UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rousey: You have to be willing to die

11/29/13 6:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bentleysuper8
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Malvert the Janitor - Phone Post 3.0

No idea what this has to do with the article byt VU anyway.

Not sure what the fuss is, other than the fashion thing it was a pretty normal interview.
11/29/13 6:17 PM
CindyO

Hadukon - 
BuddyRevell -
Jiu Jitsu doesn't work - I hate that f**kin "you have to be willin' to die in that cage"...
Come on...we're talking about a sport...aren't we??? Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, it's pretty dumb when they say that crap. You figure the UFC does a lot of outreach with the troops and some of these fighters spouting that nonsense would gain some perspective on people that are really willing to die for things that truly matter. 

Well you are risking your life when you step in there so you have to have that mentality so your not scared. All the champs would probably die rather then loss Phone Post 3.0

They'd rather die than lose? Then why do some of them tap???

Cindy

11/29/13 6:18 PM
GnP Sonnen

Carson's Corner Fan - I heart Ronda. WMMAs undisputed GOAT!!!! Phone Post
Lol no Phone Post 3.0
11/29/13 6:26 PM
CaptChaos
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ronda's fashion designer should be shot.
She rambled about cutting weight cause 1 of her team members could not make weight. She should understand that most people that don't follow the sport won't understand what she's talking about. Saying she "is willing to die" doesn't make the sport look good IMO. It' makes the spot sound barbaric. I guess it's easy to say when you know the odds of that happening in the cage are slim to none. Whenever mma fighters are speaking to people that don't understand the sport like we do I think it's important to say things so the general public will understand what you're talking about.

Cotto is a warrior. Please don't compare the 2 of them and say Rhonda is "better" because she has an Olympic medal and he doesn't. That's a silly argument and you sound childish.

11/29/13 7:00 PM
BDW_1983

Talk about taking the sport back 20 years with comments like "willing to die" people who haven't seen mma before will think its like the movie blood sport. Phone Post 3.0
11/29/13 7:09 PM
ChaosOverkill
739 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Carson's Corner Fan - How many Olympic Medals does Cotto have??

Thought so. Phone Post

King faggot right here

11/29/13 7:23 PM
LyotoBundy
316 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Death via wrong circumstances imo Phone Post 3.0
11/29/13 7:26 PM
FedorEmilioEstevez
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She's had 7 pro fights guys, maybe we could learn us a thing or two Phone Post 3.0
11/29/13 7:36 PM
CAT DAMMIT
457 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"to the dead."

BJ Penn Phone Post 3.0
11/29/13 7:55 PM
JamesTheWelshDR
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Carson's Corner Fan - How many Olympic Medals does Cotto have??

Thought so. Phone Post
By this logic Amir khan > cotto Phone Post 3.0
11/29/13 8:52 PM
Bulerias

She is a great representative to the UFC and especially to highlight the beginning of female UFC fighters.  Hate her of love her, she represents well...

11/29/13 10:01 PM
JerodR
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Principal - "You have to be willing to die...."

*ducks C. Cyborg Phone Post 3.0
Nice Try...

Actual Quote:

Tito- "I don't want Cyborg dying over weight cut".

Asks to be released from UFC contract. Phone Post 3.0
11/29/13 10:10 PM
The Principal
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JerodR -

Nice Try...

Actual Quote:

Honda won't fight her over 135; self preservation on her part. Translation: "I don't want to die fighting Cyborg" Phone Post 3.0
11/29/13 10:24 PM
BuddyRevell
239 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Principal - 
JerodR -

Nice Try...

Actual Quote:

Honda won't fight her over 135; self preservation on her part. Translation: "I don't want to die fighting Cyborg" Phone Post 3.0

VTFU, Principal. She's supposedly willing to die, but not willing to fight Cyborg at 145? C'mon now.

11/29/13 11:46 PM
JerodR
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was just stating a fact not an opinion...

Rousey has proven that she can cut to 135 in 24hrs which means she is fighting in her ideal weight class. Cyborg literally thinks she could die cutting to 135. That alone shows that Cyborg is MUCH bigger than Rousey. They shouldn't even be having the conversation in my opinion.

The UFC also has no 145lb division so it would have no value what so ever to fight Cyborg outside of 135lbs.

At the end of the day Cyborg chose to get out of the UFC contract. Phone Post 3.0
11/30/13 12:49 AM
outtrigger

Rhonda didnt just have 7 fights, she fought in 1000+ judo match, many of the at the highest athletic level in the world, and most of her judo opponents are just as tough if not tougher than anyone she has face so far in MMA.

you people are retarded
11/30/13 12:55 AM
Bisping decisioned my SN

This bitch

Stfu already... Phone Post 3.0
11/30/13 1:52 AM
DrunkenBatman
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What a stupid thing to say. Phone Post 3.0
11/30/13 2:29 AM
ManWithTheIronFists
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't wait to see how she takes losing.
11/30/13 2:39 AM
CindyO

devils advocate -

honda is mainstream now

She looks great in this pic!

Cindy Phone Post 3.0
11/30/13 10:34 AM
rjhartman

Please, just stop talking/.
11/30/13 10:44 AM
ChucoV
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JerodR - I was just stating a fact not an opinion...

Rousey has proven that she can cut to 135 in 24hrs which means she is fighting in her ideal weight class. Cyborg literally thinks she could die cutting to 135. That alone shows that Cyborg is MUCH bigger than Rousey. They shouldn't even be having the conversation in my opinion.

The UFC also has no 145lb division so it would have no value what so ever to fight Cyborg outside of 135lbs.

At the end of the day Cyborg chose to get out of the UFC contract. Phone Post 3.0
Back in StrikeForce she started calling out Cyborg then promptly dropped down a weight class. Phone Post 3.0
11/30/13 10:50 AM
cheesesteak
253 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ronda Rousey in her new outfit

11/30/13 11:21 AM
Lite
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jiu Jitsu doesn't work - I hate that f**kin "you have to be willin' to die in that cage"...
Come on...we're talking about a sport...aren't we??? Phone Post 3.0

This kinda attitude was common in the early days. Enson was famous for having this mentality. It was back when everybody doing bjj was reading the Hagakure.
11/30/13 4:03 PM
SamboMMA

ChucoV - 
JerodR - I was just stating a fact not an opinion...

Back in StrikeForce she started calling out Cyborg then promptly dropped down a weight class. Phone Post 3.0

She was calling out Cyborg when she was still an Amateur.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.