UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Teddy Atlas: 'Mike Tyson’s a phony'

3/5/14 3:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lanceness021
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thefightingsheep - I would bet that the statements about Tyson being phony have more to do with the revelations that he was using drugs before fights and scamming piss tests then about the incident with Teddy's niece. Grabbing a girl's ass might be creepy or bad, but it isn't "phony". Switching from bad guy to good guy personas and acting like fighting meant everything to him and that he would die in the ring while he was actually out partying is probably what set off this particular rant.

But I agree with people who don't like Atlas either. I think he's drunk his own Kool-Aid about him being good for the sport and good for his fighters.

I'll eat my hat if prime Tyson wasn't on steroids.
3/5/14 3:42 PM
thefightingsheep
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lanceness021 - 
thefightingsheep - I would bet that the statements about Tyson being phony have more to do with the revelations that he was using drugs before fights and scamming piss tests then about the incident with Teddy's niece. Grabbing a girl's ass might be creepy or bad, but it isn't "phony". Switching from bad guy to good guy personas and acting like fighting meant everything to him and that he would die in the ring while he was actually out partying is probably what set off this particular rant.

But I agree with people who don't like Atlas either. I think he's drunk his own Kool-Aid about him being good for the sport and good for his fighters.

I'll eat my hat if prime Tyson wasn't on steroids.

That's probably the type of thing Teddy was calling him out for. I think his tell-all confessions were filtered for consumption by a public that was supposed to forgive him. He cheated on women, but doesn't confess to beating them. He was using a fake penis to hide cocaine use from state athletic commissions, but not steroids. The things that would have really tarnished his legacy weren't talked about. Instead there was more fuel for the narrative of a tough-luck guy who made it to the top and then lost it all.

I actually wish him well and it's nice to see him smiling and enjoying his family and life. But I understand why the people he affected earlier in his life don't want to forgive him and don't necessarily believe that he's changed.
3/5/14 3:44 PM
Moke
192 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steroids were pretty much an open "secret" back then and no one ever seemed to fail a test. A testament to boxing corruption.
3/5/14 4:09 PM
Lanceness021

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7PstNAXP73g

He admits to bringing a fake penis to fights, he says the one big regret of his career was not using growth hormone and anyone's supposed to believe he wasn't on roids ....

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7PstNAXP73g
3/5/14 4:11 PM
lookoutawhale
1122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AristidesBrito - 
Bobby Lupo -
Kneeblock - The redemption of Mike Tyson is one of the weirdest things I've witnessed in our society. People give him a pass because generally he's contrite about his past, but not about the most egregious sins he committed, particularly against women.

On this very board where every low income young black male is a thug or "deserves to be nuked from orbit," as one poster elegantly put it in a thread yesterday, Mike Tyson had a hard upbringing and deserves a second, third, fourth, infinite amount of chances.

I can only guess that it's because of nostalgia for the 80s when most people on here were coming up or sheer abject terror of Mike that allows this odd incongruence of opinion. Phone Post 3.0

Kirik said Tyson was "a beautiful soul". UGers are very impressionable and worship authority. 

Tyson was 10X the scumbag he admits to being in his dog and pony show image makeover tour. 

FWIW, he's also a massive racist. He fucking HATES white people. 

People want to like him because he's the bully of all bullies.. and now look at him happy and smiling. He'd never want to crush your testicles because your face annoyed him. Maybe the guy who used to beat you up changed too.

It's sick really. Tyson worship is a disease.

Fair warning, I can talk Tyson all day and I will vaporize any Tyson Jock Sniffers with facts

In Phone Post 3.0

http://i.imgur.com/ZiM9dIl.gif

in for more behind the scenes Tyson info!

I remember Mike saying that even though he didnt like Don King, Don King knew a lot of information of all the bad things he had done in his past that he didnt want coming out.

Did Mike murder people in the past that has been swept under the rug? Mike's limo driver had a fascinating book out. He talks about Don King also set him up to die from the Crips (or Bloods gang)

A lot of shady people in that scene.

3/5/14 4:23 PM
Another Foob
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Atlas would know better than I. But I'm pretty attached to Tyson's ongoing story of redemption.
3/5/14 4:24 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Teddy is such a sour old fuck. Hates on Pac and Tyson at every turn.

