UnderGround Forums

What if ... >> Ariel Helwani is done.

1/24/14 7:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ArthurKnoqOut
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Poindexter - 
ArthurKnoqOut -
Chomas - 
Jimmi fixed my sn - I will be pissed if true. Megan olivia is so horrible and i hate watching her interviews Phone Post 3.0
She has a real "I'm better than you" vibe, she's boring and reminds me of a Kardashian. Phone Post 3.0

yeah and she knows fuck all about the sport. She's nothing close to a journalist...shes' a replaceable pretty face at best.
Basically it seemed like Dana was into her, partied with her, and fast tracked her into covering the UFC. I don't mind her, but she doesn't compare to Helwani in terms of knowledge or love of the sport. Phone Post 3.0

I think I've read that on the Spot prior to leaving there. And, that's cool. Whoever licks his ass can get a job and all and I don't "mind" her on screen, either BUT, she's not a journalist. She's there asking incredibly generic questions that not a single respectable member on an MMA forum cares about IN MY OPINION.

1/24/14 8:00 PM
WeidmanBrokeTheLEGend
857 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ECWCock - Its funny, I've been looking for a source all afternoon, and still NOTHING.
Shouldnt you be doing rushfit? Phone Post 3.0
1/24/14 8:00 PM
Poindexter
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ArthurKnoqOut -
Poindexter - 
ArthurKnoqOut -
Chomas - 
Jimmi fixed my sn - I will be pissed if true. Megan olivia is so horrible and i hate watching her interviews Phone Post 3.0
She has a real "I'm better than you" vibe, she's boring and reminds me of a Kardashian. Phone Post 3.0

yeah and she knows fuck all about the sport. She's nothing close to a journalist...shes' a replaceable pretty face at best.
Basically it seemed like Dana was into her, partied with her, and fast tracked her into covering the UFC. I don't mind her, but she doesn't compare to Helwani in terms of knowledge or love of the sport. Phone Post 3.0

I think I've read that on the Spot prior to leaving there. And, that's cool. Whoever licks his ass can get a job and all and I don't "mind" her on screen, either BUT, she's not a journalist. She's there asking incredibly generic questions that not a single respectable member on an MMA forum cares about IN MY OPINION.

Agreed. Phone Post 3.0
1/24/14 8:02 PM
stainlesssteel
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the sad state of the UFC. Where fans debate journalists, not fighters.

1/24/14 8:23 PM
Kentpaul
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If they can black ball a brown nose like Helwani it just goes to show how petty and paranoid the UFC is and it also shows how small time they still are because the way they treat the press would not be tolerated by the main stream media if MMA was big time sport like the NFL, NBA or MLB are.
1/24/14 8:26 PM
NONURINAUMANA
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If true, and BLAF is denying it, then Dana is a cunt. And I like Dana and watch all his scrums, blogs and pressers. Yeah yeah I'm a drama queen and egg. Phone Post 3.0
1/24/14 9:09 PM
Morpheus1976

i remember one interview very well, with dana, it was the third interview about bob arum, dana exploded on arum, also dana got the interview removed from the internet.
1/25/14 7:31 AM
GarlicSauce

Cyboth - 
GarlicSauce -
StrikingMMA - 
Bummer for Ariel. He seemed like a nice guy.

Yeah when he was instigating and desperately trying to inflame hatred and animosity between fighters just so he could get more money, he was nice,
It's his job, would you rather have him sucking everyone's dick? Phone Post 3.0

His job? Maybe if he was Satan. Instigating and trying to get (otherwise nice) fighters to curse and hate each other is not his job.

If you think this is what journalism is supposed to be, you're mistaken. He's a tabloid schmuck.
1/25/14 9:33 AM
ArthurKnoqOut
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GarlicSauce - 
Cyboth - 
GarlicSauce -
StrikingMMA - 
Bummer for Ariel. He seemed like a nice guy.

Yeah when he was instigating and desperately trying to inflame hatred and animosity between fighters just so he could get more money, he was nice,
It's his job, would you rather have him sucking everyone's dick? Phone Post 3.0

His job? Maybe if he was Satan. Instigating and trying to get (otherwise nice) fighters to curse and hate each other is not his job.

If you think this is what journalism is supposed to be, you're mistaken. He's a tabloid schmuck.

if you think that's what Helwani is doing you're the schmuck...he asks real questions and is one of the few, on screen journalists who knows fuck all about the sport. Karyn Bryant couldn't be more stuttering and asking pathetic and stupid questions if she tried.
1/25/14 12:00 PM
rockafella

Poindexter - 
ArthurKnoqOut -
Chomas - 

She knows the sport pretty well. She has been covering it for a long time now. She is also dating Joe Jitsu so it's not like shes just a pretty face.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.