UnderGround Forums >> Teddy Atlas: 'Mike Tyson’s a phony'

3/5/14 9:30 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Phil999
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JohnnyB1 - 
jacktripper - 
JohnnyB1 -

Here's a video of Mike coming up to him last year and apologizing to him for grabbing his niece's ass almost 30 years ago. He was man enough to look Teddy in the eye and say sorry I was wrong.

So someone apologized to you admitted they were wrong and you're still talkin shit. Fuck you Teddy.

So you'd forgive someone that raped an 11 yr old family member of yours because they looked you in the eye and apologized?

Tyson's a piece of shit Phone Post 3.0

He did not rape her. Do some more research before bullshit like that runs out of your mouth.

Tyson was 15 years old, Teddy's niece was 11 years old. Teddy was one of Tyson's trainers at the time. Tyson grabbed Teddy's niece's ass. Teddy was furious when he found out and pulled a gun on Mike. Teddy was then fired by Cus D'Amato.

He didn't rape her.

You are correct. Apparently he only groped her and threatened to rape her.

But jacktripper's point is also correct. Just because someone apologizes doesn't erase what happened.
3/5/14 9:46 AM
Kneeblock
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The redemption of Mike Tyson is one of the weirdest things I've witnessed in our society. People give him a pass because generally he's contrite about his past, but not about the most egregious sins he committed, particularly against women.

On this very board where every low income young black male is a thug or "deserves to be nuked from orbit," as one poster elegantly put it in a thread yesterday, Mike Tyson had a hard upbringing and deserves a second, third, fourth, infinite amount of chances.

I can only guess that it's because of nostalgia for the 80s when most people on here were coming up or sheer abject terror of Mike that allows this odd incongruence of opinion. Phone Post 3.0
3/5/14 9:58 AM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

Lol @ Teddy 'it's all about me' Atlas. Phone Post 3.0
3/5/14 10:16 AM
DonFrye_Fan

Phil999 -
JohnnyB1 - 
jacktripper - 
JohnnyB1 -

Here's a video of Mike coming up to him last year and apologizing to him for grabbing his niece's ass almost 30 years ago. He was man enough to look Teddy in the eye and say sorry I was wrong.

So someone apologized to you admitted they were wrong and you're still talkin shit. Fuck you Teddy.

So you'd forgive someone that raped an 11 yr old family member of yours because they looked you in the eye and apologized?

He did not rape her. Do some more research before bullshit like that runs out of your mouth.

Tyson was 15 years old, Teddy's niece was 11 years old. Teddy was one of Tyson's trainers at the time. Tyson grabbed Teddy's niece's ass. Teddy was furious when he found out and pulled a gun on Mike. Teddy was then fired by Cus D'Amato.

He didn't rape her.

You are correct. Apparently he only groped her and threatened to rape her.

But jacktripper's point is also correct. Just because someone apologizes doesn't erase what happened.
jacktripper is an idiot who spouted off a completely false statement. You agree with his statement? Phone Post 3.0
3/5/14 10:28 AM
Chest Rockwell
267 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kneeblock - The redemption of Mike Tyson is one of the weirdest things I've witnessed in our society. People give him a pass because generally he's contrite about his past, but not about the most egregious sins he committed, particularly against women.

On this very board where every low income young black male is a thug or "deserves to be nuked from orbit," as one poster elegantly put it in a thread yesterday, Mike Tyson had a hard upbringing and deserves a second, third, fourth, infinite amount of chances.

I can only guess that it's because of nostalgia for the 80s when most people on here were coming up or sheer abject terror of Mike that allows this odd incongruence of opinion. Phone Post 3.0
VU Phone Post 3.0
3/5/14 10:46 AM
thefightingsheep
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would bet that the statements about Tyson being phony have more to do with the revelations that he was using drugs before fights and scamming piss tests then about the incident with Teddy's niece. Grabbing a girl's ass might be creepy or bad, but it isn't "phony". Switching from bad guy to good guy personas and acting like fighting meant everything to him and that he would die in the ring while he was actually out partying is probably what set off this particular rant.

