UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Benson: Pettis vs. Aldo is 'horse manure'

2/2/14 10:35 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Yesterday in a post-fight media scrum UFC President Dana White says that Jose Aldo is likely the next fight for lightweight champion Anthony Pettis. This would be the first time the UFC has put on a 'super fight' between two of its existing champions.

One person not too happy about the situation, former champion and number one contender Benson Henderson.

U gotta be kidding me?!...my mama taught me to be a better man n keep my mouth shut if I don't have anything nice to say, I'm out #UFC169

?Title shot drama...I'm goin on my honeymoon to forget about this horse manure...RT @DanielMadridMMA: @BensonHenderson what happened bro?

read official Twitter...

2/2/14 10:36 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MMAhaiku
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Salty. Phone Post 3.0
2/2/14 10:37 PM
TheEssence
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If by horse manure he means an exciting fight, he's right. Phone Post 3.0
2/2/14 10:38 PM
MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Benson seems like a cool dude, its hard to hate on him but he cant be serious. Everyone wants to see Aldo vs Pettis.

Benson arguably lost both Edgar fights and for sure lost to Melendez & Thomson. I had him losing 4/5 rds in both fights. It's obvious at this point Pettis is his kryptonite also.
2/2/14 10:39 PM
DeLishis
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Someone's got the booboo lip.

2/2/14 10:39 PM
Backdoorstabber
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasn't bj Penn lightweight champ when he fought gsp for welterweight belt Phone Post 3.0
2/2/14 10:43 PM
Grand master dave lang

Backdoorstabber - Wasn't bj Penn lightweight champ when he fought gsp for welterweight belt Phone Post 3.0
Yep Phone Post 3.0
2/2/14 10:45 PM
razrtyrone

Backdoorstabber - Wasn't bj Penn lightweight champ when he fought gsp for welterweight belt Phone Post 3.0
. Phone Post 3.0
2/2/14 10:46 PM
DeLishis
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Backdoorstabber - Wasn't bj Penn lightweight champ when he fought gsp for welterweight belt Phone Post 3.0

He was indeed.

Defending both titles would be a chore.

2/2/14 10:46 PM
crazydave
200 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/2/14 10:48 PM
pat barrys shorts
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Someone's butt hurt. Doesn't understand that they got owned twice by Pettis and there is no marketable 3rd fight between them Phone Post 3.0
2/2/14 10:57 PM
studiocamp
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So his mother taught him to be a better man and keep his mouth shut. . . for exactly 3 minutes, lol.
2/2/14 10:57 PM
Steven McTowelie
435 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did dana not make it clear that benson was not getting the shot last week? Phone Post 3.0
2/2/14 11:03 PM
shadysavagecameonmaiaface
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not only that, BJ didn't have to vacate his belt. Isn't Aldo going to have to do that last I heard? Phone Post 3.0
2/2/14 11:06 PM
Oontyex

Was do bummed out when Aldo v Pettis fell through last time.

Would be so pissed if 'snooze' got in the way of it. He's arguably lost but been gifted all of his recent wins other than Diaz, and has been finished by Pettis twice, that's not the guy that should be putting such an amazing fight on hold. Phone Post 3.0
2/2/14 11:07 PM
JOESONDO
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jotunblod -

champ vs champ for the first time ever as far as the ufc goes, right?

Of course it is, did you not read the OP by the Underground blog? Originally I thought BJ vs GSP 2 was the first time but now I know I was wrong. Phone Post 3.0
2/2/14 11:16 PM
Jeon Sa
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I came here to say this. It was a super fight of sorts. Phone Post 3.0
2/2/14 11:19 PM
NiteProwleR
1331 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aldo needs this. That division has been making for boring ass fights.
2/2/14 11:19 PM
MediumRareMistake
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JOESONDO -
Jotunblod -

champ vs champ for the first time ever as far as the ufc goes, right?

Of course it is, did you not read the OP by the Underground blog? Originally I thought BJ vs GSP 2 was the first time but now I know I was wrong. Phone Post 3.0
Yup Phone Post 3.0
2/2/14 11:22 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
480 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oontyex - Was do bummed out when Aldo v Pettis fell through last time.

Would be so pissed if 'snooze' got in the way of it. He's arguably lost but been gifted all of his recent wins other than Diaz, and has been finished by Pettis twice, that's not the guy that should be putting such an amazing fight on hold. Phone Post 3.0
Finished by Pettis twice? Tell me more about his recent gift wins. Only fights that were razor thin close were Edgar 2 and Thomson. Phone Post 3.0
2/2/14 11:24 PM
46and2degrees

Benson is boring and would get tooled again by Pettis. Phone Post 3.0
2/2/14 11:26 PM
Gullivers Travels
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aside from his boring win over Thomson, he lost twice to the current champ, once only 2 fights ago. What makes him think he deserves another shot?
2/2/14 11:28 PM
shaqitup
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't DAna already say Benson wasn't getting it?

Also aren't there already like 4 other #1 contenders at LW.
2/2/14 11:32 PM
Iben Jaqinov

I can't wait for that fight Phone Post 3.0
2/3/14 12:29 AM
MisterHawkeMMA

shadysavagecameonmaiaface - Not only that, BJ didn't have to vacate his belt. Isn't Aldo going to have to do that last I heard? Phone Post 3.0

155 was thin at that time in terms of contenders. 145 right now has a TON of great fighters who should be in line for a title shot. Mendes and Swanson have been long over due for a shot. You can't hold up that division. Keep in mind, the winner of Edgar and BJ will be right there, and then Porier and Zombie can't be more than 2 good wins from a shot either. That's a hell of a division right now.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.