UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> The COLLAPSE of the UFC's PPV Model

1/9/14 1:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steve4192 - It looks to me like they bottomed out in 2011 and are slowly working their way back up. Their buys/PPV have gone up from 405K in 2011 to 449K in 2012 to 473K in 2013. Call me crazy, but that looks like anything but a collapse.

Let's be honest. The whole Brock Lesnar phenomenon was an outlier and had very little to do with the UFC's marketing. Brock entered the company as a fully-formed PPV draw. If you take out Brock's PPV sales from 2008-2010, that peak would look very similar to the current PPV environment. The wouldn't be any talk of 'collapse'.

VU This is true, Brock is the one who came in already a star and blew PPV numbers up.  Take him out and the numbers are much closer to what they are now and what they were before Brock. 

1/9/14 1:04 PM
MMALOGIC

Haulport - 
MMALOGIC - 
kungfugrip - is it safe to say the ufc is making more money now then they did 5 years ago in non-ppv items?

The tv deal must bring in lots of money. All of these events bring in lots of gate money also. Add to this, the expansion overseas and other countries around the world.

The number of huge ppv events are less, but I'm guessing the bottom dollar is much higher

Finally, I dont see the ufc cutting corners or taking cheat ways to keep things going.

Zuffa has record total revenues in 2013.

Since Zuffa is a private company and all their deals are nothing more than PR releases you CONVENIENTLY can't prove what you are saying so please be quiet...

the same guy you use to cite your ppv numbers from will confirm that in 2013 Zuffa pulled record total revenues.

1/9/14 1:05 PM
FETT_GayFerPayNINJA

Haulport -
FETT_GayFerPayNINJA - Showing an increase year over year = COLAPSE!!!!

Mind bottling Phone Post 3.0

Did you ever answer what your age was on that other thread?
Relevance?

Your mental age is clear based on the fact that you admit obsessing over this topic and waiting on the edge of your computer chair to make this thread... Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 1:06 PM
FETT_GayFerPayNINJA

Haulport -
Steve4192 - "Zuffa has attempted to cover this PPV gap with their expansion into Brazil and worldwide and the difference between the FOX deal and the SPIKE deal but, at best, that is a wash "

Wat?

The move from Spike to FOX alone accounts for $65MM increase in broadcast revenue. That alone is worth two-million PPV buys. Their Globo deal in Brazil is worth another $60MM. That's another two-million PPV buys. Those two deals combined more than cover any drop in PPV sales from their 2010 peak, and that doesn't even take into account any of their other new broadcast deals.

What is the title of this thread? it is not the COLLAPSE of Zuffa it is the COLLAPSE of the UFC's PPV model......
Yes it is clearly collapsing given those year over year numbers...clearly. Phone Post 3.0
Haulport

MMALOGIC - 
Haulport - 
MMALOGIC - 
kungfugrip - is it safe to say the ufc is making more money now then they did 5 years ago in non-ppv items?

The tv deal must bring in lots of money. All of these events bring in lots of gate money also. Add to this, the expansion overseas and other countries around the world.

The number of huge ppv events are less, but I'm guessing the bottom dollar is much higher

Finally, I dont see the ufc cutting corners or taking cheat ways to keep things going.

Since Zuffa is a private company and all their deals are nothing more than PR releases you CONVENIENTLY can't prove what you are saying so please be quiet...

the same guy you use to cite your ppv numbers from will confirm that in 2013 Zuffa pulled record total revenues.

And he has zero proof of either. This is all conjecture but I doubt Zuffa would be lying (thru Meltzer) about such shitty PPV numbers...
MMALOGIC

Haulport - 
MMALOGIC - 

the same guy you cite your ppv numbers from will confirm that in 2013 Zuffa achieved record revenues.

RicGillespie

Haulport - Since Zuffa is a private company and all their deals are nothing more than PR releases you CONVENIENTLY can't prove what you are saying so please be quiet...

