UnderGround Forums

What if ... >> Hey Mods GET A LIFE !!!!

1/15/14 3:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
IronWill
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

devils advocate - have we ever been presented with a positive proof that kirik is not a female though Phone Post 3.0
You really do live up to your SN in every post, i applaud you. Phone Post 3.0
1/15/14 3:56 PM
IronWill

Boobiemiles1986 -
digthisbigcrux - 
dhughes - As a relatively new mod perhaps I can shed a bit of insight on a few points: 1) we do not get paid to moderate nor receive kick-backs of any kind, 2) we are not given any agenda as regards Zuffa or any other organization, 3) every mod is a different person, with a different set of sensibilities - not a collective borg with a unified outlook/mission. Hope that helps.

why is any reference to the book written by Dana's White mom scrubbed from the UG?

I'm not saying it's a great literary work, but it is odd that it's so taboo around here

we are not going to get any answers on our questions , no point in even trying anymore ... makes you wonder even more 

A better question is, why was the thread made ASKING why the original thread was deleted frozen?

No mod posted on it, but it was obviously seen and frozen. Phone Post 3.0
1/15/14 4:48 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
269 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Muscles82 -

Dhughes,

Thanks for responding to some questions. Respectfully, if I may, I'd like to get your two cents on 2 questions that get asked a lot around here but never seem to get any answers. A lot of people, myself included, tend to ask them in obscene and sarcastic ways. Since you seem to genuinely want to respond to us and care about the forum, I respectfully ask you the following 2 questions:

1) Why are there so many gratuitous spelling and grammatical errors in the UG Blog and UG News articles? Is there no editing process? Are they using an archaic web editor without spell-check? Is English a second or third language for some who post? It's very noticeable and many have complained and asked without any response.

2) While the "Zuffa Conspiracy" gets thrown around a lot here, one item which sort of feeds this is the existence of "news stories" like Assassin's Creed Black Flag is coming out and Brittany Palmer slow motion stuff. Selling advertising spots jn journalism is nothing new, but parading those advertisements around masked as actual journalistic news is not a widely accepted method. In fact it's rather slimy, to be honest. Why does the UG put items which are obviously marketing ploys and business deals in the News section?

Looking forward to your response Dhughes, and again thanks for your earlier replies. Phone Post 3.0

If I may try to address your second question, I think that is the reason they distinguish between UG Blog and UG News now. The Blog stuff is Assassin's Creed and Britney stuff while they try to keep real news on the news account.

I could be wrong. Phone Post 3.0
1/15/14 5:19 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
269 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Muscles82 - 
UGCTT_EnderTL - 
Muscles82 -

Dhughes,

Thanks for responding to some questions. Respectfully, if I may, I'd like to get your two cents on 2 questions that get asked a lot around here but never seem to get any answers. A lot of people, myself included, tend to ask them in obscene and sarcastic ways. Since you seem to genuinely want to respond to us and care about the forum, I respectfully ask you the following 2 questions:

1) Why are there so many gratuitous spelling and grammatical errors in the UG Blog and UG News articles? Is there no editing process? Are they using an archaic web editor without spell-check? Is English a second or third language for some who post? It's very noticeable and many have complained and asked without any response.

2) While the "Zuffa Conspiracy" gets thrown around a lot here, one item which sort of feeds this is the existence of "news stories" like Assassin's Creed Black Flag is coming out and Brittany Palmer slow motion stuff. Selling advertising spots jn journalism is nothing new, but parading those advertisements around masked as actual journalistic news is not a widely accepted method. In fact it's rather slimy, to be honest. Why does the UG put items which are obviously marketing ploys and business deals in the News section?

Looking forward to your response Dhughes, and again thanks for your earlier replies. Phone Post 3.0

If I may try to address your second question, I think that is the reason they distinguish between UG Blog and UG News now. The Blog stuff is Assassin's Creed and Britney stuff while they try to keep real news on the news account.

I could be wrong. Phone Post 3.0

Thanks for the response.  If that is it, then I guess my particular problem and where a lot of others might be coming from is that we access the site mostly via the mobile app.  So I click on "Latest", then "News."  In that section, which is entitled "News," there are mostly news articles but the Assasin's Flag and Brittney stuff still comes up here with no differentiation between them and the actual news articles.  I think they need to add another section to the "News, Videos, Galleries" options at the top of the app and put a blog, commentary, advertising, whatever you want to call it section in there.  The "news" section should be just that, news.  If this isn't feasible, there ought to be some way to distinguish the posts.  A different colored border, a tag, an imprint, etc. to distinguish the partner advertising posts from actual news articles would suffice.  It would go a long way in increasing the journalistic integrity of the site.

Thank you again for your response.

That occured to me after I made that post and I actually went to grab my laptop to see if it did distinguish between the two on a normal browser page, and it doesn't. I do understand your concern.

Personally I feel like the UG is becoming a lot more about business and less about the community. I feel as though this place used to be run in a way that bolstered the community and made people want to be a part of that. Now I feel as though there are a select few members hanging on and trying to salvage what was left of that community.

