UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bravo: Royce F@$%ing Gracie wants to fight me!

3/31/14 4:34 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

This weekend 10 Planet Jiu-Jitsu founder Eddie Bravo had an epic 20 minute Jiu-Jitsu match with the most accomplished sport competitor of the Gracie brothers - Royler.

The contest could only won via submission, and there was no submission. However, as the saying goes, the uniforms and the rules may change, but it's all wrestling. Wrestling is humankind's oldest sport, and it always come down to a biblical standard - "Whose will be done?"

Eddie Bravo pulled a Quarter Guard, patiently worked to a Lockdown, and then put on a 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu clinic, with a domination series of sweeps and submissions, that would have crippled nearly any other grappler on the planet.

His will was done.

Afterwards, a heated UFC Hall of Famer Royce Gracie, brother to Royler, confronted Bravo.

Bravo appeared on The MMA Hour, and discussed the match and what transpired after it.

"I thought I won," said Bravo, as transcribed by MMA Mania. "The headline on The Underground 20 minutes later was ‘Bravo dominates Gracie at Metamoris.' He actually thought it was a legit draw at the press conference. I was sitting there at the press conference saying, maybe I'm delusional. Then I got back on The Undergound, and it was 90 percent, Eddie Bravo won, and Eddie Bravo dominated.'"

"After that match, after I got onstage, I was giving it up to the Gracies like I always have. I've always been super respectful of the Gracies. As a matter of fact, in my first book which came out in 2005, in the beginning, I write about them and give them the ultimate respect. I wanted to squash all these misconceptions that I'm against jiu-jitsu, and I'm a jiu-jitsu traitor, and all this shit. It's incredible how things get twisted. ‘Oh he disrespected me and I dropped the gi.' I dropped the gi for jiu-jitsu, to make jiu-jitsu look better in the UFC. The UFC got me into jiu-jitsu; jiu-jitsu didn't get me into the UFC."

"I'm throwing up after the event, we went 20 hard minutes, I'm so emotional; my mom is there, I'm crying, it was just crazy. After it was all done, I felt like I had to throw up. I'm throwing up on the side of a tent...

"I hear this voice behind me, ‘It's good that you said these things about my family.' I'm like who is this? I turn around, wipe throw up off my mouth and it's Royce Gracie, and he goes, ‘It's good that you're saying what you say because you used to talk s--- about my family.' And then I get up and I'm like ‘Dude, I never talked s--- on your family, who is telling you these lies?' And I go in my book, like I told him, my book in 2005, I thank you, and I'm pointing, I have my finger like, ‘I thank you. I thank Royler. I thank your father,' and he thought that was disrespectful, because I was like pointing at him, he goes ‘Don't point your finger at me! Don't disrespect me!' And he gets in my face like he wants to fight me, and Jean Jacques Machado, he separates us. Man, Royce Gracie wants to kick my ass? How cool is that!"

"He said I was throwing up because his brother dominated me, that's why I was throwing up. How hysterical is that?!"

"No, you know what, I don't think Metamoris would ever want me back to tell the truth. That show got more praise than any other grappling event ever. I haven't heard from Ralek Gracie at all. He hasn't called me or texted me or thanked me. I haven't heard from Ralek at all. I think he might be mad at me. Isn't that kind of weird? He's mad at me for something. I blew his show up. I blew it out of the water....I don't think Metamoris will ever have me back."

"He wants to do an MMA match with me, he doesn't want to do jiu-jitsu, he only wants to do MMA. I'm like, 'I don't even do MMA! What are you talking about?' Either way, it's hilarious that Royce f---ing Gracie wants to beat me up."

The match should go down as the Griffin vs. Bonnar of grappling.

?And Bravo's handling of the confrontation showed mastery of Jiu-Jitsu applied to life - deflecting unwarranted aggression with intelligence and good humor.

Bravo also announced that he will be promoting The Eddie Bravo Invitational, a 16-man submission event, on June 1st at the Florentine Gardens, in Los Angeles, CA. We will all be watching.

