UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Royce confirms altercation with Eddie

3/31/14 12:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MoomBah
378 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/31/14 12:32 PM

Seems like the Eddie Bravo vs. Gracie family rivalry won’t end after Metamoris 3.

Eleven years after Bravo’s historical submission victory over Royler Gracie at ADCC,they fought to a draw in a 20-minute, submission-only match at Metamoris 3 in Los Angeles, Calif., but the result wasn’t enough for Royce Gracie.

According to a report on the Underground, Royce Gracie went backstage looking for Bravo after the 20-minute match, and the MMA legend confirmed the story to MMAFighting.com.

"I wanted to talk to him for years, but never had the chance to meet him," Royce Gracie told MMAFighting.com on Monday. "I met him after the fight and he was there, throwing up. Royler dominated him so much, he did so much strength, that he threw up after the fight."

Royce Gracie said he liked what Bravo said on the mat after the rematch, but wasn’t happy with the comments he made about jiu-jitsu and the Gracie family in the past.

"I told him that I liked what he said after the fight, but didn’t like the fact that he always talked trash about Royler and my family," he said. "He stood up and started yelling, so I also raised the tone of my voice and told him I didn’t like it."

"He said he always gave my family credit, but I know it’s not true," Gracie continued. "He always talks trash about my family. Enough with this s---. He said he never talked bad about my family and he always gave us credit. He kept raising the tone of his voice, and I told him to shut up, so Jean Jacques (Machado) came in, said we didn’t need this and asked (Bravo) to leave."

Royce Gracie hasn’t competed in a grappling match since a controversial loss to Hidehiko Yoshida at PRIDE in 2002, and he won’t consider competing against Eddie Bravo in a future edition of Metamoris. However, he wouldn’t rule out a MMA fight with Bravo.

"Can we slap each other? Can we beat each other?" Gracie replied a laugh when asked if he’d accept to fight Bravo at Metamoris.

"I’m a vale-tudo fighter. I’m not a fighter to score points of fight with time limit. Let’s (fight) with no time limit and with punches allowed. I’m a vale-tudo fighter, I don’t compete in (grappling) tournaments."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/3/31/5566840/royce-gracie-confirms-altercation-with-eddie-bravo-at-metamoris-3

3/31/14 12:34 PM
MoomBah
378 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He said Royler dominated lol.

3/31/14 12:36 PM
xtonyiscoolx
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Royler dominated him much..." Huh? I wonder if I watched the wrong one? Phone Post 3.0
3/31/14 12:36 PM
ArthurKnoqOut
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's a true sign of delusion when you think Royler won because Eddie was throwing up after the fight ....like...OMFG
3/31/14 12:37 PM
Mr Spliff

Dude lives in his own little world. I used to have so much hespect for Royce. At this point he is a joke to me... Phone Post 3.0
3/31/14 12:41 PM
DJmixmasterMobbie

idk how anyone can respect someone who is so delusional
3/31/14 12:41 PM
ChaosOverkill
473 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/31/14 12:43 PM

That whole paragraph is coloured completely from a bitter sad man's point of view.

If he thinks that Royler dominated, that probably means the entire dressing room on their side does too. Battle lines just got drawn darker because stark raving insanity.

"But I know he does" how about reference to some proof Mr. Bitter?

3/31/14 12:42 PM
DeviLDog10
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dominating? Royce must have been drunk. This event would have been perfect if it wasnt for Royce.

If Eddie Bravo only used strength.... doesn't technique override strength according to zhew-zitsu?

It was an incredible display if jiu-jitsu from Eddie and Royler. Its a shame what Royce did. Phone Post 3.0
3/31/14 12:43 PM
zebers3
412 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This guy also won, until he threw up, which means he lost I guess.

jagen

Embarrassing to be a Gracie these days...All the older guys ruining it for everyone, acting like childs.
bigtreechris
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His vale-tudo getting to throw punches style didn't help him much against Matt Hughes. Phone Post 3.0
3/31/14 12:48 PM
VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT

His comments are laughable. Has Eddie even made disparaging remarks towards the Gracies? I've never heard that. Phone Post 3.0
3/31/14 12:50 PM
Pitbull3744

I lost respect for Royce  a LOOOOOOONG time ago.  The guy dominated when no one knew how to defend BJJ as soon as people learned he fucking sucked and didnt win shit.  Matt Hughes beat the fucking shit out of him, and out grappled him. 

Royce is a legend in a time where no one knew BJJ Prime Royce beats barely anyone today.  

3/31/14 12:51 PM
Arlovskis Chin
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Please Royce. This is ridiculous. I'm almost begging you not to say another word on the matter. Try and brush this under the carpet and act like it never happened.

I genuinely feel sorry for eddie. He always pays respects to the lineage. What did Royce want him to do?

It's childish and embarassing. Phone Post 3.0
3/31/14 12:56 PM
homieCNTRL
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/31/14 4:04 PM
Someone tell Royce to shut his fucking mouth up! The guy hasn't been relevant in bjj or mma in YEARS and the last time he thought he could still hang, he got pounded out flat by Hughes. Eddie's has nothing but the utmost respect for the Gracie's, always giving credit where its due. Who the fuck is Royce? All he does is go around talking shit about everyone and everything. This is the same guy who talked shit about his own family and lied about using steriods (and got caught) Royce's mma is horrible, the guy made his name beating up a bunch of cans.
Go fuck yourself!
3/31/14 12:57 PM
Aaronrodgers=GOAT
600 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Later Phone Post 3.0
3/31/14 12:57 PM
Chris
349 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, COO

so can we say now that my 'source' for the original piece yesterday was accurate?

3/31/14 12:58 PM
Dead President
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did he pass the piss test? Phone Post 3.0
Internet
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man. That's some Brazilian beach squabble shit.

Does anyone know what he's referring to with Eddie trash talking? I've never heard him trash the Gracies at all. Phone Post 3.0
BurnMyEyes
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i hope the film crews backstage caught this on tape.
3/31/14 1:00 PM
JToller
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Gracie Delusion strikes again! Phone Post 3.0
3/31/14 1:02 PM
VTCO
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe Royce can recreate the confrontation and sell it on DVD for only $19.99 + tax/S&H.
3/31/14 1:05 PM
teamquestnorth

BurnMyEyes - i hope the film crews backstage caught this on tape.
Someone said that bravo had a film crew back there filmingbforva documentary and they caught it on tape Phone Post 3.0
Agent_Doakes_Aint_no_Jokes
253 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is embarrassing. Royce needs to sit out the next couple of plays there...
temujen
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris -

so can we say now that my 'source' for the original piece yesterday was accurate?

I think it's fair to say that further corroboration is needed. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.