There are a lot of assholes on here who express their opinions and concerns in assholish ways, which is not good. But guess what.. this thread has replies from mutliple mods, whereas when someone politely asks about issues on the appropriate forum it recieves zero replies. And mods are wondering why people are questioning their motives and how much they actually care? I don't really know what we are expected to think...

1/15/14 6:23 PM
dhughes
473 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

@Muscles82, I think there exists some misunderstanding about the difference between moderators and admins on this site. I can't answer your question because none of that is a part of moderating. I don't know the first thing about the UG Blog or News posts other than what I've picked up from reading the forum over time.

My guess would be that there are a lot of news items coming in very fast and there is probably an attempt to post these stories as soon as they come out, leading to grammar errors as is common with everyone when typing fast. It's not like there is a huge team of editors or staff and the people that run this site most likely have other jobs, family, and the 10,000 this and thats which require their attention. Overall, it seems most issues are dealt with pretty quickly.

From what I have seen, moderators work extremely fast on this site - and again I should stress they do this without monetary gain and purely out of love for the site. As I said before, most of the good work that mods do will go unnoticed. If a mistake is made or something controversial happens, it will get a million times more attention than all the good things that are done every single day.

But again...moderators and admins are two very different things. I really couldn't tell you the first thing about the UG blog or news as it has nothing to do with moderating.

Thanks for the PM. It's never a problem responding to people like you and your message is well received/intended.
1/15/14 6:58 PM
dhughes
473 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

While I most definitely appreciate the thanks, I would offer that to the mods that have been around far longer than I and while I can understand some amount of criticism given that you pay for your account on here (as do I), I think the 1 through 4 points you made are off-base, from my own experience. Rather, attention is given to the errors but no one seems to pay much bother to all the good done by admins, mods, and everyone else. Truly, how much do these typos really hinder your experience here? Are they so bad that you are unable to understand the story? In the most recent instances I can think of where there may have been an incorrect fact, it has been corrected with a quickness. Given everything else that has to be done to run such a popular site, I can see why grammar and typos might not take top priority.

And look...I have nothing to gain one way or the other. Just offering some balance from my own experience and the little bit of perspective I see "behind the curtains." I think they do a great job across the board. Even if it were perfect, there will always be those that feel something is misrepresented or underrepresented. It's impossible to "win"; no matter what there will always be complaints. Making comparisons to other sites only holds so much weight...and there are easily twice as many disgruntled users on those sites as you find here. Difference is that people are allowed to express it here. According to some of you all this thread would have been deleted and without response.
1/15/14 7:10 PM
Malvert the Janitor
1089 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck it all! Phone Post 3.0
1/15/14 7:15 PM
BENNY_BLANCO_FROM_THE_BRONX1

My threads on Dana's mom tell-all books were deleted too. Cockfaggots Phone Post 3.0
1/15/14 7:19 PM
sockeye
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is Kiriks forums and he can do ......whatever the F*UCK he wants!

-Kirik Shill Phone Post 3.0
1/15/14 7:19 PM

IronWill -
Boobiemiles1986 -
digthisbigcrux - 
dhughes - As a relatively new mod perhaps I can shed a bit of insight on a few points: 1) we do not get paid to moderate nor receive kick-backs of any kind, 2) we are not given any agenda as regards Zuffa or any other organization, 3) every mod is a different person, with a different set of sensibilities - not a collective borg with a unified outlook/mission. Hope that helps.

why is any reference to the book written by Dana's White mom scrubbed from the UG?

I'm not saying it's a great literary work, but it is odd that it's so taboo around here

we are not going to get any answers on our questions , no point in even trying anymore ... makes you wonder even more 

A better question is, why was the thread made ASKING why the original thread was deleted frozen?

No mod posted on it, but it was obviously seen and frozen. Phone Post 3.0
Yep Phone Post 3.0
1/15/14 7:50 PM
Triangle Choked
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

digthisbigcrux -

why is any reference to the book written by Dana White's mom scrubbed from the UG?

Why do I get homosexual adds popping up when I log in? Phone Post 3.0
1/15/14 8:43 PM
BreakALegAndy!

MrZipplokk -

The moron runs deep here. In 

It does now Phone Post 3.0
1/15/14 8:53 PM
klabo

Rambo John J -

Voted up sir Phone Post 3.0
1/15/14 8:58 PM
Zapruder
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik - 
Boobiemiles1986 - 

want to know a fun fact ... this is a forum board where people can share there opinions !!!! ever heard of that ??????? Stop deleting threads that have subjects about the Gsp/ UFC issue going on because your Nannys at Zuffa are going to put a extra quarter in your piggy bank .. Jesus christ what the hell are you guys doing ???  This is America afterall

While I appreciate your efforts in education me about the purpose of this "forum board" your remarks about ZUFFA nannys are off base. The hero story today until tonight's fight results went up was "St-Pierre: UFC monopoly is hurting the sport." If you could add something specific about your concerns, I will try to address them. But thus far, you are a little hard to follow, and offer little indication that there is anything worth following.

