UnderGround Forums

What if ... >> What do you want fixed or improved on the UG?

1/23/14 7:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Vinnie G
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vinnie G - Kirik, on the main page of the mobile site in safari, you've got Tarec Saffedeine as the UFC welterweight champion. Might want to fix that. Phone Post 3.0
Barao is missing too. Phone Post 3.0
1/23/14 7:26 PM
cbia
283 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Auto archive feature for the OG. If a thread gets x amount of replies then it will automatically get saved. At one time, server space may have been an issue, if that is still the case then implement the same thing for the UG - x amount gets archived and if there isn't a post made to that thread in 6 months then it gets deleted.

I could probably find a "What DFW had for breakfast" thread that was made 5 years ago, but I can't search for some of the classics that were made on the OG because they are gone.
1/23/14 7:34 PM
CindyO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1) Can you make my screen name a different color on my end so my posts are easier to find?

2) Would love for there to be a way to mark the last post I read on a thread so when I return I can pick up where I left off instead of having to scan/reread to figure it out.

Cindy

1/23/14 7:35 PM
oioisavvy
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1.ability to access more sub forums.

2.as mentioned bookmarks would be great, on the never not funny pics thread I usually go to last page then work backwards, reading replies to pics I havent seen.

3.the ability to turn off viwwing gifs in the app, if Im in an area with bad reception gifs really slow down my browsing times. Phone Post
1/23/14 7:36 PM
Jimmi fixed my sn
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SC MMA MD - It would be nice to send and read PM's from the app, and a bookmark function (someone mentioned in another thread) so you can mark your place in longer threads Phone Post 3.0
This, tapatalk automatically takes you where you were in a thread Phone Post 3.0
1/23/14 7:38 PM
................hey yo

Chill with the sticky threads or at least leave them on the UG only.

Maybe realize that many of the members aren't here for MMA. Phone Post 3.0
1/23/14 7:40 PM
NONURINAUMANA
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man vs Net -
NONURINAUMANA - 
youhavetocallmenighthawk - every since the password changes, i can't subscribe to any threads from my phone... i reentered the password obviously, but for some reason it's not registering that i'm logged in with my new password. iPhone
Same. Links don't work and my sub list is empty. Logging in via web browser works normally though. What the fix for this? Change my new password to my old password? Reinstall the app?

One main thing I would like is a 'go to your last post' option when clicking on subscribed threads. Or simply, notifications if your thread post is quoted. Phone Post 3.0

If your password has any unusual characters like &,%,$, etc. that could be causing the subs issue...

Thank you I fixed it. Phone Post 3.0
1/23/14 7:40 PM
Team GDP
402 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

better search function. right now if i search i often get a service unavailable message. i would like it to not be limited to 100 or whatever it is. 

quote notification would be nice.

seeing what post is voted up/down

search function on the app

hire someone to run the ug blog. the constant errors and frankly the selection of what stories are put on the front page are ridiculous.

a function where we could request a thread be put on the news page (this may eliminate many of the times where the ug blog comes in 3 hours later and posts the exact same thread)

1/23/14 7:41 PM
Jason
292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Site Admin

I saw " Save images from the app" a handful of times.

In trying to maximize features we can add, maybe leave this out? When I want to save a picture from this app or any app on the phone that doesn't allow it. I just screen shot (press home and power button at the same time), then I go into photos app, edit it, drag square to be around the actual pic I want, and then call it a day. It works out well for me. 

I also saw mentioned something about threads being deleted after certain amount of time. Threads on the UG are not set to delete ever, and the OG threads are also now set that way about a month ago or so. They use to delete after 6 months of inactivity, but that isn't the case anymore.

1/23/14 7:43 PM
Festus
362 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cire - A FAQ forum on the app for reoccurring questions.

It could have sticky threads like how to post pics, links, rules, etc. Phone Post 3.0
Great idea...also make it like a general help board where can request any mod/admin help that mods and admins can check. Anything from name changes to problems with posting to requesting stickies/deletions. Phone Post 3.0
1/23/14 7:44 PM
4ozToFreedom
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A Next Page tab on the app Phone Post 3.0
1/23/14 7:44 PM
Jason
292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/23/14 7:44 PM
Cire - Mod control on app

Larger number of threads available on app Phone Post 3.0

I have talked about this before with   Kirik and the other modsbut it just doesn't make sense fiscally. There are 60,000+ users on daily, and MAYBE 30 of which are mods. It is a lot of programming to add these features just for 30 people.

