UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> How long will Rousey's reign last?

12/26/13 12:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Deathmonger
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People forgot already, that Rhonda was pushing for a fight with Cyborg at 145 back in Strikeforce, and Cyborg wanted no part of it then. She was offered TOP nutritionist and trainers to make 135 in the UFC, and wanted NO part of it. They offered to fatten her paycheck, and the excuses started rolling. Cyborg does NOT want to step in against Rousey. Read up.
12/26/13 12:26 PM
BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Deathmonger - People forgot already, that Rhonda was pushing for a fight with Cyborg at 145 back in Strikeforce, and Cyborg wanted no part of it then. She was offered TOP nutritionist and trainers to make 135 in the UFC, and wanted NO part of it. They offered to fatten her paycheck, and the excuses started rolling. Cyborg does NOT want to step in against Rousey. Read up.

Hi Rhonda!

12/26/13 1:25 PM
THE_REAL_AMERICAN
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Deathmonger - People forgot already, that Rhonda was pushing for a fight with Cyborg at 145 back in Strikeforce, and Cyborg wanted no part of it then. She was offered TOP nutritionist and trainers to make 135 in the UFC, and wanted NO part of it. They offered to fatten her paycheck, and the excuses started rolling. Cyborg does NOT want to step in against Rousey. Read up.

Ha ha.. Rhonda, why haven't you pushed for a 145 fight in the UFC or a catch. You were given a belt ( very close to being choked out in a simple choke). You want no part of Cyborg.

If i were Tate, i would have insisted on having a clause in the fight contract that when Rhonda is defeated.. she doesn't get paid if she storms out of the cage before Tate's hand is raised.. She will get beat, and run out like Forrest.
12/26/13 3:14 PM
Deathmonger

I don;t give Miesha much of a chance at all(maybe 5-10% at most). And I DO like Miesha tate. She rubbed Rhonda the wrong way in the first fight buildup, but Caraway is a piece of garbage that most people won't get past. Cat Zingano might be able to pull off the win against Rhonda, if she work's on keeping it standing.
12/26/13 3:36 PM
kevsh
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not to nitpick but "key roles" in two major motion films is a bit of a stretch.

She's billed behind about 15 people in the Expendables 3 and expect she'll get about 2 minutes of screen time. She's billed even lower in Fast & Furious 29.5.

So no, she's not taking Hollywood by storm any more than Gina did - and at least Carano had a starring role.
12/26/13 3:54 PM
wasssp

Most people I've spoken to suspect Rousey's reign on the top will be short like leprechauns.

And that Misha will beat that ass quick-fast ... like Ramadan.
12/26/13 4:09 PM
mcq
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know but I grudgingly now see her antics differently and respect her a bit more. Phone Post 3.0
12/26/13 6:55 PM
Deathmonger

FinestScotch - Getting opponents who are 1-2 in their last 3 surely won't hurt her reign

True, but she was SUPPOSED to fight an undefeated Cat Zingano, until her knee went. Rhonda didn;t pick Cat's susbstitute, and if she had ANY say at all, Tate would not have made the list. In Tate's defense, her two losses were a VERY CLOSE fight against an undefeated Zingano, and to Rhonda herself.

12/26/13 7:06 PM
Deathmonger

mcq - I don't know but I grudgingly now see her antics differently and respect her a bit more. Phone Post 3.0

Agreed, I like the whole "Keeping it real" thing she has going on, by trying to do the right thing... Example, It's more important to check on her team's fighters after a fight, than it is to smile in the camera, and play "pretty", but she was still a little too hot tempered on the show. Miesha should smile and be happy for her team winning a fight, but Rhonda took that WAAAAY out of proportion, in saying that Tate was laughing at Rousey's loss.
12/26/13 7:08 PM
BigTedBear
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There are a few girls in the next year or so that could give Rhonda some trouble the cat fight would have been good. I would imagine the bigger question is how long will she keep fighting if the movie rolls keep coming. Phone Post 3.0
12/26/13 8:21 PM
scaredy cat
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holly Holm will beat Rousey and then Rousey will pull a Carano and quit to become a movie "star".
12/26/13 8:26 PM
FOX Force Five
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

scaredy cat - Holly Holm will beat Rousey and then Rousey will pull a Carano and quit to become a movie "star".

If Ronda is still champ in her mid 30's and has a 2 year lay-off, she'll fit the profile of a Holm opponent pretty well.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.