UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Teixeira hoping for first round KO of Jones

1/18/14 9:13 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1279 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Glover Teixeira earned a UFC light heavyweight title shot with an impressive 5-0 run with three first round stoppages, and hopes to win the title the same way.

Undefeated over the last 20 bouts, Teixeira promises to be ready to go five rounds against the light heavyweight kingpin on April 26 at the Baltimore Arena in Baltimore, Md.

"In a perfect world, I’ll win via first-round knockout," Teixeira told MMAFighting.com. "But I believe it’s going to be a tough fight. Jon Jones is an excellent fighter, so I expect a tough bout. I will be ready for five rounds. I was ready to go five rounds against Bader and will be ready now, so we’ll see who will leave the cage as the champion."

read entire article...

1/18/14 9:16 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
FEDORallDAY
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lmfao really? Phone Post 3.0
1/18/14 9:21 AM
DARTHHOGAN
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haha bush League UG blog Phone Post 3.0
1/18/14 9:22 AM
MrFluffyHippo
1799 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol Phone Post 3.0
1/18/14 9:25 AM
LyotoBundy
316 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy fuck. LOL. Phone Post 3.0
1/18/14 9:25 AM
Chris
393 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, COO

I'm confused. What's wrong with the piece?

1/18/14 9:35 AM
Chimp Strength
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glover Teixeira earned a UFC light heavyweight title shot with an impressive 5-0 run with three first round stoppages, without facing a single top 10 fighter, and hopes to win the title the same way. Phone Post 3.0
1/18/14 9:48 AM
ajjr0ller
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Bromovich -
Chris -

Picture of Feijao rather than Glover lol Phone Post
And the title says "hoping for first round ko" when he also said he was ready for 5 rounds in the interview. Phone Post 3.0
1/18/14 9:52 AM
danggook
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Bromovich -
Chris -

Picture of Feijao rather than Glover lol Phone Post
THATS intentional, it shows feijaos reaction to what glover said Phone Post 3.0
1/18/14 10:16 AM
Ministry of Truth
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chimp Strength - Glover Teixeira earned a UFC light heavyweight title shot with an impressive 5-0 run with three first round stoppages, without facing a single top 10 fighter, and hopes to win the title the same way. Phone Post 3.0

He hasn't had very impressive competition, but I'm pretty sure Bader is top 10.
1/18/14 10:32 AM
Chimp Strength
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ministry of Truth -
Chimp Strength - Glover Teixeira earned a UFC light heavyweight title shot with an impressive 5-0 run with three first round stoppages, without facing a single top 10 fighter, and hopes to win the title the same way. Phone Post 3.0

He's ranked at 10 now in a ranking that doesn't have Machida in the top ten. I can't remember whether Bader was 10 or not when they fought to be honest but, my point remains the same. Phone Post 3.0
1/18/14 10:40 AM
SpicyTaco20

Seriously Phone Post 3.0
1/18/14 10:50 AM
Elhoffo
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haha , well anything is possible. I'm not sure how possible this is but you never know in MMA. Phone Post 3.0
1/18/14 12:06 PM
DoomFarmer
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chimp Strength -
Ministry of Truth -

He's ranked at 10 now in a ranking that doesn't have Machida in the top ten. I can't remember whether Bader was 10 or not when they fought to be honest but, my point remains the same. Phone Post 3.0
What do you want Glover to do about it?

He can only fight who Zuffa gives him. Phone Post 3.0
1/18/14 12:11 PM
Chimp Strength

Who said I wanted him to do something about it? Phone Post 3.0
1/18/14 12:23 PM
KZTT_FawkingxD
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't wait for this fight! Glover has great TDD defense, so I can't wait to see if John can take him down.

Not sure how glover will deal with Jon's height and reach ether. Really exciting fight. Hopeful Jon can get him down and end it tko or sub. !!

War bones!! Phone Post 3.0
1/18/14 12:47 PM
The Acorn
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I feel like this would be his best chance. Exert full energy in the first, and hope for the ko. ala k1 bob sapp Phone Post 3.0
1/18/14 12:49 PM
Kid Charlemagne
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Beans going for the knockout! Classic UG blog Phone Post 3.0
1/18/14 12:59 PM
EddiePain420

Edited: 01/18/14 12:59 PM
Chimp Strength - 
Ministry of Truth -

rampage was ranked like #8 when they fought
1/18/14 1:32 PM
UGCTT Jobe Watson's Original Butler
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chimp Strength -
Ministry of Truth -

Maybe Machida isn't ranked top 10 because he moved to MW. Phone Post 3.0
1/18/14 1:37 PM
jasonhightower
331 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/18/14 1:54 PM
Chimp Strength

UGCTT Jobe Watson's Original Butler -
Chimp Strength -
Ministry of Truth -

Maybe Machida isn't ranked top 10 because he moved to MW. Phone Post 3.0
You're missing the point that he was ranked when Glover fought Bader, which in turn would drop Bader a position. Phone Post 3.0
1/18/14 10:23 PM
NKcell

glover is the real deal.

1/18/14 10:42 PM
Anthomis

Hopefully he wins via KO because that will mean I just made a shit ton of money.

I've been on the Glover train for a while now, I like Jones. But I have a feeling Glover is gonna shock the world. Phone Post 3.0
1/18/14 11:02 PM
FCM

Texeira can't win this fight, Jones can only lose it. Its Jones' easiest fight in a while.

Glover has little more than a punchers chance.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.