Lawler, many of you were telling it like it is, here, on the underground. It's unfortunate some are discrediting Rory McDonald now. I thought he was gonna break and he showed me he had a lot of heart. Much respect to him. He will be back in the winning column soon. He just face one of the strongest guys in the division, someone that can't be bullied or pushed around at 170lbs. I'm sure there are still some doubters and that's great, we don't mind being the dog, but I'm telling you, Robbie is the best WW in the world. I'll be the only one saying it for now. It's my belief. I thought that when Robbie was helping me corner Hughes when he lost to GSP and Koscheck. Both times Matt lost, I would look at Robbie and think. You are going to beat both of these guys. One down and one to go. If GSP doesn't want to fight any more. I hope they do set up Lawler and Hendrix. It would be an amazing fight. UFC fans deserve a champ at WW that isn't afraid to end the fight early. We would love to bring that WW belt back to Iowa for a fourth time. I don't mean to sound over confident, I just have a strong strong belief. Again to Rob's diehard fans thank you so much. You guys have no idea how happy he is to chat with you all. Best Regards!
I hated watching Robbie fight at middleweight in Strikeforce. I'm really glad he's at a weight where he's not under sized. Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 10:26 AM
Gfropr

Dammit did not mean to quote ^^^ Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 10:28 AM
Matt Pena

UGCTT_THE Kevin Chandler - 

Great chin, awesome hands, and an always improving take down defense?  How can you not love Robbie? He's like Chuck for the new generation.

The fight was great and Robbie pretty much dominated him in every area, you should both be very happy.

Then I'm gonna post this picture 'cause it's one of my favorites.

I have this picture and gloves framed in my office. Next to the manhoef picture and shorts!
11/17/13 10:32 AM
sockeye
213 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Robbie is a bad ass Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 10:34 AM
timessquare
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd love Robbie to be champ. Any chance you can get him on here to do an AMA when he has a spare hour?

11/17/13 10:36 AM
cyberc92
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matt,

How is the training down in Florida? Who are Robbie's main sparring partners now? It must be sick seeing Lawler spar guys like Lombard.

11/17/13 10:37 AM
DragonDidn'tDrinkEnoughPee
868 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Congrats on the victory. Was really impressive to watch, as usual Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 10:38 AM
RyannVonDoom

He ended the hype and i am forever a fan. Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 10:42 AM
UGCTT_5 for fighting
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post
11/17/13 10:43 AM
Matt Pena

cyberc92 - Matt,

How is the training down in Florida? Who are Robbie's main sparring partners now? It must be sick seeing Lawler spar guys like Lombard.

ATT is stacked with so much various talent. They don't have to have their top fighters sparring each other. They are seriously so stacked. Guys with no UFC fights that can easily compete in the UFC walk around everywhere. Of all shapes and sizes!
11/17/13 10:45 AM
Gfropr

I remember hearing Pat Militech saying how brutal it is to spar with Robbie. War Robbie! Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 10:48 AM
FETT_TFK_El Pescadero
2694 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So Stoked for Robbie... And you Coach! Great fight last night, was epic when in between rounds he said..." I like that Kick, it's mine now"!! Lmao Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.