UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Cyborg is coming for Rhonda

12/29/13 4:42 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BertR - Ronda should fight a catch-weight with Cyborg at 145 but Dana wouldn't allow that unless Ronda put her foot down. One of the purposes of female mma right now in the UFC is to have a pretty girl as it's face that regular girls can identify with

I wonder also how much of it is Ronda liking being protected from from fighting Cyborg.

Why should she go up in weight to fight someone who can make 135 but won't because she is attached to her muscle?

Makes no sense to have that fight at 145 from a business point of view or on principle. You don't reward cheaters.
12/29/13 4:43 PM
JudoBJJKid

I'd like to see Cyborg X Clay Guida or Cyborg X Mark Hominick.
12/29/13 4:43 PM
SRTGEO

Trying to be relevent. Too bad Tito let that boat sail.

The only thing that juicer is going after are more needles to shove in her ass. Phone Post 3.0
12/29/13 4:44 PM
Jiujitsushi

If Honda and Cyborg ever fight, Cyborg will manhandle her.
12/29/13 4:44 PM
Mojo514

cris 'steroid' needs to either cut down to 135 or shut the fuck up, its gettin old, n apparently she cant cut down that much, in that case she really needs to shut the fuck up
12/29/13 4:49 PM
BJ Penn is Irish
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Before this fight, I had said Cyborg's aggression would get her thrown and submitted. But after seeing Tate tag her a few times the way she did, I think Cyborg would KO/TKO her. She needs to come down to 135 or quit talking though. In any event, it is THE fight in WMMA right now. Let's hope it happens! Phone Post 3.0
12/29/13 4:56 PM
Silverball
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So many excuses and defensiveness in this thread. If the UFC wanted to make this fight at any weight, then they could do it. They had an over the hill boxer with no MMA experience fight a former two division UFC champion (still top ten ranked)...anything is possible. Phone Post 3.0
12/29/13 4:56 PM
UGCTT_Abli83

Unless cyborg is specifically working in cutting down to 135 it's baseless crap. I would lie to see that fight but why talk about it if she isn't close to the weight. Phone Post 3.0
12/29/13 4:59 PM
easedel

Why is she even tweeting about this.
She had her chance and completely blew it by being on the sauce. Screw her.
12/29/13 5:00 PM
Bucephalus

Edited: 12/29/13 5:01 PM
DiSmAnTLeR - The fight isn't even a possibility until cyborg drops weight or the ufc proposes a superfight. Phone Post 3.0

It will take more than that. The UFC isn't going to do her any favors. She can drop weight and sign a contract to fight at 135. Period. Single fight, hit and run title shots aren't going to fly.
12/29/13 5:02 PM
PeaceThroughStrength

She tested positive for PEDs gets stripped of her tittle than demands a catch weight fight with the champion because she wont try to make weight.Cyborg isn't in the UFC or the 135lbs division but she's coming for Rousey?
Do fans forget that she decided to leave the UFC before a single fight?

While Rousey is fighting inside the MGM Cyborg is fighting outside on Fremont street.
12/29/13 5:07 PM
onebaldegg

GarlicSauce - Reminds me of the UFC protecting their top stars from Fedor by regularly insulting Fedor and belittling him.

This!
12/29/13 5:14 PM
Tom2gunsWright

I definitely think cyborg can make 135 and she would destroy ronda but something is up Phone Post 3.0
12/29/13 5:14 PM
JudoBJJKid

Except Fedor was a true badass in his prime.
12/29/13 5:16 PM
SOO72

Cyborg should worry more about fighting off the ugly stick that keeps kicking her ass.
12/29/13 5:25 PM
onebaldegg

Dongbar13 - 
onebaldegg - You are right 2leftfeet. That's if she wants the UFC 135 belt. She has said on several occasions that she would fight RhonDuh at a catchweight just to see who is the better fighter. RhonDuh wants nothing to do with her. Why? Because RhonDuh has everything to lose and would lose. Cyborg can't make 135. That's why she went to an organization that did have a 145 class and won the belt there. She has a belt already. The real question that WE ALL want answered is "Who is the best female fighter in the world?" Right now according to ALL ranking (that are not UFC rankings and include fighters from all organizations) Cyborg is the higher ranked female fighter. In fact she is ranked #1. So your argument is silly because you could make a similar argument for Cyborg. Which is:

If RhonDuh wants to be the P4P women's #1 fighter, than step up and fight Cyborg at a weight that is makable for both. It's that simple.

