UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rousey: Cyborg not a woman, an 'it'

[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
4/18/14 4:47 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

A potential matchup between UFC champion Ronda Rousey and Cris Cyborg is the only women's fight anyone could talk about this year. Well that or a fight with Gina Carano.

Rousey recently spoke to Kevin Iole of Yahoo sports and spoke about both potential matchups:

Rousey said, "I totally adore Gina," and it would "be a privilege and an honor for me to fight her."

Rousey said she and her coach, Edmond Tarverdyan, believe Carano would pose a more significant challenge to her than Justino would.

"I've said before, I don't care if she's injecting horse semen into her eyeballs, I'll fight her, but that's just my personal decision," Rousey said. "But I can't make a decision for the whole division. I can't say it's the right thing. This girl has been on steroids for so long and [has been] injecting herself for so long that she's not even a woman anymore. She's an 'it.' It's not good for the women's division. It's not good at all.

"If she comes in the UFC and I beat the [expletive] out of her and then I retire and become an action movie star, then the UFC is still going to be stuck with her. The division could die. She could ruin the whole sport. Even though it's a fight a lot of people want to see, even if I beat the living crap out of her, it won't be good for the sport because then she'd still be in the UFC."

"I'd be honored to fight a competitor like Gina, who is an example of what real respect and honor is in the cage," Rousey said. "I really think with Cyborg taking all of those steroids and hormones and then going into the cage, it's like going in with a weapon. It's certainly very negligent, but it's also criminal. I believe, it really is. Promoting her would be promoting that act and I think it would be wrong in every way.

read entire article...

4/18/14 4:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
zackthewop
274 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pathetic Phone Post 3.0
4/18/14 4:54 PM
BeatonHauff
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Keep ducking Phone Post 3.0
4/18/14 4:55 PM
Malvert the Janitor
886 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope she still adores Gina after she comes in six pounds over...

: ) Phone Post 3.0
4/18/14 4:55 PM
Beluthunter
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

holy excuse maker batman!!
4/18/14 4:56 PM
Capnsavem
609 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She shouldn't talk about Cyborg if she isn't going to fight her. Phone Post 3.0
4/18/14 4:56 PM
kyle223
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy moly. What did I just read? Phone Post 3.0
4/18/14 4:58 PM
dubate
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Capnsavem - She shouldn't talk about Cyborg if she isn't going to fight her. Phone Post 3.0
That goes both ways. Until Cyborg shows that she can make 135 they should both just shut the fuck up about each other. Phone Post 3.0
4/18/14 5:00 PM
ShaneMillerBJJ
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know these examples aren't really the same but I think they're close enough to compare. Matt Mitrione gets shit about talking about Fallon Fox being a man and fighting women, which he could have picked his words better. Now Rousey calls Cyborg an "it" as an insult. Wanna bet she's not gonna hear anything from Zuffa? Phone Post 3.0
4/18/14 5:00 PM
mikerobmma
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I came here to vote down OP. Phone Post 3.0
4/18/14 5:01 PM
Mihow
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That was awesome

However I chortled at 'become a movie star' Phone Post 3.0
4/18/14 5:02 PM
KnockoutThoughts
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And that is the UFC women's Champion? Sounds terrified to me. If you're scared of Cyborg, say you're scared. Don't make up some bs to cover up your fear. If you are so sure you can kick her ass, then do it. Alot of talk for a fighter who has no intention of stepping in with the person she keeps talking about. F'n Rousey. Phone Post 3.0
4/18/14 5:08 PM
gambatte
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Always been a fan of rouseys judo and mental game. But this is just wrong. 1) It's the transgender equivalent of calling a gay person a faggot. 2) she is so obviously scared it's pathetic. Lets be real, in women's MMA there is 1 good striker, cyborg. The rest of them throw pitter patter bullshit, and even tate's weak punches had rousey thinking twice.
4/18/14 5:08 PM
jTheHybridwolff
182 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

An it lol says the former Homely Fat Girl :) Phone Post 3.0
4/18/14 5:09 PM
dubate
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ShaneMillerBJJ - I know these examples aren't really the same but I think they're close enough to compare. Matt Mitrione gets shit about talking about Fallon Fox being a man and fighting women, which he could have picked his words better. Now Rousey calls Cyborg an "it" as an insult. Wanna bet she's not gonna hear anything from Zuffa? Phone Post 3.0
One is a federally protected class of citizen. The other is just a woman who's taken so many steroids that it's tough to make the argument that she is still "feminine". If you look at her old pictures while she may not have been beautiful (I'm no Don Johnson myself) she was definitely feminine. Phone Post 3.0
4/18/14 5:11 PM
Nada MT
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If a male fighter, or any fighter for that matter, said such a derogatory statement they would be fined.
I doubt Dana's lapdog will have to pony up a nickle.
Shameful.

Extra points though for making me snort laugh at the "action movie star" statement. Phone Post 3.0
4/18/14 5:13 PM
Capnsavem
609 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dubate -
Capnsavem - She shouldn't talk about Cyborg if she isn't going to fight her. Phone Post 3.0
That goes both ways. Until Cyborg shows that she can make 135 they should both just shut the fuck up about each other. Phone Post 3.0
Right but Cyborg WANTS that fight. She needs to talk to keep herself relevant.... Rousey doesn't want it or need it. She should just be the champ and worry about who's actually in line. Phone Post 3.0
4/18/14 5:13 PM
MattyECB
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/18/14 5:13 PM

It would be an honor to fight a woman who's repeatedly missed weight at 140, hasn't fought in half a decade, and the last time she fought -- was destroyed by a much much much worse Cyborg who had yet to fully develop as a fighter, despite striking being the main bread and butter of Gina...