Says the moran that is quoting speculative numbers from MMA payout... El oh fucking el.... the iron board is heavy with ironing.
1/9/14 1:08 PM
Haulport

FETT_GayFerPayNINJA - 
Haulport -
FETT_GayFerPayNINJA - Showing an increase year over year = COLAPSE!!!!

Mind bottling Phone Post 3.0

Did you ever answer what your age was on that other thread?
Relevance?

Your mental age is clear based on the fact that you admit obsessing over this topic and waiting on the edge of your computer chair to make this thread... Phone Post 3.0

And yet you seem obsessed over ME.

You ever see Star Wars?

"Who is more the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him"

Obi Wan Kenobi

And I hope to God you are a teenager for your sake. That would make a little sense at least...
1/9/14 1:10 PM
Haulport

RicGillespie - 
Haulport - Since Zuffa is a private company and all their deals are nothing more than PR releases you CONVENIENTLY can't prove what you are saying so please be quiet...

Says the moran that is quoting speculative numbers from MMA payout... El oh fucking el.... the iron board is heavy with ironing.

Yes, name calling really makes you sound smarter. See my second response to MMALOGIC above to answer your extremely weak assumption...
1/9/14 1:10 PM
Card
1971 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/9/14 1:11 PM
Haulport

Card - 

Thank you Card : )
1/9/14 1:12 PM
Winston Wolf

the same UFC shills,interns and paid posters no suprise
1/9/14 1:13 PM
Haulport

Winston Wolf - the same UFC shills,interns and paid posters no suprise

Like I mentioned above: lay out some fly paper and you will catch some flies : )
1/9/14 1:28 PM
Haulport

Chris27 - 
Steve4192 - It looks to me like they bottomed out in 2011 and are slowly working their way back up. Their buys/PPV have gone up from 405K in 2011 to 449K in 2012 to 473K in 2013. Call me crazy, but that looks like anything but a collapse.

Let's be honest. The whole Brock Lesnar phenomenon was an outlier and had very little to do with the UFC's marketing. Brock entered the company as a fully-formed PPV draw. If you take out Brock's PPV sales from 2008-2010, that peak would look very similar to the current PPV environment. The wouldn't be any talk of 'collapse'.

VU This is true, Brock is the one who came in already a star and blew PPV numbers up.  Take him out and the numbers are much closer to what they are now and what they were before Brock. 

That doesn't miss the point completely at all
/sarcasm

An exciting GSP and Brock are what peaked the UFC but Zuffa has no interest in creating those kind of stars (as the WWE has done for decades) regardless of how poorly their PPV numbers and ratings are. Frank and Lorenzo are terrified of bettering their product and that resulting in stars they can't crush within a week. So they have taken to horizontal expansion to fill the gaps in their poor strategy.

With where they were in 2010 and then the fox deal following that the UFC should have revenues 3 times what they have now. The fact that they MAYBE have "record revenues" which are probably a hair above their 2010 revs is a total disaster and every member of Zuffa senior management knows this...
1/9/14 1:33 PM
Haulport

nobones - 
Haulport -
MMALOGIC - 
Haulport - 
MMALOGIC - 

And he has zero proof of either. This is all conjecture but I doubt Zuffa would be lying (thru Meltzer) about such shitty PPV numbers...
Meltzer doesn't get his numbers from Zuffa fool. He gets them from the PPV companies. He gets initial projections then adjusts them over and over as the real numbers come in.

Your thread makes no sense. You post a bunch of PPV numbers then you question your own source when it conveniences you? And this doesn't look like any sort of 'collapse'. This may be under performance from YOUR expectations but that is all. Zuffa seems to be doing much better than I thought with PPV. Having said that I am sure one day their cable PPV will cease to be their primary source of revenue. But they are already preparing for that day. Phone Post 3.0

Another Fly!

