UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Cro Cop: My respect for Emelianenkos is gone

11/19/13 11:57 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1064 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Mirko 'CroCop' Filipovic was a Pride legend, failed to reach equivalent heights in the UFC, returned successfully to his roots in kickboxing, and was not successful in his latest foray into MMA, tapping to a neck crank late in the first to Alexey Oleinik at Russia's  Legend 2.

Fedor Emelianenko recently made some critical comment about Mirko's last fight.

"Something happened to him," said Fedor. "And he does not have either the physical condition or mental attitude."

"There is something that broke in him and he is not the same fighter as he was before. This is evident on his style of fighting and on his look during the fight. I don't know how to explain... You know when a person goes into the ring to win, or at least not to lose. I mean, when a fighter is ready and goes to fight than it can be seen by his look. Regardless of whether he gets hit or not, he goes forward and regardless of whether he wins or loses, he wants to go forward, and it is clear from his burning eyes.'

"But it also happens that a fighter does not want to, not even to win, but he wants to get out of here so quickly as possible, out of the ring, out of the cage, with any result of the fight."

In response, the Croatian blasted Fedor, via Facebook, as translated by middleeasy:

"Fedor commented on me and today I read a comment from his eminent brother," said Cro Cop. "It's little to say that I truly respected and liked them both since the time when we fought together in Japan, but that respect is now gone.

"Alexander, who probably caused all the scandal and manfully beat up a 63 years old just so that he doesn't have to enter the ring with me, I won't comment too much because the sport is often looked down on because of guys like him, and besides, he doesn't deserve much of a comment. But Fedor was a grave disappointment. If Fedor fought in my city, I'd come to his hotel, take him out for dinner, have a talk with him, and if I had to tell him something I'd tell it to his face and not talk over newspapers. Afterall, we're "brothers in arms" and we bled together in Japanese rings, and had a fight that many consider as the best in MMA hisotry, and he not only didn't have the audacity to say hello, even before the fight in the lockeroom, but he commented on me that I'm this and that, this wasn't the Fedor that I used to know.

"Every one of his loses fell hard on me, as if it were my own, and this same man then says publicly that he doesn't know what keeps me fighting, that I'm not in shape and such things. Everyone has the right for an opinion, but till I'm shedding my own blood, enduring the torture and pain, the decision is mine, it's my thing for how long I'll fight and why I fight.

"About the fight, I'm sick because of the loss, but I'm glad that I broke the blockade in my head that I had about grappling through my entire career and I'm glad that I tried to go for a guillotine and after that for a triangle. Sadly, I wasn't able to get it around him, cause if I did he'd be choked out. If I was able to get both legs together, and it was close, I would have finished him and it would have been "Great job, champ!", "Awesome!", "You're in great shape!", but like this, it's just gonna be spitting all over me and this and that."

What do you think UG? Fedor's remarks were on point or uncalled for? Cro Cop's response over reacting or about right? And is Aleks troubled or is he troubled?

11/20/13 12:00 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ChaosOverkill
461 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sucks the mutual respect and commeraderie they had is gone, because Alex is a total fuck up and Fedor has to be loyal to his brother I guess.

11/20/13 12:02 AM
DanHendersonsDentures
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

anyone know what Fedor said?
11/20/13 12:06 AM
DragonDidn'tDrinkEnoughPee
707 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That sucks. I always liked to pretend him and fedor sat on a porch as old men joking about some new whippersnapper Phone Post 3.0
11/20/13 12:16 AM
JimmersonzGlove
479 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Get off my lawn! Phone Post 3.0
11/20/13 12:17 AM
FingerorMoon
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm happy that Mirko has broke the blockade in his head.
11/20/13 12:21 AM
slamming
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DanHendersonsDentures - anyone know what Fedor said?

Read the OP.
11/20/13 12:23 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How dare he speak about a legend like that! I've suddenly lost all respect for him.

Or do we only do that if it's Jon Jones? Phone Post 3.0
11/20/13 12:26 AM
RyannVonDoom

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - How dare he speak about a legend like that! I've suddenly lost all respect for him.

