UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Should Dana apologize for jumping the GUN wThiago?

3/8/14 3:12 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
civ77
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No es normal.
3/8/14 4:42 AM
ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ShoreBreaker420 - People get slapped on the wrist all the time in other sports that Dana has a big cow over, Paul Daley example.. How many times do you see a pro football player smack another player after the clock stops, all the fucking time and Paul gets a life ban lol, Silva gets arrested and is fired before even seeing the judge?? Oh man ones of theses days all the kings horses and all the Kings men won't be there to save that egg Phone Post 3.0
If you can't see the difference between what Daley did and an nfl player between whistles does then all logic is lost upon you. Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 4:49 AM
BigSleep
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ShoreBreaker420 - People get slapped on the wrist all the time in other sports that Dana has a big cow over, Paul Daley example.. How many times do you see a pro football player smack another player after the clock stops, all the fucking time and Paul gets a life ban lol, Silva gets arrested and is fired before even seeing the judge?? Oh man ones of theses days all the kings horses and all the Kings men won't be there to save that egg Phone Post 3.0

Oh, Shorebreaker420!
3/8/14 4:52 AM
biva
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No. Absolutely not.
Innocent until proven guilty, but this is pretty much open and shut. He walked into a gym, threatened a guy with a gun and then put his own house in a seige and resisted arrest. He's on bail until his sentencing.

And just because the NBA and NFL are too faggoty to make their athletes bear responsibility doesn't mean the UFC should be. Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 7:13 AM
fatshitsu
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lux Fixxins - 
Pmclean1188 - I say yes. Innocent till proven guilty in America. Courts should have made the first move. Not his employer. They could have sat back and waited and everyone would have understood the position Phone Post 3.0
Jesus Christ sometimes the UG really fucking sucks. Phone Post 3.0

Shut up you ignorant cunthole.
3/8/14 7:22 AM
fanat

When was the last time Dana White apologized for anything? Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 7:25 AM
IROCK
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No,Thiago's actions were all over the net,media needed a decisive action and got it.It was warranted. Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 8:43 AM
shatefak

I hope he gets his life back on track. Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 9:31 AM
PunchesandKicks

He recently a one year ban from competition due to steroid use. Within a year of being reinstated this happens. Great fighter, but from a business perspective UFC is doing the right thing Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 10:42 AM
Pmclean1188

Ramsey - Op is a pussy Phone Post 3.0
?? Explain Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 10:45 AM
Acecool72

No he didn't jump the gun he had an armed standoff with the cops and they had to call in the swat team if he had just givin himself up after the altercation and didn't barricade himself in his house with a gun it might have been different Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 11:00 AM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some guys are fucking goofs. Thiago's wife has a mean body on her though. Ow!

3/8/14 11:01 AM
justinbiebersmyboyfriend
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Op should apologize for being a cock gobbler Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 11:16 AM
GroundStPound

Thiago is gonna jump the gun with Dana...there's no saying sorry! Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 11:18 AM
K DEAN

Is he facing gun charges bc I heard no gun was found, and if he did all this at the gym, why did mrs silva say he put gun in her mouth and threw her to the sofa?? How did she get from the gym to his house? Did she jump in the car w him after he pulled the gun out at the gym??? This story is shaky, and 25k is kinda low bail for such a violent offense Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 11:21 AM
Molsonmuscle360
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If I was arrested for threatining my wife with a gun, I would guarantee you I wouldn't have a job tomorrow.  So why the fuck should Thiago?

3/8/14 11:26 AM
NiteProwleR
1278 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He should apologize for taking away Palhares from us.
3/8/14 11:41 AM
noisebully

iHateTheUG - Should the patriots/NFL say sorry to Aaron Hernandez? I mean he hasn't been proven guilty yet. Phone Post 3.0

lol i knew it had to be the same guy that said the same stupid shit in the other thread about this. learn the difference between a possible multiple homocide maniac and an over the top upset husband learning he's wife has been cheating with his friend and former trainer.

and again, hernandez isn't banned from the nfl, he just can't play for any team until a verdict comes and he's proven innocent.
3/8/14 11:52 AM
iHateTheUG

noisebully -
iHateTheUG - Should the patriots/NFL say sorry to Aaron Hernandez? I mean he hasn't been proven guilty yet. Phone Post 3.0

lol i knew it had to be the same guy that said the same stupid shit in the other thread about this. learn the difference between a possible multiple homocide maniac and an over the top upset husband learning he's wife has been cheating with his friend and former trainer.

and again, hernandez isn't banned from the nfl, he just can't play for any team until a verdict comes and he's proven innocent.
Lol and like I said in the other thread you're do butt hurt at dana it just makes you look mentally challenged.

