UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> thiago out on 25kbond.Wife humiliated in court

3/8/14 4:59 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kneeblock
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This thread is a good example of the underdeveloped minds of some on the UG.

Many of you are making the typical suppositions about a woman who it sounds like may have been a victim of abuse and control:

"Well, why didn't she just leave?"

"There's no way she would've gone out to talk to him if she had an order of protection."

"She's a whore."

Etc., etc etc

You can cast whatever aspersions you like on Thais Silva for hooking up with Pablo. Of course Pablo's wife is going to take exception to the relationship. But whose issue is that? It's Pablo's. Not hers. They were consenting adults who made consenting decisions, and apparently while out of their respective relationships.

The facts as we know them are that Thiago showed up at a gym and made threats. He also had a documented abuse history against his wife. Whether he was waving around a gun or had a gun in his car, there was an implication of threat sufficient to make an arrest. 

Just because you like the way Thiago knocks people out in a cage doesn't make Thais Silva suddenly a manipulative whore.

3/8/14 5:40 AM
madmav
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dana better break out them clown shoes and do a lil dance... typical whinny puss for being a trigger happy goof who shits on his own fighters and publicly calls fans of mma/ufc eggs.......

did i miss anything?? lol
3/8/14 5:55 AM
sodagoespop
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's sad to see the UFC didnt even get the full story before releasing him. I guess if your not in the main event picture, the UFC doesn't care about their employees. I hope thiago can continue his career else where, always in entertaining fights.
3/8/14 6:31 AM
SOO72

KING Stannis Baratheon - 
man meets fate - http://www.local10.com/news/mixed-martial-arts-fighter-thiago-silva-granted-bond/24867820

pablos wife basically calls her a whore and she ruined her and her kids life. thiago said he wont flee to brazil cause he has no family anyway. Glenn Robinson(thiagos manager) said thiagos wife made herself look dumb for needing a translator when she speaks english just fine, and thiago has a deal on the table already.

Thiago coming home bitches!
Lol dude you're jumping the gun BIGTIME!

So he is out on bail.. A handful of crimes in Florida a defendant can be held on no bond.. Aggravated assault of which Silva is still charged with is not one of those crimes.

he is still charged but he finally got bail.. On a crime that Florida usually doesn't oppose bond for.

And Silvas coming home? Phone Post 3.0

His wife's character is going to be destroyed in court, as is Pablo's. Pablo's own wife spoke out against Silva's wife calling her a homewrecker in front of the judge. Silva had many character witnesses including Rashad Evans in front of the court, Silva's wife had none that I could see. There were no witnesses backing up anything Silva's wife said.

Are you saying that if the State had evidence from credible witnesses or compelling physical evidence of any kind that Thiago had done these things, that they would just let him bond out and wait for the trial... a relatively high profile person too where if they fucked up and let him out and he did kill anyone, everyone would see how they fucked up?

Doesn't make sense.
3/8/14 6:34 AM
HexRei

Kneeblock - 

Many of you are making the typical suppositions about a woman who it sounds like may have been a victim of abuse and control:

"There's no way she would've gone out to talk to him if she had an order of protection."

"She's a whore."

Etc., etc etc

You can cast whatever aspersions you like on Thais Silva for hooking up with Pablo. Of course Pablo's wife is going to take exception to the relationship. But whose issue is that? It's Pablo's. Not hers. They were consenting adults who made consenting decisions, and apparently while out of their respective relationships.

The facts as we know them are that Thiago showed up at a gym and made threats. He also had a documented abuse history against his wife. Whether he was waving around a gun or had a gun in his car, there was an implication of threat sufficient to make an arrest. 

Just because you like the way Thiago knocks people out in a cage doesn't make Thais Silva suddenly a manipulative whore.

As far as I know, the documented abuse history was a he said she said thing and there were no witnesses aside from the husband and wife themselves. A judge does not need to have the same burden of proof involved to grant a restraining order as to convict someone of domestic assault, because one is a criminal conviction and the other is just saying you need to stay away from each other.
3/8/14 7:32 AM
Bromovich
497 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub. Phone Post
3/8/14 7:41 AM
BigTedBear
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can totally understand why the UFC cut Thiago but it would have been better if they had just said the guy is suspended until his trial then wait till the guy has his day in court. Maybe if he can get a few wins and be cool they might take him back. Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 7:47 AM
UGCTT_CrestRio
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WhoShotYushinOkami -

I remember thinking at the time that some of the initial information being released just didnt add up.

The wife said both her and Thiago moved on to other people.

Yet she continued to live with Thiago while dating Pablo and she continued to live with him despite the fact she said he was still abusive?

This was in addition to Pablo supposedly moving on from his wife as well.

If Thiago moved on, and Thiago's wife moved on, and Pablo moved on, why is Thiago's wife still living with Thiago?

And why is she still living with him while he is abusive when she supposedly has a relationship with a world champion BJJ who also is getting a divorce?

Then we heard he stormed the gym with guns and threatened everyone. But it appears more that he sat in the parking lot waiting for just pablo?

I mean did he go in and threaten 30 or 40 people or did he sit outside waiting to settle shit with the guy laying pipe to his wife?

Theres a big difference to me even if neither is a mature and responsible way to handle conflict.

Then you have Thiago teling the reporter outsid ethe jail that his wife is going after his money!

It just doesnt all add up to me enough to say Thiago is 100% guilty!

All that aside I can understand where Dana is coming from.

But nowadays, I would like to see someone say "you know, we understand the allegations, but nothing has been proven yet so until then, we will carry on as usual."

I mean some POS hooker/stripper accuses some duke lacrosse players of rape? School shuts down the lacrosse program and suspends multiple student athletes just based on the accustaion. We know how that turnded out!