Only jones Phone Post 3.0
11/20/13 12:35 AM
Stan Wang

weird how all the values that cro cop thinks others should live by somehow don't apply to him.
11/20/13 1:11 AM
Lex_o

That's not the Fedor that I used to know Phone Post 3.0
11/20/13 2:18 AM
neibs

Hang on.
Is this the same guy who took a bunch of pics with UFC guys, smiling like they're old friends. Then went to the media the next day saying that all should be fired for being in those pictures? Phone Post 3.0
11/20/13 2:47 AM
MMc AA

neibs - Hang on.
Is this the same guy who took a bunch of pics with UFC guys, smiling like they're old friends. Then went to the media the next day saying that all should be fired for being in those pictures? Phone Post 3.0

11/20/13 2:52 AM
Jobe Watson the Gentleman
410 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedor needs to show up with a bottle of Vodka at Mirko's house. They will drink, bury the hatchet and all will be right in the world again. Phone Post 3.0
11/20/13 3:38 AM
Sukulaku

neibs - Hang on.

No. This is the guy who said that if he was in Dana's shoes, he would fire them.
11/20/13 3:40 AM
Phisher

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - How dare he speak about a legend like that! I've suddenly lost all respect for him.

Voted up.

11/20/13 3:44 AM
IP
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cro Cop is a strange dude.
11/20/13 3:46 AM
maccadamion

war Fedor.... p.s. " neck cranks fuckin hurt bro" hee hee

11/20/13 3:51 AM
The Mammoth
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sad to see CroCop bitching like this. The whole 'Dana needs to fire those guys' was weird. The tapping to a school yard neck crank was weird and now bitching about the Emelianekos is weird.

Wouldnt be suprised if Cro Cop is interested in a rematch with Fedor for some kind of relevency. Fedor would destroy Mirko right now.

Im a big fan of Cro Cop, but i barely recognise this dude :(

11/20/13 3:56 AM
Truemanc3
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You have to respect both guy.

Fedor is always going to defend his brother... but it seems Fedors brother is the bain of his life
11/20/13 4:06 AM
DanHendersonsDentures
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

slamming - 
DanHendersonsDentures - anyone know what Fedor said?

Read the OP.

I did all it hints at is Fedor said he was out of shape unless Im missing something.

when I asked that I ment does anyone have the interview or vid of what exactly Fedor said...like word for word
11/20/13 4:08 AM
DanHendersonsDentures

"man then says publicly that he doesn't know what keeps me fighting, that I'm not in shape and such things. Everyone has the right for an opinion, but till I'm shedding my own blood, enduring the torture and pain, the decision is mine, it's my thing for how long I'll fight and why I fight."

From what I read it sounds almost like Fedor was calling CroCop washed up and saying he needs to stop fighting. Just seems out of the norm for Fedor so I was wondering if anyone knows exactly what he said
11/20/13 4:09 AM
time traveling 12er
222 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RyannVonDoom - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - How dare he speak about a legend like that! I've suddenly lost all respect for him.

Only jones Phone Post 3.0

Or Dana White.

11/20/13 4:12 AM
time traveling 12er
222 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DanHendersonsDentures - "man then says publicly that he doesn't know what keeps me fighting, that I'm not in shape and such things. Everyone has the right for an opinion, but till I'm shedding my own blood, enduring the torture and pain, the decision is mine, it's my thing for how long I'll fight and why I fight."

From what I read it sounds almost like Fedor was calling CroCop washed up and saying he needs to stop fighting. Just seems out of the norm for Fedor so I was wondering if anyone knows exactly what he said

Fedor Emelianenko said recently that he thinks Cro Cop has lost the competitive fire that once made him great.

"I think that in that time Mirko was in his best form," Fedor said of their epic battle at Pride Final Conflict 2005. "He was in good physical shape and he was on a psychological lift. He was a very interesting fighter. He had great potential. Now something happened to him, and he does not have either the physical condition or mental attitude."

Fedor said he can't put his finger on exactly what it is that changed about Cro Cop, but it's clear that something did.

"There is something that broke in him and he is not the same fighter as he was before," Fedor said. "This is evident on his style of fighting and on his look during the fight. I don't know how to explain. ... You know when a person goes into the ring to win, or at least not to lose. I mean, when a fighter is ready and goes to fight than it can be seen by his look. Regardless of whether he gets hit or not, he goes forward and regardless of whether he wins or loses, he wants to go forward, and it is clear from his burning eyes.

That, Fedor says, isn't what we've seen in Cro Cop recently.

"But it also happens that a fighter does not want to -- not even to win, but he wants to get out of here so quickly as possible, out of the ring, out of the cage, with any result of the fight."

11/20/13 4:26 AM
MMc AA

^Judging from those quotes Fedor answered questions honestly, no one can deny Crocop isnt what he once was and if he gets offended by people saying that then it's his own problem.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.