He does have reason to dislike Tyson, but just let it go ffs Phone Post 3.0
3/5/14 4:25 PM
SOO72
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seems like he's projecting a bit.
3/5/14 5:41 PM
Galanis
1252 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bobby Lupo - 

You should hear what he says when the camera's off. 

Both guys are fucking nuts.

Mike Tyson is and always has been a legit sociopath/psychopath. He hasn't changed. He still has the mentality of the 12-year-old who helps old ladies carry grocery bags, so he can knock them out and rob them. He just figured out (or was told by his wife) that it's an easier hustle to pretend to be some kind of smiling mascot, dancing bear kind of dude.

Someone on this thread said Tyson is the realest dude in boxing. That is the opposite of the truth. Mike Tyson is a lump of clay. He'll be who you want him to be, if you can do something for him. If not: fuck you.No wonder he's taken to acting, that's what he's done his whole life.

Tyson is everything he accused George Foreman of being.

Teddy is another kind of maniac. You won't find a single Teddy Atlas trained fighter that has anything good to say about him. He wants to be the star. He used theatrics to put the spotlight on him when Moorer was beating Holyfield. He made it Teddy Atlas wills Michael Moorer to win the HW title when MM was the most talented guy in the division.

Atlas loves to work with hugely talented, but flawed big guys: Moorer (Lazy), Briggs (self doubt), Povetkin (passive), Meriqui (can only be the hammer). These are also some of the smartest boxers in the game. When a guy works with Teddy, he agrees to join a cult. When they win, it's because of Teddy, not that they're one of the most talented guys in the world; when they lose: they were always a bum, Teddy did his best, but they went back to their bum ways. 

Teddy convinced Povetkin, an Olympic gold medalist and #1 contender that he sucked and needed to fight scrubs and spend all his time in the gym for 2 year before he should even fight a contender. Povetkin was turning down $5m paydays against the Klits because Teddy convinved him that he sucked.

This is why you are one of the better posters on here. You know what the fuck you're talking about

3/5/14 5:45 PM
Bobby Lupo
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Galanis - 
Bobby Lupo - 

You should hear what he says when the camera's off. 

Both guys are fucking nuts.

Mike Tyson is and always has been a legit sociopath/psychopath. He hasn't changed. He still has the mentality of the 12-year-old who helps old ladies carry grocery bags, so he can knock them out and rob them. He just figured out (or was told by his wife) that it's an easier hustle to pretend to be some kind of smiling mascot, dancing bear kind of dude.

Someone on this thread said Tyson is the realest dude in boxing. That is the opposite of the truth. Mike Tyson is a lump of clay. He'll be who you want him to be, if you can do something for him. If not: fuck you.No wonder he's taken to acting, that's what he's done his whole life.

Tyson is everything he accused George Foreman of being.

Teddy is another kind of maniac. You won't find a single Teddy Atlas trained fighter that has anything good to say about him. He wants to be the star. He used theatrics to put the spotlight on him when Moorer was beating Holyfield. He made it Teddy Atlas wills Michael Moorer to win the HW title when MM was the most talented guy in the division.

Atlas loves to work with hugely talented, but flawed big guys: Moorer (Lazy), Briggs (self doubt), Povetkin (passive), Meriqui (can only be the hammer). These are also some of the smartest boxers in the game. When a guy works with Teddy, he agrees to join a cult. When they win, it's because of Teddy, not that they're one of the most talented guys in the world; when they lose: they were always a bum, Teddy did his best, but they went back to their bum ways. 

Teddy convinced Povetkin, an Olympic gold medalist and #1 contender that he sucked and needed to fight scrubs and spend all his time in the gym for 2 year before he should even fight a contender. Povetkin was turning down $5m paydays against the Klits because Teddy convinved him that he sucked.

This is why you are one of the better posters on here. You know what the fuck you're talking about

Thank you. 28 vote downs yesterday. I should be a cheerleader.

