UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Conor McGregor vs. Cole Miller rumored for Dublin

3/7/14 9:25 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SN moved to conspiracy ground
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuckin hell i'm on holidays that week...might have to cancel! Phone Post 3.0
3/7/14 9:55 AM
elliot91
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im guessing norman parke will be on this card - depending on how his fight goes on the shogun henderson card, any guesses who would be a good opponent for him?
3/7/14 10:08 AM
SaintMike
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool fight, hope it happens. Would put my money on Cole by sub. Phone Post 3.0
3/7/14 10:39 AM
TommyRSU
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Cole could sub him for sure but I don't see that fight hitting the ground.

I am a huge Cole fan but I see him having problems finding Connor on the feet. Connor by great footwork and slick left hands. Phone Post 3.0
3/7/14 11:55 AM
Aaron Becker
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

would rather see Connor against a tougher opponent to get whooped
3/7/14 11:58 AM
JOB
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do hope Owen Roddy gets the call up. One of the most exciting fighters in Ireland, and has paid his dues.

Atmosphere will be fucking insane for when McGregor comes out.
3/7/14 12:10 PM
Snoozhitsu

Owen has been retired for a while now, and won't be making a comeback.

For Irish fighters I'd say McGregor, Seery and Parke are definites.
Fields and Pendred good possibilities.
Holohan and Daly next in line if there's room on the card.
3/7/14 12:38 PM
jasonhightower
354 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Judontkneedthisname3744 -
CindyO -
Gobulcoque - Good tune up fight for Conor.
LOL@ Cole being a tune up for Conor or anyone!

Cindy Phone Post 3.0
Jesus look who I'm about to agree with I think I'm going to puke lol

Cole is legit and could legit beat Connor. Phone Post 3.0
LOL Phone Post 3.0
3/7/14 12:39 PM
olskool
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im hoping Cole and Connor is the fight that happens. Id give almost anything to see them bang. I beleive Cole and Connor deserve to fight one another. Is Connor the bad man Many believe? Is Cole the bad man all that know him recognize. Is Cole maturing and peaking as a fighter (I say yes)?  Cole and Connor would be as exciting as a fight as they come, 2 guys going for a finish, on a mission. Although I do not believe it would be a main (even thogh I hope it is) Id bet it would be the co-main consideration. Let me say I DO NOT have any insider information but  I wouldnt be suprised if Connor is fighting Jeremy Stephans in Ireland.

I hope Cole and Connor both fight each other in July! Let the anticipation begin!!!!

t

3/7/14 2:21 PM
epwar
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/07/14 2:21 PM

Conor is currently ranked #19 at FW via Fight Matrix.  Cole is currently ranked #28.  Odd how McGregor is always getting folks ranked below him.  Yeah, no fighter building going on here folks.

3/7/14 2:43 PM
sagemma
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CindyO -
anthony2339 - are they really at main event level? i mean conor has no big wins Phone Post
You don't think this is a main event level fight for a free card in another country headlined by two exciting fighters?

The fact that one will definitely have the home team support (asses in seats) because he is the most searched athlete in the country is just icing on the cake.

I expect to see nothing less than two crazy mofo's in a dog fight when gate closes and its either guys scrap, IMO. Looking forward to it!!!

Cindy Phone Post 3.0
Gtfo of this forum Phone Post
3/7/14 2:52 PM
Bobby Lupo
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/07/14 2:51 PM

Cole is the Christian being fed to the lion here. Doesn't make it past the first. He's getting Matrix'd. Nasty, brutal and short. 

Aisling Daly can fight the worst 115'er on the roster.

Throw Todd Duffee in there too

Will the UFC bring maRcus daVis hoMe?

3/7/14 3:21 PM
olskool
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sagemma - 
CindyO -
anthony2339 - are they really at main event level? i mean conor has no big wins Phone Post
You don't think this is a main event level fight for a free card in another country headlined by two exciting fighters?

The fact that one will definitely have the home team support (asses in seats) because he is the most searched athlete in the country is just icing on the cake.

I expect to see nothing less than two crazy mofo's in a dog fight when gate closes and its either guys scrap, IMO. Looking forward to it!!!

Cindy Phone Post 3.0
Gtfo of this forum Phone Post

Dude,

You have 89 post in 39 days......and insult one of the most respected members of the forum.

