UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Canelo/Angulo PPV Fighter Salaries

3/7/14 2:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GayGuardMooseSaucy
480 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Credit to forum member Barry bonds MVP for the find

Alvarez 1.25M, Angulo 750k, SantaCruz 500k, Mijares 92k, Linares 50k, Arakawa 50k, R Alavarez 100k, Thompson 50k Phone Post 3.0
3/7/14 3:07 PM
ChrisAllen
184 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So you want to be an ultimate fighter. Phone Post 3.0
3/7/14 3:11 PM
PrestigeWorldwide
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm sure Canelo will get a cut of that ppv pie. Guy is a saint in Mexico. They will buy this up Phone Post 3.0
3/7/14 3:12 PM
Brigham
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PrestigeWorldwide - I'm sure Canelo will get a cut of that ppv pie. Guy is a saint in Mexico. They will buy this up Phone Post 3.0
Yes Canelo has an 80/20 split with Golden Boy so he will make much more than his salary Phone Post
3/7/14 3:39 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
307 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Plus Angulo is coming off a loss to Lara.

This should be a fun fight and the undercard is worth it.

I'd love to see Kirkland vs Canelo but he priced himself out of the fight. Phone Post 3.0
3/7/14 3:46 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
480 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brigham -
PrestigeWorldwide - I'm sure Canelo will get a cut of that ppv pie. Guy is a saint in Mexico. They will buy this up Phone Post 3.0
Yes Canelo has an 80/20 split with Golden Boy so he will make much more than his salary Phone Post
Hispanic market will carry this card. I have no interest is dropping $60 on it. This will be a good measuring stick to see where Canelo's star power is at. Phone Post 3.0
3/7/14 3:51 PM
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/07/14 3:51 PM

This is def more of a Showtime card than a PPV but it will show where Canelo is as a real PPV draw.  If he only does 300k then he isnt the next Floyd everyone said he was gonna be.

If he can do 500, 600, 700k vs Angulo then he is the next Floyd, he could fight a paper bag and have that Latino market carry all his fights.  Put him against a Cotto, a GGG, a Sergio and you are looking at a million buy PPV card superstar.

So this fight really tells you where Canelo is as a superstar on PPV.

3/7/14 4:06 PM
vandelay
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is anybody else watching "All Access" and falling in love with Angulo(no homo)??? Guys a warrior and appears to be a real sweetheart to boot Phone Post 3.0
3/7/14 4:13 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

Chaelismyhero - I read that Canelo is targeting the winner of Sergio-Cotto.

Now Sergio is going to beat Cotto like a drum,but I would imagine GB would like to see a big Mexican-PR fight. Their hasn't been one since Tony-Cotto had that great fight a few years ago.
Canelo should've fought Cotto instead of Angulo IMO. Phone Post 3.0
3/7/14 4:17 PM
vandelay
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EEKS -
vandelay - Is anybody else watching "All Access" and falling in love with Angulo(no homo)??? Guys a warrior and appears to be a real sweetheart to boot Phone Post 3.0

I felt the same way, the way he spoke about his trainer Virgil Hunter touched me.
Yeah it was touching, for those of you that haven't watched in two episodes he has cried while holding his daughter, donated his hair to make wigs for cancer patients and donated his time at a special breed dog event. He has also brought coffee for his trainers pre workout. Haha seems like an outstanding human being. Hope he pulls off the upset Saturday Phone Post 3.0
3/7/14 4:23 PM
ShaqNoob
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

vandelay - Is anybody else watching "All Access" and falling in love with Angulo(no homo)??? Guys a warrior and appears to be a real sweetheart to boot Phone Post 3.0

Link to a video online?
3/7/14 4:32 PM
potato623

Chaelismyhero - I read that Canelo is targeting the winner of Sergio-Cotto.

Now Sergio is going to beat Cotto like a drum,but I would imagine GB would like to see a big Mexican-PR fight. Their hasn't been one since Tony-Cotto had that great fight a few years ago.