Namecalling is all you fellas seem to have up your sleeves. You don't know where Meltzer gets his numbers from. You just know what he says. And as far as using his numbers and then questioning them, that is just good reporting and logic. I seriously doubt the UFC would be releasing awesome gate numbers and then letting Meltzer tell everyone their PPV numbers suck and not correct him. So I am more inclined to believe bad news than good news when it comes to Zuffa disinformation.

If you can't understand that then I can't help you...
1/9/14 1:37 PM
Ray Elbe
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mmalogic dropping knowledge as usual Phone Post 3.0
1/9/14 1:38 PM
Steve4192
216 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haulport - 
nobones - 
Haulport -
MMALOGIC - 
Haulport - 
MMALOGIC - 

Meltzer doesn't get his numbers from Zuffa fool. He gets them from the PPV companies. He gets initial projections then adjusts them over and over as the real numbers come in.

Your thread makes no sense. You post a bunch of PPV numbers then you question your own source when it conveniences you? And this doesn't look like any sort of 'collapse'. This may be under performance from YOUR expectations but that is all. Zuffa seems to be doing much better than I thought with PPV. Having said that I am sure one day their cable PPV will cease to be their primary source of revenue. But they are already preparing for that day. Phone Post 3.0

Another Fly!

Namecalling is all you fellas seem to have up your sleeves. You don't know where Meltzer gets his numbers from. You just know what he says. And as far as using his numbers and then questioning them, that is just good reporting and logic. I seriously doubt the UFC would be releasing awesome gate numbers and then letting Meltzer tell everyone their PPV numbers suck and not correct him. So I am more inclined to believe bad news than good news when it comes to Zuffa disinformation.

If you can't understand that then I can't help you...

Melzer was reporting PPV numbers long before Zuffa even existed. Did SEG and the WWE also feed him PPV numbers? Or is it more likely that he has sources inside the PPV providers and uses then to get his numbers?
1/9/14 1:39 PM
Winston Wolf

same shills who i dont even need to name.They appear on any thread about UFCs numbers
1/9/14 1:40 PM
Chris27

Haulport - 

Like I mentioned above: lay out some fly paper and you will catch some flies : )

And that doesnt work both ways?  the same anti Zuffa trolls come out in any positive UFC thread. 

Stop pretending you two are any different. 

1/9/14 1:40 PM
Tad Ghostal
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pretty crazy that GSP brought in over 25% of all PPV buys last year (I'm sure he made 25% of the UFC's total PPV profit though, right?).

At least they'll have a good reason not to increase fighters pay now that their PPV model is collapsing.
1/9/14 1:56 PM
Haulport

Chris27 - 
Haulport - 

And that doesnt work both ways?  the same anti Zuffa trolls come out in any positive UFC thread. 

I am not a troll you are. You pretend to be an MMA fan but are a hardcore shill for the UFC.

I don't like the UFC. I don't hide that. I don't like their strategies and business practices and I don't hide that or deny it or try to make believe I am doing one thing while really doing something else. So how am I a troll?
1/9/14 1:56 PM
Haulport

Tad Ghostal - Pretty crazy that GSP brought in over 25% of all PPV buys last year (I'm sure he made 25% of the UFC's total PPV profit though, right?).

At least they'll have a good reason not to increase fighters pay now that their PPV model is collapsing.

LOL!!!!
1/9/14 1:58 PM
gokudamus stole my name iv

" they have received more marketing and widespread, mainstream attention in the past three years with the FOX deal then the company has ever seen before "

I feel like I've seen much less. The FOX deal has been disastrous in terms of viewers.
1/9/14 2:03 PM
Winston Wolf

Chris27 - 
Haulport - 

no i call it as I see it Lot of interns,paid posters and shills on all these threads.Im a big fan of UFC and think they doing a good job for the most part.Do I think I could do better ? Yes I do and am available for high paying jobs only
1/9/14 2:07 PM
Winston Wolf

lol Chris I didnt notice you until now being on the anti Bellator thread too But you gave yourself away

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.