UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Sonnen VS TRT Ban

2/28/14 8:22 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
WrestleFook
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought Chael HAD to have TRT because of hypogonadism (sp?)

Anyone else care to comment?

Surely then that's his career over with because he CAN'T come off TRT. Phone Post 3.0
2/28/14 10:13 AM
WrestleFook

How??? Phone Post 3.0
2/28/14 10:29 AM
epwar
597 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chael Sonnen and his cheating ways are why the whole TRT mess got started in the first place.  

2/28/14 1:12 PM
Mark Hunts Pet Monkey
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epwar -

Chael Sonnen and his cheating ways are why the whole TRT mess got started in the first place.  

So we have him to thank for the ban? God bless that gangsta. Phone Post 3.0
2/28/14 1:34 PM
WrestleFook

What I'm saying is, how can he fight at all now if he can't use it? Allegedly he would die if he didn't have it!!!

Can anyone explain or is everyone going to dodge this faster than Overeem dodging JDS??? Phone Post 3.0
3/2/14 3:07 AM
WrestleFook

TTT until someone can answer Phone Post 3.0
3/2/14 3:46 AM
youhavetocallmenighthawk
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He should fight wand, get maybe 1 more pay day and go to wwe, I like him, but he'll never be a champ in the UFC and can't possibly continue getting main events.

He could be an absolute star as a professional wrestler. He's promos would be gold Phone Post 3.0
3/2/14 3:55 AM
BobSherob
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kalt - It's not like Chael was winning before, with the TRT (except for that sui generis shogun incident, which is probably more explained by shogun not showing up than chael being an amazing fighter).

Chael will be happy to get $200k and lose 1 or 2 more times, even to vandy. It's not like their feud is real, i'll bet anyone that they'll shake hands after their fight and hug it out like nothing ever happened between them. Backyard BBQ time!

Vitor is a different story, he was #1 contender and extremely competitive. The loss of TRT will surely deprive him of that. Chael wasn't anywhere close to being #1 contender and just got his ass handed to him by Rashad.

But like I say, these guys should be able to take whatever they want. What happens to US soldiers who lost their testicles due to an IED and want to be professional MMA fighters? What about transgender fighters like Fallon Fox? What about guys born without testicles? Tough luck? Giving them an equal playing field is "cheating"? The anti-PED nazis are such moronic hypocrites.
I read this twice and am either missing your point or it's just not clearly defined enough for me to follow. Please provide the twitter version. Phone Post 3.0
3/2/14 4:04 AM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

kalt - It's not like Chael was winning before, with the TRT (except for that sui generis shogun incident, which is probably more explained by shogun not showing up than chael being an amazing fighter).

Chael will be happy to get $200k and lose 1 or 2 more times, even to vandy. It's not like their feud is real, i'll bet anyone that they'll shake hands after their fight and hug it out like nothing ever happened between them. Backyard BBQ time!

Vitor is a different story, he was #1 contender and extremely competitive. The loss of TRT will surely deprive him of that. Chael wasn't anywhere close to being #1 contender and just got his ass handed to him by Rashad.

But like I say, these guys should be able to take whatever they want. What happens to US soldiers who lost their testicles due to an IED and want to be professional MMA fighters? What about transgender fighters like Fallon Fox? What about guys born without testicles? Tough luck? Giving them an equal playing field is "cheating"? The anti-PED nazis are such moronic hypocrites.
I guess they won't be allowed to use trt. Oh well, can't be worse then not having any balls. I'm they'll get over it. Phone Post 3.0
3/2/14 4:06 AM
the CREamcatcher

The blood is on the hands of the NSAC.
3/2/14 4:12 AM
WrestleFook

What I read on this very forum is that Chael CANNOT produce test naturally any more. So how can he ever fight again, he needs it or will become female!!! Phone Post 3.0
3/2/14 4:16 AM
BobSherob
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kalt - Bob, I'm not gonna help people who can't comprehend more than 140 characters at once.
No probs. I'm gathering your point is you are against the ban and people should be able to take TRT if they get an exemption, because based on chael and vitor it makes no difference anyway?

Do we know what the ban actually relates to? TRT in general, certain TRT exemptions? Is the ban still only in Vegas? Phone Post 3.0
3/2/14 4:21 AM
attjack

With out TRT he will not do well. Phone Post 3.0
3/2/14 11:28 AM
victorpoprock
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WrestleFook - What I'm saying is, how can he fight at all now if he can't use it? Allegedly he would die if he didn't have it!!!

Can anyone explain or is everyone going to dodge this faster than Overeem dodging JDS??? Phone Post 3.0
Where do you people keep coming up with this?? Nobody said they would die if they stopped trt. Phone Post 3.0
3/2/14 11:41 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
559 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epwar -

Give Marquardt his due too lol Phone Post 3.0
3/2/14 12:08 PM
REDRUM_NYC

These fighters got some of you believing that they have 6 months left to live if they don't increase their testorene levels to the highest brim of "legal levels"

haha Phone Post 3.0
3/2/14 12:47 PM
attjack

What's his pre-TRT vs post TRT record? Phone Post 3.0
3/2/14 1:10 PM
DonFreedomFrye

victorpoprock - 
WrestleFook - What I'm saying is, how can he fight at all now if he can't use it? Allegedly he would die if he didn't have it!!!

Where do you people keep coming up with this?? Nobody said they would die if they stopped trt. Phone Post 3.0

Question: You won a therapeutic use exemption from the Nevada State Athletic Commission for this fight, acknowledging you need two injections a week of testosterone for medical reasons (hypogonadism). Can you explain this?

Sonnen: I don't have an option. I either take this medicine or die. I'm not asking if I can take it. It's up to them to let me take it. It's a substance that's often abused, and I deal with taking it in shame. But a blood test can clear you, and show I take the appropriate amount. I'm paying for the tests. I've taken four so far. And they'll do a day-before and morning-after test as well.

3/2/14 1:40 PM
theshooter
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chael should go to WWE or TNA.
3/8/14 4:26 AM
WrestleFook

DonFreedomFrye -
victorpoprock - 

Question: You won a therapeutic use exemption from the Nevada State Athletic Commission for this fight, acknowledging you need two injections a week of testosterone for medical reasons (hypogonadism). Can you explain this?

Sonnen: I don't have an option. I either take this medicine or die. I'm not asking if I can take it. It's up to them to let me take it. It's a substance that's often abused, and I deal with taking it in shame. But a blood test can clear you, and show I take the appropriate amount. I'm paying for the tests. I've taken four so far. And they'll do a day-before and morning-after test as well.

VU Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 5:58 AM
HexRei

WrestleFook - I thought Chael HAD to have TRT because of hypogonadism (sp?)

Anyone else care to comment?

Surely then that's his career over with because he CAN'T come off TRT. Phone Post 3.0

In practice, that is why ALL fighters who get TRT are prescribed it. Hypogonadism means your testes are not producing enough testosterone. If your gonads were producing enough test, there would be no reason to prescribe you TRT. There are ways to influence the test results and of course there are many reasons your testest might not be producing enough of the hormone (such as continual steroid use) but assuming Chael's doctor has been honest, (and I'm not convinced he is, actually, that dude is a clown, watch the video of his hearing with the NSAC) yes, Chael may have to have it for the rest of his life in order to have levels on par for a man his age.

That said, that's just too bad. He should find a profession where he can be free to use TRT because there's no regulation regarding it.
3/8/14 9:57 AM
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Um...Chael started taking TRT and then went on the run that got him his title shot in the first place. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.