UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rousey: Tate's handshake just for cameras

1/8/14 11:50 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1069 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Ronda Rousey received a lot of flak from the fans and media for refusing to shake Miesha Tate's hand after defeating her at UFC 168, however Rousey believes the handshake was just Tate trying to look good on camera:

"I really think that if me and her fought alone in her gym if there weren't people there watching, she wouldn't have offered her hand to me," Rousey said at a Wednesday media luncheon. "Her actions were entirely influenced by being watched. My actions were all despite being watched."

The way Rousey saw it, because her gut instinct was to refuse the handshake, if she had gone ahead and shook hands anyway, she would not be true to herself or her camp.

"It's not a fakeable moment and it was entirely the right thing to do because I didn't think about it," Rousey said. "It was immediate. It was just like, ‘nope.' Maybe if I took the time to think about it I would have changed my mind, but then it would have been the wrong decision, because it would have meant that my first inclination, I mean, I had that for a reason."

read entire article... 

1/9/14 12:01 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RoFu
197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh-boy.gif Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 12:02 AM
Genghis84
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She's right. Miesha didn't try to shake her hand after the first fight. Don't remember her congratulating Zingano either. It was all done for the cameras to make Miesha look like the bigger person.
1/9/14 12:03 AM
I LOVE DIAZ (no homo)

she's completely right , Tate is all about public perception, hence here cutesy "nickname". and her stupid cupcake robe.
1/9/14 12:05 AM
JJarvis_6

I went from loving rousey to kind of hating her to really respecting the hell out of her an really liking her a lot I mean who doesn't like someone as real as her an besides she's sexy as hell hell an a total badass Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 12:14 AM
evh
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rousey vs. the world is already such a tired storyline
1/9/14 12:20 AM
xXJayRobXx
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

evh - rousey vs. the world is already such a tired storyline
Agreed. She needs to helax. Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 12:22 AM
DirtehSneakehs

Such a interesting topic to discuss after they already fought. YAWN. What's up with TuF Brazil 3? Any news on that? Phone Post
1/9/14 12:26 AM
Lynchman
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes, unlike 95% of the fighters, her handshake offer was disingenuous.
1/9/14 12:38 AM
krash24

Internettufguy - Rousey is a dummy. Tate has tried to shake her hand after every fight since TUF started. Cameras or not, this obviously wasn't a spur of the moment "hey there's a camera" thing. She really needs to get over herself or it will look that much worse when Cyborg beats the living shit out of her. Eat some humble pie every now and again. Not a bad thing. Phone Post 3.0

Every fight since TUF? Wow, Misha must be real!!!

Oh wait, she is a camera whore. She hates Ronda, the handshake was as fake as her "boyfriend".
1/9/14 12:45 AM
DirtehSneakehs

krash24 -
Internettufguy - Rousey is a dummy. Tate has tried to shake her hand after every fight since TUF started. Cameras or not, this obviously wasn't a spur of the moment "hey there's a camera" thing. She really needs to get over herself or it will look that much worse when Cyborg beats the living shit out of her. Eat some humble pie every now and again. Not a bad thing. Phone Post 3.0

Oh wait, she is a camera whore. She hates Ronda, the handshake was as fake as her "boyfriend".
I dun even know you, but you make me like Rhonda even less somehow, which is a shame because she is very talented but all that talent is being overshadowed by these stupid moments. Phone Post
1/9/14 12:46 AM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
448 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

God, who cares either way? Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 12:53 AM
krash24

Internettufguy - 
krash24 -

So, for the last eight fights or so, Miesha has tried to show sportsmanship when inside the cage, but she is fake. And her boyfriend is fake too. Interesting. You sir, are a retard. Phone Post 3.0

Finally, someone gets it!!! Where was her "sportsmanship" before TUF??? You sir, are a lemming.
1/9/14 12:54 AM
krash24

Internettufguy - 
krash24 -

So, for the last eight fights or so, Miesha has tried to show sportsmanship when inside the cage, but she is fake. And her boyfriend is fake too. Interesting. You sir, are a retard. Phone Post 3.0

Finally, someone gets it!!! Where was her "sportsmanship" before TUF??? You sir, are a lemming.
1/9/14 12:58 AM
JimmersonzGlove
479 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Make it stop please Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 1:04 AM
RyannVonDoom

Genghis84 - She's right. Miesha didn't try to shake her hand after the first fight. Don't remember her congratulating Zingano either. It was all done for the cameras to make Miesha look like the bigger person.
This Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 1:06 AM
Genghis84

Internettufguy - 
krash24 -

Yep. Miesha is really respectful.

Is that why Miesha said that she was winning the first fight up to the point that Ronda subbed her?

How about Ronda's first win doesn't prove anything other than she can arm bar people?

How about Miesha having the perfect game plan to neutralize Ronda, and it would have worked if she was less emotional?

How about Ronda having a lot of holes in her game, and she was going to exploit them?

How about Miesha saying that Ronda would break if it went past the 1st round?

Or Ronda being too scared to stand with her?

I'm sure I'm missing some other gems of hers. All dismissive of course.
1/9/14 1:10 AM
Genghis84

RyannVonDoom - 
Genghis84 - She's right. Miesha didn't try to shake her hand after the first fight. Don't remember her congratulating Zingano either. It was all done for the cameras to make Miesha look like the bigger person.
This Phone Post 3.0

Miesha did nothing but whine afterward about how she was winning before the "early stoppage", and how Winslow needs to be fired. Miesha also made a cringeworthy comment about Cat's knee injury being destiny, and proof that her and Ronda were fated to meet again. Cat was livid about that.
1/9/14 1:12 AM
Genghis84

krash24 - 
Internettufguy - 
krash24 -

Exactly. Why didn't she shake Ronda's hand after the first fight? Why didn't she congratulate Cat afterwards? Or was that before her recent personality makeover?
1/9/14 1:16 AM
gokudamus

Honda is the truth Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 2:27 AM
JBASS
220 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

krash24 -

Do you think Ronda would act like that if she were competing against someone she hated in the olympics? Would she tell them to go fuck themselves? Do you think her coaches would tell her opponent's coaches to go fuck themselves as well?

If anyone is the camera whore, it's Ronda. She is the one who is trying to be the center of the camera's viewfinder via her actions. Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 3:36 AM
Dead President
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I didn't think i would hate a fighter more than JBJ but she just just managed to edge him out. How she has any fans I'll never know... Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 3:43 AM
elliotc
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looking at the timing of the proffered handshake I completely agree with Ronda. Standing over the person who just dominated and submitted you thrusting your hand in their face is not a natural reaction. Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 3:47 AM
blakemp

RyannVonDoom - 
This Phone Post 3.0

Maybe you don't remember, but Miesha didn't tap in the first fight. Do you expect her to pop right up with a dislocated arm and shake Ronda's hand? And Miesha was really upset at that outrageous stoppage against Cat. I guess being a serious fan of anyone can kind of give you tunnel vision.
1/9/14 4:00 AM
brigsy
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Please can this just end. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.