3/5/14 8:07 PM
vandelay
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Media Monster - He's just mad that Tyson hooked up with his sister. Phone Post 3.0
Legit lol......followed with guilt Phone Post 3.0
3/5/14 10:47 PM
scarfacedave
444 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mike was talking shit about Teddy in his one man show, so the fake ass apology probably doesn't mean much to Teddy.
3/6/14 12:37 AM
Rickson's Aura

Although there is a troll angle to Lupo's posts, him and Kneeblock are speaking the truth. The UG fascination/love/defense of Mike Tyson is strange given his history. I've seen recent interviews with Tyson and there's still a hint of crazy present there even when he is trying to be the silly lovable guy.

The love of Tyson comes from nostalgia over his 80s fights/image as a killer in ring and also Dana White being cool with him. There are people on the UG that worship Dana and anything he does. Tyson is revered as if he is some martyr. I don't think he is the worst guy in the world but I don't have any sympathy for him and neither do I think he deserves more opportunities as a commentator/spokesman for boxing or MMA.
3/6/14 12:45 AM
fingers 'n' teeth
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Atlas just annoys me.

Whatever you want to say about Mike Tyson, you can't say he's a phony.

The world has seen his best and worse moments. From the youngest heavyweight champ ever to the most feared man on the planet to a convicted felon, ear biter to a past it has been getting whooped by bums.

I don't see how you could have any other expectation of Mike Tyson than you have now.

Phony?

The only Phony here is Teddy Atlas. Fucking gob shite.

3/6/14 1:06 AM
GSDbestbreed
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Teddy Atlas needs to turn the fucking page. We get it, you dont like Mike.

Im not saying Teddy is right or wrong, everyman is entitled to his opinion. But when that opinion has been a matter of record, for YEARS, its not newsworthy or relevant anymore.

I know reporters/journalist always ask him about Tyson, but maybe he needs to indulge less, and just say nothing. Because when he answers these questions, for the millionth time, it just makes him seem like a bitter old fuck. Even if his points may be valid.

On another note, he talks incessantly about Tyson being scared/a coward/phony etc. Yet with all of these alleged character flaws, Tyson still was the youngest HW Champ of all time, had a devastating run for a few years, and is regarded as one of the best HW ever. All without Teddy's tutelage, or him in his corner. I think this pisses him off more than Tyson feeling up his Niece.
3/6/14 1:23 AM
elpasojjcom
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSDbestbreed - Teddy Atlas needs to turn the fucking page. We get it, you dont like Mike.

Im not saying Teddy is right or wrong, everyman is entitled to his opinion. But when that opinion has been a matter of record, for YEARS, its not newsworthy or relevant anymore.

I know reporters/journalist always ask him about Tyson, but maybe he needs to indulge less, and just say nothing. Because when he answers these questions, for the millionth time, it just makes him seem like a bitter old fuck. Even if his points may be valid.

On another note, he talks incessantly about Tyson being scared/a coward/phony etc. Yet with all of these alleged character flaws, Tyson still was the youngest HW Champ of all time, had a devastating run for a few years, and is regarded as one of the best HW ever. All without Teddy's tutelage, or him in his corner. I think this pisses him off more than Tyson feeling up his Niece.
Good post Phone Post 3.0
3/6/14 1:51 AM
Bipolar

Human beings in general, and the ones who post on the UG in particular, are frightening. The first poster gives his opinion that Atlas is bitter at Tyson over a decades-old incident between Mike and Teddy's niece or daughter, not sure which it really was, and virtually every post thereafter assumes the opinion expressed in the first post IS in fact the reason for Teddy's dislike for Tyson. That is some scary group mindlessness.
3/6/14 2:58 AM
Jack_Bauer
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3/6/14 3:00 AM
spjackson77

and teddy atlas is a faggot. His claim to fame is pulling a gun on tyson. If that never happened, nobody would ever know who this faggot is. fuck off you faggot, tyson owns you.
3/6/14 3:15 AM
StretchPlum

Edited: 03/06/14 3:24 AM
Nobody would ever know him, other than the fact that he's been prominently featured on tv for 20+ years.

Is Tyson a phony? Of course. Every time he's broke, he gets all philosophical, picks up a few therapy-speak buzzwords, and gets paid by convincing the more naive white people that he's changed. He's done this routine before. But it's probably the first time many on here are hearing this same old rap.

A lot of people really buy this redemption bullshit from Mike. Mike Tyson is the person who used to hurt old ladies in elevators for their SS check. He's the same guy.

