UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Steven Seagal

1/18/14 10:37 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bucephalus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/18/14 10:37 PM

I haven't seen or heard from Seagal since just before the Weidman fight. Is Anderson still getting coached by him? I can't tell if Anderson was quietly mocking him or respected him so much that his friends and coaches advised him to keep his distance.

But for as goofy as Seagal is.. he is a legit martial arts master. The guy has a lot of personal power and a knack for going straight to the top.

He decides to do Aikido.. next thing you know he is 7th dan and the first westerner to operate an Aikido dojo in Japan.

He decides to make movies.. next thing you know he is a multi-million dollar action star.

He decides to play music.. next thing you know he is touring internationally and doing duets with Stevie Wonder.

He decides to be a Buddhist.. next thing you know a world-renowned master proclaims that he is the reincarnation of Chungdrag Dorje, a 17th-century treasure revealer.

He visits Russia.. next thing you know he is pals with Vladimir Putin.

He decides to coach a couple of MMA fighters... next thing you know they are more famous than ever and KOing opponents with kicks that they insist he helped them perfect.

He can be the biggest douche in existence but it doesn't change the fact that he has a certain something... and whatever it is... it helped Anderson when he was coaching him.

1/18/14 11:21 PM
97B_96B
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/18/14 11:34 PM

"Above the Law" was the shit.

He took martial arts in movies to heights not seen since Bruce Lee.

He's also in Arizona working with Sheriff Joe.  

Overall, a very successful, charismatic dude.

He's probably forgotten more authentic martial arts moves than most people know.

He's a little mystical and spaced-out at times, but he probably meditates a lot.

I bet he could mess up a lot of people in a street fight, even at 60.

I think he lost a few people when he was sporting those doofy-ass yellow shades and thanking Ariel Helwani for Silva and Machida's wins.  That was a little over the top.

I know, I know.  It's not BJJ and Muay Thai so it's not legit.  Be real.  Fights don't always go down in a padded ring with gloves and back and forth dueling.  Sometimes it's close in, on concrete and straight forward and through people in a few seconds... 

Oh, yeah.  I almost forgot...the Blues.  Seagal is King of the Delta Blues...

Plus, he was a chef in that one movie.  A Special Ops warrior busted down to Short-Order Pastry Chef aboard the USS Harry Truman.

J-sus Chr-st, what hasn't he done? 

1/19/14 12:07 AM
frederic
651 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson's lack of training with him is correlated with his losses. Just saying. Phone Post 3.0
1/19/14 2:52 AM
Bucephalus

frederic - Anderson's lack of training with him is correlated with his losses. Just saying. Phone Post 3.0

I thought the same thing. It was just before Anderson's first loss ever in the UFC that I last saw Seagal in association with him. Seagal didn't coach him for Weidman 1 or 2.
1/19/14 3:06 AM
Ringworm74
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rambo John J -

Friday-Dopamine-Dump-23

Nice Phone Post 3.0
1/19/14 10:41 AM
97B_96B
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/19/14 10:47 AM
Oops... Comment below...
1/19/14 10:49 AM
ranier wolfcastle
933 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

f segal
1/19/14 10:52 AM
97B_96B

MMA Lives Here - 
Rambo John J -

Steven Segal did an amazing reggae song.

Haha I made it 30 seconds in Phone Post 3.0

Congrats!

I didn't even make it that far.

And thank you!  

After 25 years of searching, I've finally found a song worse than this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvcGcbmStKE

1/19/14 11:00 AM
97B_96B

ranier wolfcastle -  f segal

Ha, ha!

Awesome!

I like the dog jumps.

That cat's got the moves...

1/19/14 11:00 AM
97B_96B

Edited: 01/19/14 11:03 AM
Where's the delete button? 
1/19/14 11:06 AM
StuGots
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I especially like how Judo Gene Lebell made him crap himself when he choked him out. Look it up-Awesome Phone Post 3.0
1/19/14 11:10 AM
ChaosOverkill
519 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ranier wolfcastle -  f segal

blown, mind is blown

1/19/14 2:46 PM
xcalibur411
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who's that gorgeous woman? Phone Post 3.0
1/19/14 3:15 PM
Loxly
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/19/14 3:53 PM
Bisping=Gatekeeper4Life
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Loxly -

Lmao Phone Post 3.0
1/19/14 5:25 PM
sekundarburnes

he's a repulsive, lying, pompous windbag, but he's done pretty well for himself in life. i hope the mafia stories about him are true, it fits him so perfectly
1/20/14 6:05 AM
HERTSWENIP
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Loxly - 

VU
1/20/14 6:29 AM
MrAntichrist
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Loxly -

This is one of the most incredible things I've ever seen.

I agree about Segal though. Just because he's famous for more than martial arts doesn't mean he's not legit. 7th Dan in any martial art is no fucking joke. He's a little out of touch with reality sometimes and I've heard (in no way am I accusing Segal of anything, just something I was told) that he is, or was, abusive toward his spouse at some point which wouldn't demonstrate the general attitude amongst martial artists. Regardless, he deserves a certain degree of respect. Phone Post 3.0
1/20/14 6:39 AM
LyotoBundy
313 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dude banged Kelly LeBrock in her prime too. I consider that his greatest achievement. Phone Post 3.0
1/20/14 6:44 AM
PermitMeFisticuffsBrother
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hate that Chia pet on his head.
I hate how he wears shooting glasses indoors, while not shooting.
I hate how he taught Anderson Silva "The Kick" which has no name - if I invented a kick I'd call it something awesome

in closing

I'm not a fan of him or his girly run

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkskuSXqUD0
1/20/14 6:52 AM
huggy bear

The voice vs Stephen Segeal is epic a must watch for anyone. Phone Post 3.0
1/20/14 8:19 AM
Kenso
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.