UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Canelo/Angulo PPV Fighter Salaries

3/7/14 10:32 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TzTinkle
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

potato623 - 
Cameron0000 - 
Chris27 -

This is def more of a Showtime card than a PPV but it will show where Canelo is as a real PPV draw.  If he only does 300k then he isnt the next Floyd everyone said he was gonna be.

If he can do 500, 600, 700k vs Angulo then he is the next Floyd, he could fight a paper bag and have that Latino market carry all his fights.  Put him against a Cotto, a GGG, a Sergio and you are looking at a million buy PPV card superstar.

So this fight really tells you where Canelo is as a superstar on PPV.

He is not the next Floyd don't be stupid Phone Post 3.0

Why you saying this? After Floyd, Sergio, Cotto, and Pacquiao retire Canelo is the last star left.

In terms of star power go, Canelo, Garcia, JCC, Glovkin, and Ward are the next big things Boxing has. The cool thing is they're all with exception to Garcia in range of fighting one another.

Don't be naïve, Canelo is huge for boxing.

Canelo doesn't have the goods. The way he went down without a fight against Floyd showed everything. I hope Angulo takes him out.
3/7/14 10:54 PM
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't see how these paydays are that much larger than a top tier UFC PPV card...

Interesting to see the full payouts for everyone on the undercard too for comparison. I would bet it drops off more severely... Phone Post 3.0
3/7/14 11:05 PM
Chris27

Cameron0000 - 
Chris27 -

This is def more of a Showtime card than a PPV but it will show where Canelo is as a real PPV draw.  If he only does 300k then he isnt the next Floyd everyone said he was gonna be.

If he can do 500, 600, 700k vs Angulo then he is the next Floyd, he could fight a paper bag and have that Latino market carry all his fights.  Put him against a Cotto, a GGG, a Sergio and you are looking at a million buy PPV card superstar.

What are you talking about?  Maybe not in terms of greatness but in terms of a draw he has a huge following with Latinos.

I'm talking about PPV star, this fight will tell us alot, if he can go out and sell 500-700k buys on a fight like this that means vs a Cotto or someone like that he is a million buy PPv draw.  Maybe you didnt notice but Manny is basically done as a huge PPV star and Floyd wont be around forever so anyone who can draw a million buys in boxing or mma is a mega star draw.

Like I said this fights PPV numbers will tell u where he is at in terms of being the guy who takes over for Floyd as PPV king.

3/7/14 11:08 PM
ChaoticTorres

word. Canelo is a saint to Mexicans. My father doesn't even watch boxing anymore but will tune in to watch Canelo fight any time.
3/7/14 11:53 PM
jaytrainwreck
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChrisAllen - So you want to be an ultimate fighter. Phone Post 3.0
." LMAO Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 1:23 AM
Macedawgg
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/08/14 1:23 AM
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - I don't see how these paydays are that much larger than a top tier UFC PPV card...

Interesting to see the full payouts for everyone on the undercard too for comparison. I would bet it drops off more severely... Phone Post 3.0

According to Dan Rafael of ESPN.com, Alvarez has an 80-20 split deal with Golden Boy in addition to the $1.25 million purse, and Alvarez gets the 80%. So he'll make much more than just that purse figure.

http://bit.ly/1kDFEc9

In the main undercard bout, WBC super bantamweight titleholder Leo Santa Cruz will make $500,000 for his defense against Cristian Mijares, who has a purse of $92,000. Jorge Linares and Nihito Arakawa will each make $50,000 for their lightweight 10-rounder.

If the fight goes ahead as scheduled, Carlos Molina will make $275,000 for his defense of the IBF junior middleweight title, but that is in doubt right now. Challenger Jermall Charlo has a $100,000 purse, and will be paid whether or not the fight happens.

3/8/14 1:27 AM
potato623

TzTinkle - 
potato623 - 
Cameron0000 - 
Chris27 -

Why you saying this? After Floyd, Sergio, Cotto, and Pacquiao retire Canelo is the last star left.

In terms of star power go, Canelo, Garcia, JCC, Glovkin, and Ward are the next big things Boxing has. The cool thing is they're all with exception to Garcia in range of fighting one another.

Don't be naïve, Canelo is huge for boxing.

Canelo doesn't have the goods. The way he went down without a fight against Floyd showed everything. I hope Angulo takes him out.

He's just 23!!
3/8/14 1:45 AM
WickedWonder

FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - I don't see how these paydays are that much larger than a top tier UFC PPV card...

Yepp and people fail to also look at records. Mijares has like over 50 pro fights and making 92k. Weidman has 11 pro fights. Most of other guys making 50k have over 30 fights…i see bunch of ufc guys with less than 20 fights making more. People like to ignore that and just look at salary
3/8/14 1:51 AM
Macedawgg
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/08/14 1:52 AM

Atta-boys don't matter when your 40.

What does record have to do with anything? 

Isn't it revenue generated and rank? 

Fitch is Angullo--you get cut as "too expensive" making $66k a fight after 7.5 years.

A guy like Jay Hieron retires because he is well past the time and reputation to be fighting for $6k. 

But of course, those production costs in the UFC must be 15 to 20 times boxing. . . .

3/8/14 2:05 AM
Lex_o

Macedawgg -

Fitch is Angullo--you get cut as "too expensive" making $66k a fight after 7.5 years.

A guy like Jay Hieron retires because he is well past the time and reputation to be fighting for $6k. 

But of course, those production costs in the UFC must be 15 to 20 times boxing. . . .

Never mention fitch and angulo in same sentence. Angulo vs Kirkland Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 4:26 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
512 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lex_o -
Macedawgg -

Never mention fitch and angulo in same sentence. Angulo vs Kirkland Phone Post 3.0
No shitz Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 5:01 AM
Macedawgg

LOL

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.