As far as Atlas's niece, apology doesn't mean shit. Tyson is a straight up child molester.
3/6/14 3:35 AM
StretchPlum

Atlas is referred to as a "hater" here, like we're in middle school. Yes, he hates Tyson, he hates certain things Tyson did, etc. One who hates. How does that meaningless word add anything here?
3/6/14 3:56 AM
PoundforPound
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/06/14 4:07 AM
From Mike Tyson's autobiography:

"I had known Teddy's sisters-in-law before Teddy even did. We had all gone to school together and were friends. The girls would always be flirtatious with me, but I never had a sexual thing with them.

I was hanging out with his twelve-year-old sister-in-law one day and I grabbed her butt. I really didn't mean to do anything evil. I was just playing around and I grabbed her butt and I shouldn't have. It was just a stupid thing to do. I didn't think it through. I had no social skills because Cus kept me in the gym all the time.

As soon as I did it I immediately regretted it. She didn't say anything to me but I knew it must have made her uncomfortable.....

*after the gun to the head incident*

Whenever Teddy talks about this incident now, he makes it sound like he scared me to shit. The truth was, it wasn't the first time someone had held a gun to my head, but it wasn't like I was saying stuff like "C'mon, shoot me, motherfucker." I was nervous. By the way, it took a while for my hearing to come back.

But I just felt that I had fucked something up real bad. I really cared about Teddy. I was pissed, though, and I might have told some people that I was going to get back at him, but I would never do anything to hurt Teddy. He taught me how to fight, he was right there from the beginning."
3/6/14 3:58 AM
Happiness Bunny
178 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mike Moffitt thinks Jerry Seinfeld is a phony.
3/6/14 4:30 AM
scarfacedave
444 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PoundforPound - From Mike Tyson's autobiography:

"I had known Teddy's sisters-in-law before Teddy even did. We had all gone to school together and were friends. The girls would always be flirtatious with me, but I never had a sexual thing with them.

I was hanging out with his twelve-year-old sister-in-law one day and I grabbed her butt. I really didn't mean to do anything evil. I was just playing around and I grabbed her butt and I shouldn't have. It was just a stupid thing to do. I didn't think it through. I had no social skills because Cus kept me in the gym all the time.

As soon as I did it I immediately regretted it. She didn't say anything to me but I knew it must have made her uncomfortable.....

*after the gun to the head incident*

Whenever Teddy talks about this incident now, he makes it sound like he scared me to shit. The truth was, it wasn't the first time someone had held a gun to my head, but it wasn't like I was saying stuff like "C'mon, shoot me, motherfucker." I was nervous. By the way, it took a while for my hearing to come back.

But I just felt that I had fucked something up real bad. I really cared about Teddy. I was pissed, though, and I might have told some people that I was going to get back at him, but I would never do anything to hurt Teddy. He taught me how to fight, he was right there from the beginning."

That's very interesting, thanks for posting.

His comments on the one man show seemed to portray Teddy Atlas as someone that was envious of his success.

I will look for it on youtube.
3/6/14 4:52 AM
spjackson77

StretchPlum - Nobody would ever know him, other than the fact that he's been prominently featured on tv for 20+ years.

Is Tyson a phony? Of course. Every time he's broke, he gets all philosophical, picks up a few therapy-speak buzzwords, and gets paid by convincing the more naive white people that he's changed. He's done this routine before. But it's probably the first time many on here are hearing this same old rap.

A lot of people really buy this redemption bullshit from Mike. Mike Tyson is the person who used to hurt old ladies in elevators for their SS check. He's the same guy.

As far as Atlas's niece, apology doesn't mean shit. Tyson is a straight up child molester.

what a load of shit. If Teddy Atlas was so prominent, then how come every single fucking interview ever with him always goes back to his incident with Mike Tyson. Nobody gives a shit about his opinion on anything, they just want his side of the mike tyson incident.

Mike Tyson doesn't give a shit about redemption, or trying to win sympathy from the public. All you have to do is youtube any of his interviews to find this out. Mike Tyson is probably the most exploited person in the history of sports, and quite frankly, I would expect most people to turn out the same way he did if they had his life. Show me the proof that he is a child molester you fucking faggot. until then, go eat a dick you worthless dumbfuck.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.