But I agree with people who don't like Atlas either. I think he's drunk his own Kool-Aid about him being good for the sport and good for his fighters.
3/5/14 11:01 AM
GelderdEnd

jacktripper -
JohnnyB1 -

You fucking arsehole....how far off the mark can you get Phone Post 3.0
3/5/14 11:03 AM
Throwin'Knuckles
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here is the story of Teddy pulling a gun on Tyson for the rape thing. I'm not saying it true or false. But I remember the espn thing.

http://sportstwo.com/threads/244463-After-putting-a-gun-to-Mike-Tyson-s-head-30-years-ago-Teddy-Atlas-ready-to-forgive
3/5/14 11:19 AM
Bobby Lupo
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kneeblock - The redemption of Mike Tyson is one of the weirdest things I've witnessed in our society. People give him a pass because generally he's contrite about his past, but not about the most egregious sins he committed, particularly against women.

Kirik said Tyson was "a beautiful soul". UGers are very impressionable and worship authority. 

Tyson was 10X the scumbag he admits to being in his dog and pony show image makeover tour. 

FWIW, he's also a massive racist. He fucking HATES white people. 

People want to like him because he's the bully of all bullies.. and now look at him happy and smiling. He'd never want to crush your testicles because your face annoyed him. Maybe the guy who used to beat you up changed too.

It's sick really. Tyson worship is a disease.

Fair warning, I can talk Tyson all day and I will vaporize any Tyson Jock Sniffers with facts

3/5/14 11:32 AM
thefightingsheep
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One thing I always found odd is that people always mention Tyson's tough upbringing more than they do any other fighter's. He had some rough times I'm sure, but that is almost standard fare for a pro boxer of any era. And he certainly didn't go through what someone like Johnny Tapia or Kassim Ouma had to deal with...not even close.

It is probably more remarkable that he spent most of his teen years in a mansion in the mountains, being pampered and made to feel that the world revolved around him. Plus he was getting first class career training before he would have been in high school There's almost as much to point to him being a spoiled, over-privileged kid as there is to paint him as a hard-luck case...well, at least compared to the life of the average full-time boxer.
3/5/14 11:34 AM
AristidesBrito
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bobby Lupo -
Kneeblock - The redemption of Mike Tyson is one of the weirdest things I've witnessed in our society. People give him a pass because generally he's contrite about his past, but not about the most egregious sins he committed, particularly against women.

Kirik said Tyson was "a beautiful soul". UGers are very impressionable and worship authority. 

Tyson was 10X the scumbag he admits to being in his dog and pony show image makeover tour. 

People want to like him because he's the bully of all bullies.. and now look at him happy and smiling. He'd never want to crush your testicles because your face annoyed him. Maybe the guy who used to beat you up changed too.

Fair warning, I can talk Tyson all day and I will vaporize any Tyson Jock Sniffers with facts

In Phone Post 3.0
3/5/14 11:52 AM
BlackJesus
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love me some Mike Tyson, I remember coming home frozen from cub scouts and watching him kick the shit out of Marvis Frazier in under 30sec and I was hooked. Mike wasn't a good person and he did a lot of bad things.
I think that Teddy was made that Cus took Mike's side, I also think that Teddy thought that when Cus died, or hung it up he was going  take over training Mike and not Kevin Rooney. In the end I think that Teddy is like Uncle Rico thinking about what might have been.
I think if Cus would have been 15 or 20 years younger he would have kept Mike away from Don King and  Mike would have turned out different

we would have seen some amazing things from him
3/5/14 12:19 PM
Maksemous

Edited: 03/05/14 12:22 PM
Mike was a 15 year old boy who grabbed a 12 year old girl's butt. That girl happened to be Teddy Atlas' sister in law. Teddy overreacted and pulled a gun on Mike.
3/5/14 12:27 PM
Bobby Lupo
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maksemous - Mike was a 15 year old boy who grabbed a 12 year old girl's butt. That girl happened to be Teddy Atlas' sister in law. Teddy overreacted and pulled a gun on Mike.

Mike Tyson at 15 was more of a man than 99% of the men in the world. Benched 300lbs at 12 yrs old. He was no child

3/5/14 12:34 PM
Bobby Lupo

Cus D'amato was a miserable old opportunist. He wasn't looking out for Tyson, he was taking his last shot at glory. He found a better Floyd Patterson that he could adopt and mold into a fighting machine to become an even younger HW champion. It was probably child abuse in a way. Cus let Tyson run wild and get away with crimes, didn't care if he learned anything outside of a boxing gym, treated him differently than the other boxers that stayed there and even above his coaching staff. 

