UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> What does Hunt need to do to get a title shot?

12/22/13 11:31 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
duckhuntgangsta
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In win? Werdum is likely next in line but I it seems the sentiment for Hunt to get a title shot grows every day. If Fabricio gets injured would Hunt be the one to get the call? Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 11:36 AM
Kim Jong Uno
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hunt being injured, it will be the winner of Browne/Barnett? I'm thinking they will make Hunt win once more before giving him a title shot
12/22/13 11:37 AM
Slade Wilson AKA Deathstroke
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well, he's coming off a loss and a draw.  I think he needs to win at least two straight fights to earn it.  Sadly, Cain is going to clean out the division most likely.

12/22/13 11:40 AM
Warriormmd
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just because of how thin the division is seeming and how often changes are made, I think he may only need 1 good win. Definitely 2 at most. Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 12:53 PM
RattleCaT
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just imagining hunt walk off ko Cain Velasquez makes me wanna shit my gockies. And I like Cain. Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 12:57 PM
LardArseScaretyCat

Fight Werdum while Cain recovers and win in such a fashion that people forget about Barnett. Other than that, keep winning until 2015, maybe Miocic or the winner of Mir vs Overeem while Cain beats Werdum and/or loses to Barnett.
12/22/13 12:58 PM
Gfropr
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Beat Roy Nelson Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 1:11 PM
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much

I can see Overeem winning and having him fight Hunt. If Hunt wins that fight, they might give him a shot but my guess is he will need to win 2 fights.
12/22/13 1:24 PM
CGJiuJitsu
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

With Hunts amazing resurgence and his fighting heart and attitude, I'd be happy to see him get a title shot with a solid win against a ranked opponent.

Also, the excitement of seeing him KO the champ would be ground breaking and offer some of the best "one word answer" interviews, ever. Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 1:25 PM
jmont

needs a win then a win against a top 5 hw Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 1:30 PM
ProctorMMA
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

With the division the way it is and Hunt's fan friendly style I'd say two fights at the most.
12/22/13 1:39 PM
da Vinci 81
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Slade Wilson AKA Deathstroke -

Well, he's coming off a loss and a draw.  I think he needs to win at least two straight fights to earn it.  Sadly, Cain is going to clean out the division most likely.

This.

And hunt will always be a tough sell just because of how limited his ground game is. Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 1:44 PM
Samoa
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He needs two wins over Top 10 opponents.

Cain is a nightmare opponent. I've said this before Cain won the belt.

A wrestler with unlimited gas makes for a raping. Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 1:48 PM
Rahjai MD
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He needs to win a few over top 10 opponents and work his way up, just like every fighter in UFC.

12/22/13 1:55 PM
WeidmansPHD_in_G0atslaying_fr0m_h0fstra_U
285 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd rather see Hunt fight some other fighters.... leave the title fighting to the guys with years to spare. Hunt is here for the real fans of MMA, there's no reason to sacrifice his health by throwing him in there with Cain/JDS type.

12/22/13 2:00 PM
Samoa
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rambo John J -
Samoa - He needs two wins over Top 10 opponents.

Cain is a nightmare opponent. I've said this before Cain won the belt.

A wrestler with unlimited gas makes for a raping. Phone Post 3.0

It is quite nasty.

He could be overpowered by a balanced fighter of large size.

Verdum posseses that.

I do agree, Cain is a tough fight for any man he faces.  He overwhelms 90% of HWs within minutes.

He's an even worse mismatch for Hunt. Having a semi novice with a suspect gas tank on his back against Cain is pure disaster. Add in Hunt's ability to take a punch and huge heart............that is the recipe for an untastful rape scene. Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 2:08 PM
SpicyTaco20

Win Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 2:47 PM
Boobiemiles1986
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

one brutal KO..... Dana and Hunto will be like 

photo show-me-the-money-2-o_zpsbab3b942.gif
12/22/13 3:02 PM
duckhuntgangsta
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Warriormmd - Just because of how thin the division is seeming and how often changes are made, I think he may only need 1 good win. Definitely 2 at most. Phone Post 3.0
My thoughts. Everyone want to see him get one. Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 3:06 PM
TheHaunted2

Win

From a big hunt fan Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 3:12 PM
Phillysliced

He needed to beat jds Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 3:40 PM
jmont

Rambo John J -
WeidmansPHD_in_G0atslaying_fr0m_h0fstra_U - 

I'd rather see Hunt fight some other fighters.... leave the title fighting to the guys with years to spare. Hunt is here for the real fans of MMA, there's no reason to sacrifice his health by throwing him in there with Cain/JDS type.

VU But not because he cannot hang with JDS Cain just because Champs are doing TUF and wasting time between fights.

did you see the jds fight? if hunt wasn't such a warrior I mightve felt bad for him Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 3:55 PM
Brock Lobster
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would love to see Hunto fight for the title,I really don't think he has much of a chance though and that coming from a huge fan. Best of luck for when he eventually gets there though. Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 4:00 PM
absolutesperry
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hunt did fight JDS with a broken big toe. His performance would have been better.

I'd rather see that rematch over Bigfoot. Which Hunt performed well with two broken Hands.

Before this I want to see Hunt KO Big Country! Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 5:04 PM
duckhuntgangsta

Phillysliced - He needed to beat jds Phone Post 3.0
Nah, that fight happened. JDS needs to beat a wrestler which the HW div is short on.

JDS has a long road back to the title. Few other will fight before JDS. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.