UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Guillard: I will be UFC champion

3/8/14 2:46 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ABE FROMAN
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No you will not. All the tools, none of the heart.

3/8/14 3:07 AM
inf0
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NOPE

3/8/14 4:59 AM
KrisDonahoo
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tonywsimpson - In for when MJ derails melvins hopes and dreams train. Phone Post 3.0
This. Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 5:07 AM
FETT_buchu8oolong
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am rooting for MJ.

But I will give Melvin at least a little credit asking for a top 5 opponent first, before proclaiming this (yet to happen) win puts him in any sort of line for a title.

In Guillard terms, it's a baby step forward. I'm also still glad he's not cut. Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 5:42 AM
HexRei
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Remember when Clementi destroyed him? And Joe Daddy beat him in like ten seconds or something? DOn't get me wrong, Guillard can knock anyone silly at any time of the day, but he is not well-rounded or dedicated enough to be a champion.
3/8/14 6:45 AM
DreamerMMA
572 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts, LLC, Moderator

I like watching Melvin fight, he's a dangerous fight for anyone.

Not many people have his combination of power, speed, reach and accuracy with their hands.  He is a savage on his feet and I imagine he's been working on his ground game. 

3/8/14 6:58 AM
IROCK
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah nah...Melvin is a gatekeeper plain and simply,potential to be really exciting,sure,but he missed his opportunity and truthfully he doesn't have the heart to be UFC champion . Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 7:05 AM
razrtyrone

So..... People would be happier if he said "I'm not that good and will never be champ, come watch me get my ass kicked on Saturday, might win if I get lucky. Peace" Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 7:06 AM
GelderdEnd

I like Melvin but he's lost 4 of his last 6 if you don't count the Pearson fight Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 7:18 AM
IROCK
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah his wolfie tickets need to be a little more believable. Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 7:38 AM
Bay Area

Mark Hunts Pet Monkey - If he hasn't found consistency at this point, he ain't finding it. He will continue to run hot and cold throughout the rest of his career. Always entertaining but not champion material. Phone Post 3.0
Agreed. He is definitely exciting but not well rounded in all areas. After these losses you would think he would be humbled. The Lauzon fight should've been a learning experience but instead he seems to take it as a fluke. Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 8:33 AM
Hunto's Huckleberries

He's been a idiot since he was on tuf. He's not even a gatekeeper. he's the guy they feed to gatekeepers when they need a win. Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 8:44 AM
tres_equis_666
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://i.imgur.com/bnURFd5.png Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 9:29 AM
Chupacabro
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

people talk about him not being well rounded , but it's more than that. There have been plenty of stand-up matches in which he has looked tentative, or just plain lazy. I think his problem is mental. Qhen he is confident, he can be the attacking savage that many consider him to be. But even then, it is the physical advantages he possesses that overwhelm his opponents. He does not have great gameplans.

Other times he appears to lose confidence and won't even rely on his athleticism. If he had a gameplan that he trusted and could execute, his confidence would not falter so often and he would be more able to trust his gifts.

He reminds me a lot of Anthony Johnson a few years ago. Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 9:32 AM
YHTOMIT2001
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighter shows confidence in himself, fans shit on him. Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 10:42 AM
jonnierockets20
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Has all the potential, but the competition has more at this point. Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 10:45 AM
jonnierockets20

YHTOMIT2001 - Fighter shows confidence in himself, fans shit on him. Phone Post 3.0
Good point. As a fighter, if you don't have an annoying amount of self-confidence then you should consider coaching. Melvin is solid and can stop anyone in a blink of an eye. He has to stay mentally strong as a competitor Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 3:24 PM
BshMstr
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i've always been impressed with Melvin's speed and athleticism, but he's getting old, in fight years. he's been a pro for 12 years, and has been inconsistent against top guys in his division...

i think he's got a couple good fights left in him, but i just don't see him stringing together enough wins to get a title shot. even if he beats MJ, i would expect him to get 2 more wins against top 10 guys...
3/8/14 3:33 PM
GarlicSenior

I think if Melvin was gonna be champion he would've been champion awhile ago. He has the physical talent to get there but he doesn't' put it together enough mentally to get to the strap imo.
3/8/14 4:27 PM
BackOffWarchild
404 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chupacabro - people talk about him not being well rounded , but it's more than that. There have been plenty of stand-up matches in which he has looked tentative, or just plain lazy. I think his problem is mental. Qhen he is confident, he can be the attacking savage that many consider him to be. But even then, it is the physical advantages he possesses that overwhelm his opponents. He does not have great gameplans.

Other times he appears to lose confidence and won't even rely on his athleticism. If he had a gameplan that he trusted and could execute, his confidence would not falter so often and he would be more able to trust his gifts.

He reminds me a lot of Anthony Johnson a few years ago. Phone Post 3.0

VTFU for an accurate post.  Melvin did exactly what you described, he backpedaled and was to gunshy to exchange and score points or a finish.  Other than one big uppercut in the first, Melvin had ZERO offense.  He gave that away and wants to blame the ref.

3/8/14 4:37 PM
TheGreatGodMARS
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Johnson is my new favorite athletic black guy.
3/8/14 10:55 PM
BigSleep
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

biva - 
BigSleep -
Petey B - Eluded not alluded. Also, no he won't unless his grappling magically becomes awesome. Phone Post 3.0

It's a mental thing as much or more than his grappling.
No it's definately his grappling Phone Post 3.0

Nope.
3/8/14 11:48 PM
MyGodThisMMA
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MyGodThisMMA - Nope
. Phone Post 3.0
3/9/14 7:57 PM
Skillrules
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

frowny face

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.