Look, I loved Carano, but she's the older generation of WMMA and didn't evolve after she chose to end her career. She's not only one dimensional, but now rusty and out of shape and very unlikely to even get near 135 (I think she fought at it like once for her first fight, and I KNOW she could barely handle 140, missing weight a ton of times)...

So ya, this fight is ludicrous. Stop pretending like this would even be a fight, it would be a sacrificial lamb slaughtering and passing of the torch to try and have Ronda absorb some of Carano's fame. I don't wanna see Rousey Shang Tsung Carano's swagger in a boring, one sided beatdown. I want to see a war between Ronda and her one real threat right now, Cyborg. In the very least give us a Cat Zingano or Holly Holme if they can get her into the UFC and proving herself against grapplers.

I mean fuck, I totally understand and respect that Carano would want a quick payday and Dana would want to cash in on this, but refusing Cyborg while saying Carano would be an honor just comes across as futtbuck retarded, and this is from a Rousey fan :/

4/18/14 5:14 PM
sosy1325
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh whatever, Ronda.
4/18/14 5:17 PM
RowdyBec
582 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gambatte - Always been a fan of rouseys judo and mental game. But this is just wrong. 1) It's the transgender equivalent of calling a gay person a faggot. 2) she is so obviously scared it's pathetic. Lets be real, in women's MMA there is 1 good striker, cyborg. The rest of them throw pitter patter bullshit, and even tate's weak punches had rousey thinking twice.
There is more than ONE division in womens mma & definatly some great strikers like Joanne Calderwood, Miriam Nakamoto, Holy Holmes, Michele Waterson, Tecia Torres
... just saying :) Phone Post 3.0
4/18/14 5:19 PM
greentrousers
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

did a double check if supercalo wrote that.
4/18/14 5:22 PM
MattyECB
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

donniejessup - 
dubate - 
ShaneMillerBJJ - I know these examples aren't really the same but I think they're close enough to compare. Matt Mitrione gets shit about talking about Fallon Fox being a man and fighting women, which he could have picked his words better. Now Rousey calls Cyborg an "it" as an insult. Wanna bet she's not gonna hear anything from Zuffa? Phone Post 3.0
One is a federally protected class of citizen. The other is just a woman who's taken so many steroids that it's tough to make the argument that she is still "feminine". If you look at her old pictures while she may not have been beautiful (I'm no Don Johnson myself) she was definitely feminine. Phone Post 3.0

Exactly.

I agree, but I have to admit there is a pretty unfair double standard between men and women for PED use. I get the whole becoming a man thing and it's freakier since heavy T abuse is already one step on the way to Fallon Foxing yourself and it starts the development of male secondary sexual characteristics, but if we're being fair, I'm not aware of any evidence that female PED abuse has a larger effect than male PED abuse.

At the core of the issue, PED abuse is wrong because it gives one party a drastic edge in a combat sport which directly translates to more damage, more concussions...etc It's like when a fucker in boxing cuts out padding and destroys their opponent's face and eyes (See HBO's Assault in the Ring for a great example lol), but unless female PED use gives them much larger gains than male PED use, I don't think it's so fair how someone who's been popped once get's such direct and fucked up shit from everyone. 

I mean don't get me wrong, we've all made our horse meat jokes, but compare how much shit Barnett, who's popped like 3 or 4 times, gets Vs. Cyborg who's popped once. I'm not saying she doesn't deserve the shit or that she's pretty disgraceful, I'm just saying it's interesting you don't see male PED-abusers get casted as sub-human piece of shit freak shows...  Certainly not by fucking Dana, who was pretty out of line calling her a man imo

Not trying to be that guy, you know the sex-baiting, bleeding heart liberal who whines how unfair everything is, but it's certainly a trend I noticed with Cyborg and in the very least, it's interesting to think about

4/18/14 5:23 PM
Dreville79
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So hang on.. Mitrione calls Fallon Fox a him and gets suspended. Difference here is? I think Ronda would comfortably beat Cyborg, and I can't stand Cyborg, but she shouldn't get away with saying that Phone Post 3.0
4/18/14 5:23 PM
zackthewop
274 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RowdyBec -
gambatte - Always been a fan of rouseys judo and mental game. But this is just wrong. 1) It's the transgender equivalent of calling a gay person a faggot. 2) she is so obviously scared it's pathetic. Lets be real, in women's MMA there is 1 good striker, cyborg. The rest of them throw pitter patter bullshit, and even tate's weak punches had rousey thinking twice.
There is more than ONE division in womens mma & definatly some great strikers like Joanne Calderwood, Miriam Nakamoto, Holy Holmes, Michele Waterson, Tecia Torres
... just saying :) Phone Post 3.0
True

115 is much more solid than 135 overall Phone Post 3.0
4/18/14 5:26 PM
Choochy
184 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

greentrousers - did a double check if supercalo wrote that.
You are not alone. Phone Post 3.0
[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.