Beat it.,

3/7/14 3:33 PM
Bobby Lupo
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Cole had the slightest chance of winning, this fight would not have been made. This is some UFC Brazil kind of shit.

3/7/14 3:35 PM
DoomFarmer
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epwar -

Conor is currently ranked #19 at FW via Fight Matrix.  Cole is currently ranked #28.  Odd how McGregor is always getting folks ranked below him.  Yeah, no fighter building going on here folks.

Don't get mad that Conor actually has the intelligence enough to promote himself. Phone Post 3.0
3/7/14 3:36 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
408 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epwar -

They have to.

Conor will be matched VERY carefully for the next year or so.

The UFC will not allow a Jon Fitch-Erick Silva moment to happen to Conor.

No way.

No risks will be taken until they've established him as a bigger star than his resume or ranking.

The UFC has strapped a rocket to his back and they will not make a mistake in matchmaking and have it go for naught.

This is why hot boxing prospects get matched up so carefully as 1 loss can destroy the build.

In MMA, losses have never mattered as much as in boxing but it's clear that's changing.

UFC is adopting the boxing strategy of 1 fight cards and now they are going to play matchmaker like Bob Arum and make certain guys they want to push get a smoother path.

Patrick Cummins for Cormier was another example of this.

Could Cole do it? Maybe.

But the UFC doesn't think so and they also do not want it to happen.

If they could book Barry Horowitz to do the job they would. Phone Post 3.0
3/7/14 3:56 PM
10er
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No way that is the main event. Surely? Phone Post 3.0
3/7/14 6:24 PM
JOB
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Snoozhitsu - Owen has been retired for a while now, and won't be making a comeback.

For Irish fighters I'd say McGregor, Seery and Parke are definites.
Fields and Pendred good possibilities.
Holohan and Daly next in line if there's room on the card.

Very sorry to hear that. And just when MMA is blowing up too. Injuries, or just focusing on coaching?
3/7/14 6:51 PM
olskool

Bobby Lupo - 

Cole is the Christian being fed to the lion here. Doesn't make it past the first. He's getting Matrix'd. Nasty, brutal and short. 

Cole can beat ANY  fighter in the FW division on a given day.......Trust me.

Everyone said Pearson would roll thru Cole, he had the best "hands" in the LW division they said....Wrong. There are other examples.

Cole lost a couple of very close decisions and a couple bad cuts in his introduction to the FW division, he lost....it happens.

If Cole is healthy and as he matures as a fighter and a man he has the ability to one day, (and soon) to have the belt. There are non believers and there are haters, thats ok too...

I chose to BELIEVE

WAR COLE

3/7/14 7:20 PM
guardbr8kr

I'm pretty sure 73% of the UG is qualified to main event for the biggest show on the planet !

WAR DANA !!!!
3/8/14 1:18 AM
MediumRareMistake
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

olskool -
Bobby Lupo - 

Cole can beat ANY  fighter in the FW division on a given day.......Trust me.

Everyone said Pearson would roll thru Cole, he had the best "hands" in the LW division they said....Wrong. There are other examples.

Cole lost a couple of very close decisions and a couple bad cuts in his introduction to the FW division, he lost....it happens.

If Cole is healthy and as he matures as a fighter and a man he has the ability to one day, (and soon) to have the belt. There are non believers and there are haters, thats ok too...

I chose to BELIEVE

WAR COLE

Tell me how cole beats aldo, mendes, cub, Edgar, BJ etc. I do agree he's a tough fight for anyone. Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 4:45 AM
Fedoral Crime
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epwar -

Always? He's only had 2 fights in the UFC so I don't think he's EVER fought guys ranked below him.

Anyone who doesn't think this is a great fight is crazy or at least homosexual.

John Hathaway fought in a main event fight last week against Stun Gun and he hadn't fought in nearly 2 years but it was still a great fight that produced a HL reel KO.

Stop the hate y'all.

Illuminate Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 5:22 AM
Pessimist_Pete

I'm going with Cole. Mcgoober acts like a turd. Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 5:22 AM
JJSFC
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What the fuck is MMASucka.com? Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 6:26 AM
Bobby Lupo

JJSFC - What the fuck is MMASucka.com? Phone Post 3.0

Booker T from WWE has an MMA site. He does all the reporting himself

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.