That's not possible, if Sergio wins he still has one more fight exclusively to HBO. Canelo is exclusive to Showtime. A fight between the two wouldn't be likely until 2015
3/7/14 4:34 PM
potato623

GayGuardMooseSaucy - 

Wasn't Alvarez's decision, Cotto had two options, Martinez or Alvarez, he chose Martinez. Martinez is the better fight for him.
3/7/14 4:59 PM
Ramy Daoud
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow look at those pay days! Lowest paid fighter on the card still got more than TKZ did for a title bout against Aldo.

The all access episodes are up on YouTube. Phone Post 3.0
3/7/14 8:46 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

potato623 -
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 

Wasn't Alvarez's decision, Cotto had two options, Martinez or Alvarez, he chose Martinez. Martinez is the better fight for him.
Canelo could've fought whoever he wanted. Phone Post 3.0
3/7/14 9:33 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

Angulo now making 850K since Canelo upped the weight limit to 155lbs. Canelo can't weigh more than 168lbs tomorrow or he'll forfeit even more cash or the fight could be off. Phone Post 3.0
3/7/14 9:35 PM
BuddyRevell
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who's the third biggest moneymaker in boxing after Floyd and Manny?

3/7/14 9:43 PM
potato623

BuddyRevell - 

Here's the order, boxing pay scale depends on how big the fight is. Here's some averages

W. Klitschko: 10 Million
V. Klitschko: 8 Million
Miguel Cotto: 6 Million
Juan Manuel Marquez: 5 Million
Tim Bradley: 3 Million
Sergio Martinez: 3 Million

On occasion, British fighters make a lot of money, for instance Tyson Fury vs Hayes was suppose to be a 7 million dollar payday for Fury or something like that.

There's a lot more money in Boxing than MMA for the most part, it's a completely different business model
3/7/14 9:44 PM
man meets fate

BuddyRevell - 

i think wladimir
3/7/14 9:45 PM
potato623

Chaelismyhero - 
potato623 - 
Chaelismyhero - I read that Canelo is targeting the winner of Sergio-Cotto.

That's not possible, if Sergio wins he still has one more fight exclusively to HBO. Canelo is exclusive to Showtime. A fight between the two wouldn't be likely until 2015

You are correct...I totally forgot about the Showtime-HBO situation.

Also,Why do you think Sergio is the better fight for Cotto?

I think he has a better chance at winning against Sergio and I think Top Rank is the better place for Miguel to fight personally. Golden Boy made a lot of mistakes while he was under contract like the Trout fight, that was such bad matchmaking.
3/7/14 9:47 PM
potato623

GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
potato623 -
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 

Golden Boy offered Cotto 10 million to fight Canelo according to sources, Cotto turned it down in favor of Sergio
3/7/14 9:49 PM
Cameron0000
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 -

This is def more of a Showtime card than a PPV but it will show where Canelo is as a real PPV draw.  If he only does 300k then he isnt the next Floyd everyone said he was gonna be.

If he can do 500, 600, 700k vs Angulo then he is the next Floyd, he could fight a paper bag and have that Latino market carry all his fights.  Put him against a Cotto, a GGG, a Sergio and you are looking at a million buy PPV card superstar.

He is not the next Floyd don't be stupid Phone Post 3.0
3/7/14 9:54 PM
potato623

Cameron0000 - 
Chris27 -

He is not the next Floyd don't be stupid Phone Post 3.0

Why you saying this? After Floyd, Sergio, Cotto, and Pacquiao retire Canelo is the last star left.

In terms of star power go, Canelo, Garcia, JCC, Glovkin, and Ward are the next big things Boxing has. The cool thing is they're all with exception to Garcia in range of fighting one another.

Don't be naïve, Canelo is huge for boxing.
3/7/14 10:21 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

potato623 -
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
potato623 -
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 

Golden Boy offered Cotto 10 million to fight Canelo according to sources, Cotto turned it down in favor of Sergio
Canelo would've stopped Cotto. He's better off taking Sergio off the surgery and looking average against Murray. If he wins the middleweight belt he's due at least 2-3 million dollar pay days. Phone Post 3.0
3/7/14 10:24 PM
Lex_o

Julio Caesar Chavez Jr. Bitches Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.