UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Anyone here training in Abu Dhabi?

12/22/13 8:10 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BobbyBigLug
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone here train in Abu Dhabi?  I found a decent JJ place, but not really anywhere for mma or striking.  I get up to Dubai a couple times a week as well, so if anyone trains there let me know. 

12/22/13 8:15 AM
BackOffWarchild
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was training for the "kidnap a homeless kid and tie him to the back of a camel" races, but it turns out that I am neither homeless nor malnourished, so the sheiks took a pass on me. :(
12/22/13 8:27 AM
BobbyBigLug
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BackOffWarchild - I was training for the "kidnap a homeless kid and tie him to the back of a camel" races, but it turns out that I am neither homeless nor malnourished, so the sheiks took a pass on me. :(

That sucks, man.  Hopefully you can lose enough weight and your house before next years event.

12/22/13 10:31 AM
BackOffWarchild
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BobbyBigLug - 
BackOffWarchild - I was training for the "kidnap a homeless kid and tie him to the back of a camel" races, but it turns out that I am neither homeless nor malnourished, so the sheiks took a pass on me. :(

That sucks, man.  Hopefully you can lose enough weight and your house before next years event.

Well, I did eat Taco Bell last night. So I'm around $8 lighter in the wallet and it liquified my intestines. The Bell is the only food you can eat and immediately lose weight. I'm on track, brah.
12/22/13 10:52 AM
redcloud112
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bobby. Hey, man. I'm a purple who trains with Bitta, top ranking BJJ guy in AD right now. I'm curious when you say you found a place to train. I assume you mean you're not training at ADCC. I refuse to pay 300$ a month to train there, especially when I know the Emiratis aren't paying anything. Anyway, I get to train with Bitta and a few guys three times a week, but I'd like to get one more day in on the mats. Anyway, let me know what your situation is. Thanks!
12/22/13 12:16 PM
FoluFam
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dude, find a gym called TSG. Its run by a guy called Tam Khan, a very good coach. Facilities are a God-send and has been blessed by Royce Gracie. Check it out Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 3:18 PM
BobbyBigLug

Edited: 12/22/13 3:22 PM
redcloud112 - Bobby. Hey, man. I'm a purple who trains with Bitta, top ranking BJJ guy in AD right now. I'm curious when you say you found a place to train. I assume you mean you're not training at ADCC. I refuse to pay 300$ a month to train there, especially when I know the Emiratis aren't paying anything. Anyway, I get to train with Bitta and a few guys three times a week, but I'd like to get one more day in on the mats. Anyway, let me know what your situation is. Thanks!

I trained at ADCC the last time I was out here, but luckily I didn't have to pay.  There is no way I would have paid $300 a month for it either, that is mental.  I've been here for about a month now and my friend took me to a place at the Officers Club to train with a black belt named Paulito.  It seems pretty legit from the few times I've been there.  It's a small class and I think the instruction is good.

My friend asked if we could go there and do some sparring once in a while and was told that we were free to use the mats if there wasn't a class going on.  I'll look into it a little more if you are interested. Maybe we can get an informal group together for some rolling on an off-day.  
12/22/13 3:20 PM
BobbyBigLug

FoluFam - Dude, find a gym called TSG. Its run by a guy called Tam Khan, a very good coach. Facilities are a God-send and has been blessed by Royce Gracie. Check it out Phone Post 3.0

Awesome, thanks man.  Are you training there?  I'll look into it asap.

12/23/13 12:47 PM
redcloud112
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bobby, yeah, I could use an open mat day once a week. I am getting alot of good, hands-on, technical training with Bitta. The rolling is pretty intense, though, so going at my own pace (I'm 43) would also be cool. If you don't mind me asking, how much are you paying at the officer's club? If you want to PM me, I can send my email. Let me know.

Folu, I ran a Google search for the academy you suggested. I couldn't find it. Do you have any more details about it? Thanks
12/25/13 5:22 AM
BobbyBigLug

PM sent.

1/21/14 1:42 PM
redcloud112

Bobby

I'm back in the swing of things, training with Bitta at Al Jazira. If you want to come by tomorrow, we'll be there at 4. He's pretty casual about guys just showing up to train. His classes are pretty small and friendly. No egos or competition training at this point. If you want to train, send me an email by 3:30 pm with your phone number (redcloud111 (at) gmail (dot) com. I can tell you how to get there and meet you out front before class.
1/21/14 2:26 PM
Ray Elbe
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tam Khan has a sick facility. He just moved gyms. Royce was there last week. Facebook him Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.