3/31/14 4:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MMA Playwright
722 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Settle it in the boxing ring, gentlemen.
3/31/14 4:36 PM
ShaneMillerBJJ
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My god this Eddie Brave Phone Post 3.0
3/31/14 4:38 PM
CaliKush
376 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

eddie just broke down all 20 minutes of the match on rogans podcast, look for some one to post it today. 

3/31/14 4:40 PM
RearNakedToke
205 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Playwright - Settle it in the boxing ring, gentlemen.
Main event for the next GLORY Phone Post 3.0
MushroomHead
294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It seems like a pretty big dick tuck to talk shit on a guy and his skills, then call him out....in a different sport. Like, if Mayweather was talking a bunch of shit on Andre Agassi and then called him out in a boxing match. Phone Post 3.0
BigSleep
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eddie is handling this well, it's hard not to like the guy.
3/31/14 4:41 PM
8flat
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Royce sounds butthurt over old rumors?

3/31/14 4:44 PM
Mertvaya Ruka
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eddie will have some really great opportunities because of his amazing performance, he deserves it.
3/31/14 4:46 PM
meatyman
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mertvaya Ruka - Eddie will have some really great opportunities because of his amazing performance, he deserves it.
Agreed! Phone Post 3.0
3/31/14 4:48 PM
ShanTheMan
787 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cmon Hoyce.....not while he is barfing and exhausted.....wtf Phone Post 3.0
3/31/14 4:49 PM
Kirik
1732 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor

I read every book  worth reading on MMA and BJJ, read the rss feeds from over 50 news sites, and google news alerts for "mixed martial arts" and "BJJ" and "Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu," and email with 1,000s of people, and talk face to face with at least hundreds of people, and run the UnderGround, and I have NEVER, EVER heard Eddie say anything derogatory about the Gracie family.

Be all up in arms about contrails or marijuana or soul patches or rock music, but it simply is not rational to be upset with Eddie Bravo about disrespecting the Gracie family - he is a HUGE supporter.

3/31/14 4:50 PM
Harold_Howard

This is embarrassing for Royce Phone Post 3.0
3/31/14 5:00 PM
youarewhatiswrong
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Playwright - Settle it in the boxing ring, gentlemen.

voted up.
3/31/14 5:00 PM
keiths
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

haha this has been the most entertainment ive had in the combat world in a while
3/31/14 5:04 PM
talkischeap
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn bravo broke it down sweet some great quotes in there . Rogan should b great tomorrow Phone Post 3.0
3/31/14 5:08 PM
David F

ShanTheMan - Cmon Hoyce.....not while he is barfing and exhausted.....wtf Phone Post 3.0

That was the main problem I had with it.

I've been on the receiving end of that... not fun. (minus barfing)
3/31/14 5:11 PM
Wes_Mantooth

I wasn't much of a fan of Eddie prior to this weekend, I am now.
3/31/14 5:13 PM
Jack Skellington
794 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Always been a big fan of Bravo's.
3/31/14 5:16 PM
MDubz

Royce is a nut bag, Eddie might as well disrespect him for real now by beating him too. Phone Post 3.0
3/31/14 5:18 PM
LateStart
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The new Gracie Hunter?
3/31/14 5:25 PM
KTX
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik -

I read every book  worth reading on MMA and BJJ, read the rss feeds from over 50 news sites, and google news alerts for "mixed martial arts" and "BJJ" and "Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu," and email with 1,000s of people, and talk face to face with at least hundreds of people, and run the UnderGround, and I have NEVER, EVER heard Eddie say anything derogatory about the Gracie family.

Be all up in arms about contrails or marijuana or soul patches or rock music, but it simply is not rational to be upset with Eddie Bravo about disrespecting the Gracie family - he is a HUGE supporter.

Chemtrails, bro. ;) Phone Post 3.0
3/31/14 5:28 PM
BurnMyEyes
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik - 

eddie just gave you props on rogan's podcast..when you going to be on rogan's podcast?
3/31/14 5:32 PM
Son of Neckbone
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They should settle this like real men, arm wrestling.
3/31/14 5:36 PM
Pablo Duke
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Classic Eddie! I love that attitude, taking it as a compliment that Royce would want to kick his ass... Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.