1/23/14 7:45 PM
4ozToFreedom
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4ozToFreedom - A Next Page tab on the app Phone Post 3.0
For threads Phone Post 3.0
1/23/14 7:46 PM
MoomBah
394 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everytime we have one of these threads nothing gets fixed. I remember we had a big one a couple of months ago for feature requests for the app. What we got back was an app with stripped features, and a 2 minute refresh cache, lol.

I still love this site though.

1/23/14 7:47 PM
DirtyLickinsBrah
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I post mainly on android.

Maybe add poll voting

Allow to jump straight to ur last post when revisiting a thread therfore allowing to pick up reading new responses to the thread.

Notifications for when someone quotes ur post. Phone Post 3.0
1/23/14 7:49 PM
Jason

victorpoprock - 
MieshaTatesSideBoob - Quoting from app... Phone Post 3.0
I can quote from the app. Is this the iPhone app only that doesn't have quote function? Phone Post 3.0

Are you clicking the person's name in the thread? Do you possibly have an older version of the app? Quoting seems to work fine for everyone

1/23/14 7:50 PM
youhavetocallmenighthawk
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NONURINAUMANA - 
Man vs Net -
NONURINAUMANA - 
youhavetocallmenighthawk - every since the password changes, i can't subscribe to any threads from my phone... i reentered the password obviously, but for some reason it's not registering that i'm logged in with my new password. iPhone
Same. Links don't work and my sub list is empty. Logging in via web browser works normally though. What the fix for this? Change my new password to my old password? Reinstall the app?

One main thing I would like is a 'go to your last post' option when clicking on subscribed threads. Or simply, notifications if your thread post is quoted. Phone Post 3.0

If your password has any unusual characters like &,%,$, etc. that could be causing the subs issue...

Thank you I fixed it. Phone Post 3.0

yeah that fixed it. thanks.
1/23/14 7:53 PM
Luncha Libre
1138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik the break room is out of pretzels. Please restock the vending machine. Phone Post 3.0
1/23/14 7:53 PM
Luncha Libre
1138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik the break room is out of pretzels. Please restock the vending machine. Phone Post 3.0
1/23/14 7:54 PM
Jone2tone
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jason -

I saw " Save images from the app" a handful of times.

In trying to maximize features we can add, maybe leave this out? When I want to save a picture from this app or any app on the phone that doesn't allow it. I just screen shot (press home and power button at the same time), then I go into photos app, edit it, drag square to be around the actual pic I want, and then call it a day. It works out well for me. 

I also saw mentioned something about threads being deleted after certain amount of time. Threads on the UG are not set to delete ever, and the OG threads are also now set that way about a month ago or so. They use to delete after 6 months of inactivity, but that isn't the case anymore.

A much easier method for iPhone - click and hold on the picture, select copy.

Go into email, paste as the body of the message, email to yourself. Refresh, tap the picture, now you can save it. Phone Post 3.0
1/23/14 7:55 PM
Jason

The Principal - 1. PM on app.
2. Password reset (more account functions) on app.
3. App made specifically for iPad
4. Consistency in how you uphold forum rules ( banning).
5. MentaL banned (let him have to sign up again like the rest of us that got banned without warning and no response when emailed admin.) Phone Post 3.0

1. I think thats going to be one of the top features requested so it should be added.

2. this is a good idea

3. We have the UG blog app, and have been thinking about adding the forum to it, but not sure if that will happen.

4. I'd like to think we are very consistent.

5. I am pretty sure he will be banned after this settles down and security is on lock.

1/23/14 7:55 PM
ProudTibiaHomo
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik, don't know if it's been mentioned but I'm on the app and at least once a week I go into my subscriptions and they're someone else's there. Phone Post 3.0
1/23/14 7:58 PM
The Principal
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6. Ability to edit posts from app.

(Thanks for responses). Phone Post 3.0
1/23/14 8:06 PM
chrisbaker

After dark available on app Phone Post 3.0
1/23/14 8:06 PM
hingeunhinged
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

draculr - On the android app if im in a thread and accidently hit one of the bottom tab buttons (say the news tab) and then click back on the forum button it won't take me back to where I was in the thread, rather it takes me to the forum selection screen.

Pretty sure when I used the app on my iPhone it would take me back to exactly where I was in the thread when switching between tabs. Phone Post 3.0
This! Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.