Cus did nothing to make Tyson a better person. Everything was to make him a better fighter, for the sake of Cus' own ego. 

3/5/14 12:47 PM
Frank Mir Cat
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Teddy Atlas is fucking awesome, anytime I go for a run and I start to slow down, I here Teddy's voice screaming "HE'S MAKING A DEAL WITH HIMSELF" and I push a little harder.
3/5/14 12:51 PM
BigSleep
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well put. VU
3/5/14 12:56 PM
MisterHawkeMMA

Eskoe1 - What Mike to Teddy's niece is something you never forget.

I like Mike for what he did in boxing. Thats about it. Phone Post 3.0

What exactly did Mike do? The way I've always heard the story was that Mike touched her butt and offered her dick in the kitchen. Not in a forceful way, but as if he just assumed since he was the man, that she wanted to fuck him.

Of course that's ridiculously inappropriate. But I don't expect a 15 year old, especially with that background, to have mastered what is and isn't appropriate when it comes to sex.

It really does seem like what Atlas has been mad at all these years is losing his job over the incident. But to that I say, he should be a man and take responsibility for his own actions. He put a gun to a teenagers head. He should've not only lost his job but went to jail for that.
3/5/14 1:03 PM
Submissable
290 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Brotorious B.I.G - 
DoomFarmer -
The Brotorious B.I.G - 
Mayhem13 - Tyson was fucked up sexually from the start. Due to issues/circumstances involving his mother.

It kinda bled into his life all the way onto adulthood I believe. Dude has/had some issues in that department, and I honestly wouldn't be surprised at all if he seen nothing wrong with what he did, and was just joking around with a friend like he claims. Phone Post 3.0
"I woupdnt be surprised if he sees nothing wrong with what he did"

You have absolutly no idea what you are talking about. Please shut the fuck up Phone Post

This quote is awesome coming from a guy who just admitted that he didn't know who Teddy Atlas was in the first place.

Come on, guy.
I don't need to know who he is, i know Tyson enough Phone Post 3.0

This is hilarious. You have no idea who Teddy Atlas is or how he fits into Tysons life but you know Tyson so well you can comment on his mental health and the decision making of his past?
3/5/14 1:21 PM
MisterHawkeMMA

Bobby Lupo - 

Where are you getting your info? The one person Tyson loved most growing up was an old white man lol. That last line about facts is hilarious to me since you haven't even attempted to provide any facts yet.
3/5/14 2:18 PM
Bobby Lupo

MisterHawkeMMA - 
Bobby Lupo - 

Where are you getting your info? The one person Tyson loved most growing up was an old white man lol. That last line about facts is hilarious to me since you haven't even attempted to provide any facts yet.

Info coming from Mike Tyson. He laughs at your white faggorty

3/5/14 2:26 PM
Chappie
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Props to Luppo, he is spot on in his assessment of Tyson, Atlas and D'amato and is saving me the time and effort in trying to educate the ill informed Tyson fans on this forum. Phone Post 3.0
3/5/14 2:42 PM
DanCrase
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man, no one gives a fuck about Teddy Atlas; all of his fighters over the years have left him and spoke bad of him.  He's clearly a dick.  

3/5/14 2:43 PM
1a1
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yea Lupo really is right about Tyson, Atlas, and Cus. Boxing is a very shady business. You wont find too many upstanding citizens in that field.
3/5/14 2:53 PM
mikedudikoff

Bobby Lupo - 

Cus D'amato was a miserable old opportunist. He wasn't looking out for Tyson, he was taking his last shot at glory. He found a better Floyd Patterson that he could adopt and mold into a fighting machine to become an even younger HW champion. It was probably child abuse in a way. Cus let Tyson run wild and get away with crimes, didn't care if he learned anything outside of a boxing gym, treated him differently than the other boxers that stayed there and even above his coaching staff. 

Cus did nothing to make Tyson a better person. Everything was to make him a better fighter, for the sake of Cus' own ego. 

sure, he was an opportunist.

but, he took a kid from jail and turned him into a millionaire. Tyson would be dead or in prison had he not been intro'd to that old fucker.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.