UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Camozzi gets crowd funding to help cancer patient

4/4/14 11:13 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1061 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

The sponsorship landscape in mixed martial arts has changed over the years and is not as lucrative as it used to be. Recently fighters have been finding others way, including Chris Camozzi who worked with Reddit to earn sponsorship money, but instead of keeping it for himself is donating it to a charitable cause:

UFC middleweight Chris Camozzi is a regular user of Reddit and saw the campaign to sponsor a fighter. He immediately took notice and decided to offer up a spot on his apparel for the upcoming fight he had against Andrew Craig at UFC Fight Night in Abu Dhabi. But instead of taking the sponsorship money for himself or to pay for his training camp, Camozzi wanted the Reddit users to donate all of the money raised to go to Gabe Santisteven, a young boy stricken with cancer to help pay for his medical bills.

"I read Reddit, I read the forums, I read the Underground whenever I have off time, especially about MMA. I'm an MMA addict, I can't get enough of it still no matter how long I've been in the sport. So I saw them talking about wanting to sponsor a UFC fighter, and I thought to myself, 'This is a good opportunity to work with these guys,' " Camozzi told FOX Sports. "It's a cool community, they're really cool guys, it's funny, it's entertaining. I posted on there and this kid Gabe, he's 9 years old and I met him at a local show here in Colorado that I work with and we've raised a little bit of money for him before. 

"He's got brain cancer, he's had a hell of a time, he's a tough little kid, and so he's fighting with cancer and chemotherapy and his mom takes care of him full time. So she's unable to work right now and medical bills can really stack up. I thought, 'Why don't we work this sponsorship where the guys and girls from Reddit, I'll wear their logo and in turn they make some donations to Gabe?' "

read entire article...

4/5/14 12:44 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
camozzi
697 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for the post Phone Post 3.0
4/5/14 1:09 AM
Chris
350 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, COO
How awesome! Phone Post 3.0
4/5/14 8:22 AM
MMAAdvertising
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT
4/5/14 9:18 AM
Bbr
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's awesome chris ! Phone Post 3.0
4/5/14 9:47 AM
FETT_TFK_El Pescadero
2373 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris is the man!! Phone Post 3.0
4/5/14 9:58 AM
bull7188
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

True class brother!!!
4/5/14 11:03 AM
Ingrained Media
183 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ingrained Media, President
ttt
4/5/14 11:30 AM
suess
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is awesome but I'm not surprised. Camozzi is great Phone Post 3.0
4/5/14 12:20 PM
camozzi
697 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ingrained Media - ttt
Thanks for having the idea to put these together Phone Post 3.0
4/5/14 12:37 PM
Ingrained Media
183 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ingrained Media, President
camozzi - 
Ingrained Media - ttt

We work for you and you are the one being generous, even now by sharing the credit. Honored to work for you.
4/5/14 2:27 PM
Il Duce
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That Camozzi seems like a decent guy. Phone Post 3.0
4/5/14 4:40 PM
UGCTT_sakurabas ear
210 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, really cool thing to do Chris. You're an inspiration, keep it up!

Kamikaze FTW! Phone Post 3.0
4/5/14 4:46 PM
ChaosOverkill
457 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Up there with GSP at the top of the class in the UFC, nice work Chris

4/5/14 4:55 PM
BooZe

Awesomeness Phone Post 3.0
4/5/14 4:59 PM
Pura Vida

He seems like a really awesome dude.
4/5/14 5:27 PM
Yogi the Bearcat
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fucking amazing guy. VU Phone Post 3.0
4/5/14 6:11 PM
Jack_Bauer
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome. Hopefully more fighters take note of this.

4/5/14 6:26 PM
FETT_TFK_El Pescadero
2373 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ingrained Media -
camozzi - 
Ingrained Media - ttt

We work for you and you are the one being generous, even now by sharing the credit. Honored to work for you.
You guys are both class acts, much respect!

Can't wait to watch you scrap next week!

Jas, breakfast burros n fights here Friday morning at 9am?

War Team Dreamy Eyes!! Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.