See how that works 2leftfeet?

i can't find any p4p rankings that have guyborg #1 besides one that has not been updated since october.

http://espn.go.com/mma/rankings/_/class/womens-pound-for-pound

http://www.mmarising.com/rankings/womens-pound-for-pound-top-15/

http://www.tapology.com/rankings/33-current-best-pound-for-pound-female-mma-fighters

http://www.fightmatrix.com/mma-ranks/womens-pound-for-pound/

Here are a few for you. I agree with you that many sites have RhonDuh and Cyborg neck and neck.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/womens-pound-for-pound-mma-top-10

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mma-top-10-rankings-jessica-181838248--mma.html

It's just a shame we may never get this fight to happen. When this is the real women's fight that the fans want to see. I see the strengths breaking down like this. Anybody else see this play out differently?

Striking advantage: Cyborg. We have seen Cris maul fighters before. I am not sure that RhonDuh could weather the storm. Rousey's standup looked average at best against Tate at UFC168.

Grappling advantage: May have to go with RhonDuh on this one, because this is her bread and butter. Is Cyborg a black belt? I am not sure.

12/29/13 5:25 PM
BertR

This isn't complicated. Cyborg and Ronda are supposedly the two best female fighters in mma and there is a 20 pound difference between the two. Split the difference in a catchweight at 145 and have them fight it out.

If Ronda continues to win at 135 in the UFC all that means is she's the champion of the UFC 135 pound division. Not the best female fighter and not better than Cyborg. There is nothing special about staying at 135 pounds except it allows Dana to protect her since Cyborg isn't medically advised to cut to that weight. Until she fights Cyborg she will continue to be looked at as ducking her. At least Gina got in the cage with her knowing she was probably going to take the loss and she did.

I am a fan of Ronda. She get's a lot of hate because of her personality but im not put off by it and i admire what she's doing for female mma. At the same time, it's disingenuous for the UFC to make her out to be the best female fighter in the world when she hasn't faced Cyborg.
12/29/13 5:27 PM
onebaldegg

Pontious_Pilates - 
onebaldegg - You are right 2leftfeet. That's if she wants the UFC 135 belt. She has said on several occasions that she would fight RhonDuh at a catchweight just to see who is the better fighter. RhonDuh wants nothing to do with her. Why? Because RhonDuh has everything to lose and would lose. Cyborg can't make 135. That's why she went to an organization that did have a 145 class and won the belt there. She has a belt already. The real question that WE ALL want answered is "Who is the best female fighter in the world?" Right now according to ALL ranking (that are not UFC rankings and include fighters from all organizations) Cyborg is the higher ranked female fighter. In fact she is ranked #1. So your argument is silly because you could make a similar argument for Cyborg. Which is:

If RhonDuh wants to be the P4P women's #1 fighter, than step up and fight Cyborg at a weight that is makable for both. It's that simple.

See how that works 2leftfeet?
Who the hell is this guy? Jesus. Phone Post 3.0

Jesus would be a great guess. But no, I am a normal man like most of the people on here. My opinion just obviously doesn't jive with yours.
12/29/13 5:36 PM
JerodR
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's just bark to to try and grab a little attention. Cyborg isn't doing shit unless she can get to 135lbs and even then she can't handle Ronda's grappling or ground game. Phone Post 3.0
12/29/13 5:37 PM
NFABeeJay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Quite simple.

Make 135 and sign with the UFC. Everything else is stupid to talk about. The UFC has 2 WMMA weight classes neither are 145. That's just tough shit if you don't want to make the cut.

Of course the UFC is gonna side with their champion also, who wouldn't?

I would guarantee that if Cyborg would make 135 and quit playing games they would bring her in!

