UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> So Australia is getting blacked out again this WE

3/8/14 1:03 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Joemacka
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you dont have foxtel your fucked. Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 2:27 AM
jwistead
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joemacka - If you dont have foxtel your fucked. Phone Post 3.0

I don't want to be an argumentative little bitch, but if you don't have Foxtel, it's Foxtel that's fucked. There are always other options... can't stop the Internet. In spite of what Dana or anyone else may tell you, they *do* need your dollar.
3/8/14 2:46 AM
GeorgJonesSilva
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gus vs Manuwa is on fox sports 1 live tomorrow at 7 am Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 3:22 AM
bricht07

DFWcholesterol -
Sir Psycho Sexy -
SasquatchShaman - I'm in Australia for a little and you guys get shafted down here...
You can't watch anything
Huh? I've never missed any of the free events, they're always on foxtel.

OP what you talking about? The fights are on fox. Phone Post 3.0
Not everyone has fox Phone Post 3.0
Then stop being a poor cunt and get fox Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 3:24 AM
bricht07

onandon - Fight Pass can go suck my dick.

I'm going to pirate the shit out of this because I have no other way of accessing it.

Foxtel can also suck my dick.

Australians are really getting fucked over with Fight Pass, I get that I'll have access to old fights and what not but that's basically it, I've been barred from 80% of the live content because of stupid broadcasting agreements. Defeats the whole purpose of this thing.
It's on tv? Hence the blackout online! Get foxtel Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 3:46 AM
onandon

Foxtel isn't the answer here, the whole reason for a platform like Fight Pass was to bypass all this bullshit but we're getting straight up screwed.

3/8/14 3:59 AM
slamming

Broadcast rights for foxtel are going to greatly devalue fight pass as most the events will be blacked out here! The main reason I kept it this month was for that fight card haha Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 4:03 AM
BobSherob
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Go to your local pub and watch it for free. Plus they usually have drink specials. Woohoo. Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 4:09 AM
daveohhh

Any Aussie know how I can watch the Gus fight. This sucks!!!!!!! Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 4:10 AM
bricht07

onandon - Foxtel isn't the answer here, the whole reason for a platform like Fight Pass was to bypass all this bullshit but we're getting straight up screwed.

Foxtel have the rights and probably always will in Australia so get foxtel or don't complain Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 4:13 AM
daveohhh

bricht07 -
onandon - Foxtel isn't the answer here, the whole reason for a platform like Fight Pass was to bypass all this bullshit but we're getting straight up screwed.

Foxtel have the rights and probably always will in Australia so get foxtel or don't complain Phone Post 3.0
Bro..... It isn't on foxtel tonight???? Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 4:21 AM
daveohhh

NeilDiamond - Lol. Its on foxtel. Not a blackout just because you're poor. Phone Post 3.0
It's not on foxtel? What time and channel then...., I'm looking now Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 5:12 AM
onandon

NeilDiamond - Lol. Its on foxtel. Not a blackout just because you're poor. Phone Post 3.0

Thanks for the contribution dickhead. If you want, send me a PM and I'll let you shout me a couple months free since you're a baller ^__~

--

It's 2014, the reason the UFC went for the Fight Pass thing was to try and get people away from streaming illegal content. All the UFC does is fuck themselves over because anyone without Foxtel (like my poor self) will be forced to stream something they would otherwise be willing to pay money to see.

Again, fuck Foxtel - I don't even bother with free to air TV anymore, I can get everything online INSTANTLY, whether I want to pay for it or not. I'm willing to pay for UFC content, but the way they have it set up for me right now makes it more valuable to illegally stream content than to bother to pay a monthly subscription.

3/8/14 5:51 AM
Sir Psycho Sexy
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's fight pass have to do with anything? The fights were never shown on free to air anyway. Or were they? Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 6:19 AM
UnderTheGround

Sir Psycho Sexy - What's fight pass have to do with anything? The fights were never shown on free to air anyway. Or were they? Phone Post 3.0
We don't pay for free cards lol Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 6:20 AM
UnderTheGround

UnderTheGround -
Sir Psycho Sexy - What's fight pass have to do with anything? The fights were never shown on free to air anyway. Or were they? Phone Post 3.0
Oh I see what you are saying now. Correct, however onehd showed versus cards a few years back.

OP: if you don't have foxtel, how did you watch these cards prior to fight pass? Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 6:39 AM
war wand
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aussies cannot view these here ultimate fight nights on fight pass because they have an exclusive deal with foxtel and fuel tv.

You used to be able to buy these shows via ufc.tv for $10 but since fight pass has come in they're all blacked out Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 7:22 AM
onandon

UnderTheGround - 
UnderTheGround -
Oh I see what you are saying now. Correct, however onehd showed versus cards a few years back.

OP: if you don't have foxtel, how did you watch these cards prior to fight pass? Phone Post 3.0

I would watch most cards at pubs with friends, some I would need to stream (eg. smaller cards friends would have no interest in, had to watch solo) and would buy PPVs if they were worthy.

Something like Fight Pass appeals to me, if it offers me easy (high quality) access to live content. Well, the idea appeals to me, but the reality is pretty shitty.

Fact is, that how it stands right now, it's much easier for me to just stick to stream sites. When I use Fight Pass, I don't know what part of a card I'm going to be able to watch, or whether I'll be able to watch it all. It's frustrating.
3/8/14 7:39 AM
Tobed0g

Just after the Fox deal you could watch thr Fox cards on One HD Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 7:44 AM
BobSherob
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tobed0g - Just after the Fox deal you could watch thr Fox cards on One HD Phone Post 3.0
Yeah but that stopped a long time ago. They have old bellator cards on one hd from time to time, but no ufc Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 8:56 AM
bricht07

daveohhh -
bricht07 -

Its on 7 am on fuel tv! Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 8:57 AM
bricht07

bricht07 -
daveohhh -
bricht07 -

Its on 7 am on fuel tv! Phone Post 3.0
Or 4 am depending were you live Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 8:58 AM
bricht07

NeilDiamond - Lol. Its on foxtel. Not a blackout just because you're poor. Phone Post 3.0
Ahah my thoughts exactly people whinging just need to stop being such cheap cunts and get foxtel!
I never miss a card foxtel iq takes care of that for me Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 9:08 AM
slamming

The issue is that people are paying $10 a month and it's not giving them free cards.  That in more cases than not, means that fightpass is largely pointless in Australia.

People arent going to shell out for foxtel (if they dont already have it) for just the UFC.   

3/8/14 9:16 AM
onandon

bricht07 - 
Ahah my thoughts exactly people whinging just need to stop being such cheap cunts and get foxtel!
I never miss a card foxtel iq takes care of that for me Phone Post 3.0

Why be a cunt for?

Foxtel is turd, yes you might get the UFC in HD, but that's the only thing, right now, that I'd ever want to have from Foxtel. Doesn't justify me spending 50+ a month for some bullshit bundle of channels I'll have no interest in. I watch EVERYTHING online now, the TV (Foxtel included) is filled with shit.

I'm guessing you guys are over 30, so whatever. Do what you gotta do but really, but Fight Pass should give Aussies a good marjoirty of access to non-PPV cards, not small chunks they decide not to air on Foxtel.

Don't be dicks about it because you have access to something many people don't.

All I'm trying to do is point out that us Aussies who don't have Foxtel, are getting a raw deal with the Fight Pass. Not only is a shit deal for us, it forces possible consumers to rely on illegal streams to watch content that they would otherwise gladly pay for.

My point is valid, Foxtel can suck dick and you dickheads who are trying to be smart about it need to fuck off.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.