You arent going to consult with your team and get back to us after a week?
1/15/14 9:30 PM
Boobiemiles1986
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Malvert the Janitor - 
Fuck it all! Phone Post 3.0

i just  spit up my beer on the bar .., thanks Obama....... also VTFU 

1/15/14 9:39 PM
Zapruder
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dhughes - While I most definitely appreciate the thanks, I would offer that to the mods that have been around far longer than I and while I can understand some amount of criticism given that you pay for your account on here (as do I), I think the 1 through 4 points you made are off-base, from my own experience. Rather, attention is given to the errors but no one seems to pay much bother to all the good done by admins, mods, and everyone else. Truly, how much do these typos really hinder your experience here? Are they so bad that you are unable to understand the story? In the most recent instances I can think of where there may have been an incorrect fact, it has been corrected with a quickness. Given everything else that has to be done to run such a popular site, I can see why grammar and typos might not take top priority.

And look...I have nothing to gain one way or the other. Just offering some balance from my own experience and the little bit of perspective I see "behind the curtains." I think they do a great job across the board. Even if it were perfect, there will always be those that feel something is misrepresented or underrepresented. It's impossible to "win"; no matter what there will always be complaints. Making comparisons to other sites only holds so much weight...and there are easily twice as many disgruntled users on those sites as you find here. Difference is that people are allowed to express it here. According to some of you all this thread would have been deleted and without response.

Bullshido laughs at you pussies
1/15/14 10:19 PM
Kirik
2036 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor
Boobiemiles1986 - 
Kirik - 
Boobiemiles1986 - 

want to know a fun fact ... this is a forum board where people can share there opinions !!!! ever heard of that ??????? Stop deleting threads that have subjects about the Gsp/ UFC issue going on because your Nannys at Zuffa are going to put a extra quarter in your piggy bank .. Jesus christ what the hell are you guys doing ???  This is America afterall

While I appreciate your efforts in education me about the purpose of this "forum board" your remarks about ZUFFA nannys are off base. The hero story today until tonight's fight results went up was "St-Pierre: UFC monopoly is hurting the sport." If you could add something specific about your concerns, I will try to address them. But thus far, you are a little hard to follow, and offer little indication that there is anything worth following.

why are threads being deleted then? and its only threads that are on the subject that has to do with what i stated ...

What threads?  No one is trying to hide it. There are at least three pieces in the OG Blog on it. Maybe someone started a thread and they had all their threads deleted, and that one dissapeared.

But there is no attempt to hide what GSP is discussing - it was the hero story today, the most prominent part of the entire UG.

1/15/14 10:28 PM
digthisbigcrux
315 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik -
Boobiemiles1986 - 
Kirik - 
Boobiemiles1986 - 

why are threads being deleted then? and its only threads that are on the subject that has to do with what i stated ...

What threads?  No one is trying to hide it. There are at least three pieces in the OG Blog on it. Maybe someone started a thread and they had all their threads deleted, and that one dissapeared.

But there is no attempt to hide what GSP is discussing - it was the hero story today, the most prominent part of the entire UG.

ahem..... sir Phone Post 3.0
1/15/14 10:37 PM

Kirik -
Boobiemiles1986 - 
Kirik - 
Boobiemiles1986 - 

What about the thread on Dana's mom tell all in which I was trying to see if any of the hardcores here thought it was worth my $. Phone Post 3.0
1/15/14 10:41 PM
Boobiemiles1986
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik - 
Boobiemiles1986 - 
Kirik - 
Boobiemiles1986 - 

so you delete other members threads then re start them as UG Blog threads .... Wow you dont see a problem with that ? 

1/15/14 11:35 PM
sockeye
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Funny OP titles his thread ...GET A LIFE!!" but yet he is on web forum whining about his threads being deleted lol
1/15/14 11:40 PM
ChaosOverkill
737 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/15/14 11:40 PM

They deleted their own Blog's Mike Easton Supports TLI thread after it was a page of middle fingers in word form, gives you an idea of the control going on.

1/15/14 11:52 PM
Boobiemiles1986

sockeye - Funny OP titles his thread ...GET A LIFE!!" but yet he is on web forum whining about his threads being deleted lol

FUNNY right??!?!? did you read before you post there not even my threads .... maybe you should educate yourself  before you comment on this 

1/16/14 12:38 AM
sockeye

Boobiemiles1986 - 
sockeye - Funny OP titles his thread ...GET A LIFE!!" but yet he is on web forum whining about his threads being deleted lol

FUNNY right??!?!? did you read before you post there not even my threads .... maybe you should educate yourself  before you comment on this 

LOL so complaining about other peoples threads that got deleted  who more than likely don't care doesn't strengthen your argument, get a life sir

1/16/14 12:41 AM
DasKugs
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheLumberjackLisi -
Let me bang bro - chips

yes please
Chili Fritos....with that cheese dip in a can Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.