This is all on her NOT the UFC and especially not Honda. Phone Post 3.0
12/29/13 5:38 PM
BoxingIsDead

Move up five, move down five, its not hard to cut the difference. Zuffa doesn't want to make the fight, end of story. Ronda can continue to fight cans.
12/29/13 5:41 PM
onebaldegg

BertR - 
MentaL - 

the ufc offered to pay for dolce to get cyborg to 135,they also offered her a zuffa contract with all the perks and also fight in invicta whilst they sort shit out.. Tito declined it.

Thats, right.. they offered her a UFC contract whilst fighting outside of the UFC, amazing and imagine turning that down especially with insurance. Tito is dumb, fair play.

you're leaving out under doctor's advice that it'd be too dangerous for her to cut to 135.

There is nothing special about being 135 pounds. Ronda needs to fight a catchweight with Cyborg or she will rightly be followed with thoughts of her ducking that fight. It's absurd that 20 pounds is going to block a fight between the supposed two most dominant female fighters alive

THIS! BertR you are absolutely correct.

Seems that nobody remembers that the doctors told her it could be dangerous to her health and may affect her ability to have children. Last time I checked, those same dangers are not present when you go up 10 pounds in weigh to fight. Everybody keeps saying that she could make the weight if she stopped taking roids, stopped lifting weights, etc.

First, the roid she was popped for was a diuretic. Designed to cut weight. We never got the full story on her test. She never admitted it, so whether you believe her or not, there is no way to know the full truth. She may have been cheating the system or she may have taken a supplement that caused her to piss hot.

Secondly, since when did Mike Dolce become a physician? Oh course he would say that he could do the job and get her down, that's his gig. I would trust a doctor over Dolce everyday of the week when it comes to health.

Third, Dolce may get her down to make the weight, but who is to say se would have any strength left in her for a fight? Can anyone help and compile a record of Dolce fighter's once they made weight with his diet? Most of the time when I see Dolce walking someone up to the scale, they end up losing their big fight (Rampage, Lentz, Hendicks, Melendez, Sonnen). This would be a very interesting fight stat to see how effective this diet really is. Can I get any help on this?
12/29/13 5:43 PM
kevsh
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd just like to see the two of them work out a way they can fight. Ronda's clearly the best right now and the UFC can only offer her so many challengers.

Besides, Rousey comes off as a highly motivated athlete so I would think facing Cyborg would be something she'd be looking forward to. One way to prove that is to come out and publicly say "let's do this" and let the UFC, Tito and her handlers sort out the details.
12/29/13 5:45 PM
onebaldegg

MentaL - 
BertR - 
MentaL - 

the ufc offered to pay for dolce to get cyborg to 135,they also offered her a zuffa contract with all the perks and also fight in invicta whilst they sort shit out.. Tito declined it.

Thats, right.. they offered her a UFC contract whilst fighting outside of the UFC, amazing and imagine turning that down especially with insurance. Tito is dumb, fair play.

you're leaving out under doctor's advice that it'd be too dangerous for her to cut to 135.

There is nothing special about being 135 pounds. Ronda needs to fight a catchweight with Cyborg or she will rightly be followed with thoughts of her ducking that fight. It's absurd that 20 pounds is going to block a fight between the supposed two most dominant female fighters alive

these sames doctors that would say that jon jones couldnt make 205, they can and do. For 1 doctor that says its bad 9 will say its fine under supervision. At the end of the day , women are not ment to hold muscle mass, they are breeders. Myself, I see her as a professional cheat. There is a reason why men and women don't compete against each other. Also, there is a reason she has an adams apple and a super deep voice and ill give you a clue , its not because she has a pair of balls between her legs.

Wow Mental is a complete clueless idiot! Your comment is on par with your IQ. Perhaps you know so much about the "pair of balls between her legs" because the shaft attached to those balls is resting comfortably in your mouth! Please take it out your mouth and put it in your hands so you can no longer type your senseless crap in this forum!
12/29/13 5:45 PM
Oontyex

Watch out Mighty Mouse, Cain is coming for you ... he just needs you to accommodate him by moving up in weight Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.