Thiago silva released from his contract because he was in what was reported as a armed stand off with police and wanted for attempted murder.

Aaron Hernandez is arrested in questioning for murder, at the time he was released by the patriots he wasn't facing any charges. Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 12:07 PM
hendofanforlife
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He is still facing a decade in jail.he is out on bond. its not like hes been cleared. he just finally convinced a judge hes not dangerous enough to continue no bail. his charges have been downgraded from the original but its stil very serious.  

Broward county is not exactly known as being light on violent offenders either.  

3/8/14 12:11 PM
AmericanHero
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why would Dana White need to apologize? Thiago's wife had an affair and Thiago did some things that led to him getting arrested. Even if Thiago gets off (in the end most charges will probably be dropped but he will get some charge, maybe a little jail), there is no doubt Thiago deserved to be arrested on that day.

Do you realize how tenuous the UFC's business is right now? Do you see the falling PPV numbers? The lack of interest? The lack of ratings? The company can not afford to be making headlines because its fighters are accused of holding guns to women's heads. That is beyond obvious.

Now maybe you really like Thiago or really hate women and so you are hoping she is just lying, but if you think what the UFC did is wrong, you have no business sense at all.
3/8/14 12:18 PM
jasonhightower
199 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kid Salami -

Should have suspended him indefinitely.

I agree with this. But why would Dana apologize to a fighter who was granted bond? Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 12:28 PM
ima zombie
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah but when has Dana held his tongue on something like this Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 1:26 PM
Vulva Fabulous
775 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

K DEAN - Is he facing gun charges bc I heard no gun was found, and if he did all this at the gym, why did mrs silva say he put gun in her mouth and threw her to the sofa?? How did she get from the gym to his house? Did she jump in the car w him after he pulled the gun out at the gym??? This story is shaky, and 25k is kinda low bail for such a violent offense Phone Post 3.0
I haven't read any updates, but I do seem to remember hearing that the police could not find a gun on him or at his residence. I also seem to recall that as far as being hit with a tazer, it was a matter of the police following police procedure when apprehending somebody that is considered an extreme physical threat to the arresting officers....regardless of whether the police had confirmed that Silva had a weapon or not. He's a large, slightly mentally unhinged at the time of the incident and a world class MMA fighter. Unfortunately, because of everything that the police were aware of at the time (true or not true), there really wasn't any chance of him NOT getting tazed at that point, regardless of how much he was cooperating.

Let's not forget. At the time of Thiago's arrest, all that the police knew was what was originally being reported. The story originally broke saying that Silva stormed into an MMA gym filled with students(fighters) and trainers(fighters) with a hand gun drawn & visible, looking for his ex wife(fighter) & ex coach(fighter). Then, he started threatening a school full of fighters with a gun. The original story claimed that he said he'd kill everybody there if his "ex's" didn't show. Then, in the middle of this episode of murderous rage, his ex wife was able to calm him down enough to get him outside so that she could run back inside and lock the door. After that he apparently drove home and waited for the police to take him.

Looking back at the story, it seems to be highly exaggerated. I don't know if that's what the ex's claimed happened in order to get a speedy reaction from the police, or if it's just a case of the media doing what they do best.....sensationalizing the story to the Nth degree to grab an audience.

Either way, that's what the arresting officers were dealing with at the time. A crazy tattoo'd pro MMA fighter that walked into an mma gym full of MMA/BJJ students and trainers with 1 pistol threatening to kill everybody.

I don't know. I refuse to pass judgement until everything comes out. I'm sure the truth lies somewhere between the initial reports to reports that there never was a gun and he was simply beeping the horn in his car so many times that the other businesses got extremely annoyed, so his ex wife came outside and made him leave.

Somewhere in the middle is the truth, it's just a matter of who's sorry is closer to the truth IMO. Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 1:28 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

Acecool72 - No he didn't jump the gun he had an armed standoff with the cops and they had to call in the swat team if he had just givin himself up after the altercation and didn't barricade himself in his house with a gun it might have been different Phone Post 3.0
He absolutely did not have an armed stand off with the cops. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.