Waitress claims carry out customer writes nigger on the credit card slip? Everyone is up in arms and gives her $10K. Evidence appears to show shes just an opportunistic POS and people who gave money to her are gullible idiots!

I just dont understand why in cases like this where no one really appears to be 100 % trustworthy,  society cant just sit back for 2 fucking seconds and wait to hear everyones story before coming to conclusions!

By gawd this WhoShotYushinOkami!! Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 7:48 AM
Kostakio
484 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Devin Ratray's gf, WOOF -
Sean Thompson - This is the shit I hate about UFC, when rampage when on a rampage on the road they stuck up for him. Here they didn't even wat til the entire story comes out to throw Tiago under the bus.

Hope another promotion picks him up immediately
. Phone Post 3.0
. Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 8:04 AM
Judontkneedthisname3744

BuckyGoldstein - coming home to what though? :(

Dana jumped the gun
Yup but that's no surprise from Dana. Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 8:13 AM
iHateTheUG

You know if I was reading headlines like "UFC fighter involved in armed standoff with police" I wouldn't really care what happened to get to that point all I know is it makes my company look bad. Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 8:24 AM
noisebully

if the ufc is ever gonna be taken seriously they need to act as such. cutting a guy before he's proven guilty of anything and before knowing the story from both sides etc is just silly.

an employer is supposed to support its employees. dana white is entertaining and an awesome promotor but he's also a total goof and lacks professionalism.
3/8/14 8:27 AM
F ah G

DoomFarmer - 
F ah G -
DoomFarmer - As I have repeatedly said...look for Thiago to do ZERO time.

This whole thing sounds like melodramatic woman created shit.

Pretty sure he just got out, mayun.  That's time served. 

Guess you were wrong, repeatedly.  Bummer...

You know what I mean, shithead. Phone Post 3.0

Guessing you meant the word you put in all caps?

-Shithead

3/8/14 8:32 AM
iHateTheUG

noisebully - if the ufc is ever gonna be taken seriously they need to act as such. cutting a guy before he's proven guilty of anything and before knowing the story from both sides etc is just silly.

an employer is supposed to support its employees. dana white is entertaining and an awesome promotor but he's also a total goof and lacks professionalism.
Do you take the NFL serious?

Because the patriots cut Aaron Hernandez before he was even charged for his crimes. Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 9:03 AM
KOphil25
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Id rather watch a promotion with the Thiago Silva's and Paul Daley's of the world than one with the Ben Henderson's Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 9:37 AM
Alumynabjj

KOphil25 - Id rather watch a promotion with the Thiago Silva's and Paul Daley's of the world than one with the Ben Henderson's Phone Post 3.0

Exactly.
3/8/14 9:55 AM
hendofanforlife
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

While it initially sounded more clear cut, it is amusing to watch the flip of opinion after he just gets released on bond. The number of "shes always been a whore." and no shit the soon to be exwife doesnt like the new chick. Or that her being around thiago is any proof. I cant even count on two hands the number of women I know that were abused and stayed with their guy.  

He is still facing a decade in prison. I love me some Rashad, but  the number of character witnesses means nothing. Big shocker the training partners support each other. It will be hard training with that ankle monitor lol.

3/8/14 10:02 AM
Sofa King Cool
323 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alumynabjj -
KOphil25 - Id rather watch a promotion with the Thiago Silva's and Paul Daley's of the world than one with the Ben Henderson's Phone Post 3.0

Exactly.
. Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 10:30 AM
DoomFarmer
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kneeblock -

"She's a whore."

Etc., etc etc

No those aren't the facts.

They are allegations. Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 10:36 AM
Salokcin69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DoomFarmer -
BuckyGoldstein - coming home to what though? :(

Dana jumped the gun

Any of these other MMA promotions (Bellator, WSOF, ONEFC) worth their salt would be idiots for not jumping to sign Thiago.
Yep. Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 10:38 AM
Rob San Soo
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For every real abuse case I bet money there's about 10 bs ones. I been to court for a buddy I seen the cases and bs . Heck I don't even know a chick that's been abused but I know a hand full of dudes that been f over royally lol silly white knights Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 10:40 AM
jonnierockets20
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thiago is a draw no matter where he goes. Huge asset to any org and one of my favorite fighters. I don't think he knows how much of a draw he is. Once he signs with another org, he will find out. Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 11:05 AM
noisebully

iHateTheUG - 
noisebully - if the ufc is ever gonna be taken seriously they need to act as such. cutting a guy before he's proven guilty of anything and before knowing the story from both sides etc is just silly.

Do you take the NFL serious?

Because the patriots cut Aaron Hernandez before he was even charged for his crimes. Phone Post 3.0

so much wrong with your message. for starters the dude is being investigated for several MURDERS and the circumstance are to say the least, troubling. second of all, he wasn't "cut"/"banned" from the nfl, he was let go from his team. all that's been said is that he's not allowed to sign any nfl contract right as the investigation is pending.

same logic could be applied to thiago's case. not allowed any fights within the ufc until a verdict. if it takes too long, he could be asked to be cut to be able to compete somewhere else etc.
3/8/14 11:32 AM
noisebully

KING Stannis Baratheon - 
Rob San Soo - For every real abuse case I bet money there's about 10 bs ones. I been to court for a buddy I seen the cases and bs . Heck I don't even know a chick that's been abused but I know a hand full of dudes that been f over royally lol silly white knights Phone Post 3.0

So for every real abuse you bet money theres 10 bullshit ones? and you base this off going to court once?

I mean.. that along with the fact you dont even know a chick thats been abused practically makes you an expert on the matter.

Id take you up on your bet but I doubt you have any money worth taking.

lol excellent.
3/8/14 11:32 AM
Kimbos Lice
225 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So Thiago never put a gun in her mouth??? Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.