UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> If Gus loses, what's next for him?

3/8/14 6:45 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tilla
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DC, maybe?
3/8/14 6:47 AM
DyldoWilly

I think moving his camp to Washington would be good for him too Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 7:16 AM
UGCTT_CrestRio
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He is in a lose lose situation really. If he wins, his next fight wont be as anticipated, unless for the title, because its on FightPass. This is going to take sort of a toll on his drawing power he gained from his last fight

If he loses, he may possibly stay on FightPass. FOX has Bendo and Mighty Mouse as their key go to, FightPass might get that type of fighter as well. Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 7:22 AM
IROCK
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man Posterboy is a dangerous opponent...props to Gus for taking this fight,he definitely could have taken an easier fight.Jimmy is the dark horse at 205. Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 7:33 AM
Jo'donnell-Davies
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Monsieur wonderful Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 7:41 AM
nostripe

Loser of Davis vs Johnson would make sense. Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 8:29 AM
noisebully

its not a lose/lose. if he wins he gets the title fight, thats 99.9% certain. if he loses he suffers the same things as anyone who loses, he'll need to get back and win again.

the fact that gus is a heavy favorite suggests more of the win outcome than the lose one in the situation. the fact that gus almost won over jones will make him a title contender for as long as jones is a champ no matter if gus loses today or not.
3/8/14 8:31 AM
shatefak

Gus has an iron chin and hes better everywhere. Hes not losing this fight unless he gets injured. Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 8:43 AM
theshooter
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It will practically be a crime if Gus does not get a rematch with Jon Jones.
3/8/14 9:02 AM
malryan

No way jones agrees to rematch gus, he won't fight cormier either. He will probably fight phil davis after glover, assuming phil beats johnson of course. Jones will carefully avoid anyone who can cause him problems, I think the fight with gus was a real eye opener for him and I also think keeping the belt is more of a priority than fighting the best guys in the world. We'll see though, it'll be an interesting year for Jones. Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 10:02 AM
Tilla

So Jones is the UFC's answer to Mayweather?
3/8/14 11:09 AM
noisebully

malryan - No way jones agrees to rematch gus, he won't fight cormier either. He will probably fight phil davis after glover, assuming phil beats johnson of course. Jones will carefully avoid anyone who can cause him problems, I think the fight with gus was a real eye opener for him and I also think keeping the belt is more of a priority than fighting the best guys in the world. We'll see though, it'll be an interesting year for Jones. Phone Post 3.0

sine when did title holders get to choose their opponents in the ufc? it didnt work out for gsp, anderson or anyone else.

jones is facing gus next. dana white has been pretty clear on that several times. the fans want it, the ufc wants it and one could give a flying fuck if jones doesn't want it.
3/8/14 11:20 AM
RampageFitsLikeAGlove

noisebully - 
malryan - No way jones agrees to rematch gus, he won't fight cormier either. He will probably fight phil davis after glover, assuming phil beats johnson of course. Jones will carefully avoid anyone who can cause him problems, I think the fight with gus was a real eye opener for him and I also think keeping the belt is more of a priority than fighting the best guys in the world. We'll see though, it'll be an interesting year for Jones. Phone Post 3.0

sine when did title holders get to choose their opponents in the ufc? it didnt work out for gsp, anderson or anyone else.

jones is facing gus next. dana white has been pretty clear on that several times. the fans want it, the ufc wants it and one could give a flying fuck if jones doesn't want it.

And Jones has publically stated that he expects to fight Gus 5 times over his career. Malryan just went full stupid.
3/9/14 12:55 AM
malryan

RampageFitsLikeAGlove -
noisebully - 

And Jones has publically stated that he expects to fight Gus 5 times over his career. Malryan just went full stupid.
Read the story on the front page of UG news and tell me again that jon isn't looking for a way to avoid gus and dc, he even mentions fighting the winner of phil vs anthony in his quote. Jones is scared of losing that belt and will try and find a way to weasel out of any fight with an opponent that could legitimately give him problems. Phone Post 3.0
3/10/14 6:40 AM
noisebully

malryan - 
RampageFitsLikeAGlove -
noisebully - 

Read the story on the front page of UG news and tell me again that jon isn't looking for a way to avoid gus and dc, he even mentions fighting the winner of phil vs anthony in his quote. Jones is scared of losing that belt and will try and find a way to weasel out of any fight with an opponent that could legitimately give him problems. Phone Post 3.0

doesn't matter what jones wants though. in the end, it's the decision of the ufc and there is no way in hell the ufc isn't gonna schedule a rematch of a fight that was fight of the year the year before, especially when 99% of all ufc fans wants it.
3/10/14 10:01 AM
RampageFitsLikeAGlove

malryan - 
RampageFitsLikeAGlove -
noisebully - 

As stated above, he fights who the UFC wants him to fight. Always has.

And Phil Davis is much more worthy than Gustaffson. He should be getting the shot. He's 9-1-1 in the UFC, will be on a 4 fight win streak if he beats Rumble, and has finished Gustaffson.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.