UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Grappling royalty pic (literally!)

4/22/14 9:48 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
FETT_DiscipleDojo
609 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Disciple Dojo, L3C, Prismacolor Sensei

Andre Galvao just posted this pic on Facebook...

ABU DHABI: right after the World Pro JJ Championship. Me, Rodolfo, Marcinho Andre and master Renzo Gracie had the honor to train with the one who brought the Grappling World to the next level: Sheik Tahnoon Bin Zayed (the creator of the ADCC)  
Always learning with this man and those guys. Thank you prof Renzo for showing that tricks  
Awesome day! 

www.allgalvao.com

ABU DHABI: logo após o Campeonato World Pro JJ Mundial. Eu, Rodolfo, Marcinho Andre e mestre Renzo Gracie tivemos a honra de treinar com homem que alavancou o Grappling mundial para o outro nível: Sheik Tahnoon Bin Zayed (o criador do ADCC) 
Sempre aprendendo com este homem e esses caras. Obrigado prof Renzo pelos truques 
Dia maravilhoso! 

It's just pretty awesome that the Sheikh of a country halfway around the world is one of Renzo's black belt and has made the gentle art a national sport there. 

4/22/14 9:51 PM
Naderhood
803 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder if he is a legit black belt or if he was gifted it Phone Post 3.0
4/22/14 10:29 PM
Powerful DJH
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Naderhood - I wonder if he is a legit black belt or if he was gifted it Phone Post 3.0
I think you know that awnser. Phone Post 3.0
4/22/14 10:32 PM
Powerful DJH
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Answer*. But I'm sure he's taken a bunch of privates and all that and knows his shit but there is no way your not gonna treat a billionaire sultan like any other white belt lol Phone Post 3.0
4/22/14 10:48 PM
brahmabull81
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Arianny took the picture.
4/22/14 11:02 PM
submit2peace
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Powerful DJH - 
Naderhood - I wonder if he is a legit black belt or if he was gifted it Phone Post 3.0

Actually, your implication could not be more wrong. He has been a life long martial artist and is also a black belt in other arts (sambo, etc.)

The story is that he was studying in NYC and while he was training Renzo did not know of his royal status. He would clean the mats and acted like everyone else.

It wasn't until a long time later that Renzo found out.

Source: Renzo Gracie & Romulo Bittencourt

4/22/14 11:08 PM
D241

brahmabull81 - Arianny took the picture.

lol

4/23/14 5:26 AM
kano350chevy
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

submit2peace -
Powerful DJH - 

Actually, your implication could not be more wrong. He has been a life long martial artist and is also a black belt in other arts (sambo, etc.)

The story is that he was studying in NYC and while he was training Renzo did not know of his royal status. He would clean the mats and acted like everyone else.

Renzo only found out when he tried to pay a private lesson in crude oil... Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 5:43 AM
Rabid Bunyip
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

brahmabull81 - Arianny took the picture.
Whilst wiping sheik shit off her chest Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 6:06 AM
HERTSWENIP
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

submit2peace - 
Powerful DJH - 

I'm pretty sure it was Nelson Monteiro in CA, not Renzo
4/23/14 6:10 AM
Devlin
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never took Renzo for a man city fan, all about the oil sheik money that guy haha. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 6:15 AM
44 Magnum
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D241 - 
brahmabull81 - Arianny took the picture.

lol

lmao
4/23/14 6:56 AM
scarfacedave
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was Nelson Monteiro in San Diego and Sheik was there attending school apparently no one new he was royalty and he didn't act like it.

His skills are supposed to be legit, as he has had the best grapplers in the world to his palace to train with him. If I remember correctly Nelson lived out there for quite some time and so did Sean Alvarez.

It took him a long time to get his black belt so I believe he absolutely earned it. He also created the ADCC which has been a great gift to the grappling world.
4/23/14 7:15 AM
DFWcholesterol

This guy is Bruce Wayne Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 2:52 PM
FETT_DiscipleDojo
609 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WithoutSpoilersdotCom - thought this was another one of your beast ass drawings. kind of disappointed

This is the first image that came to mind when I read "beast ass"... 

Nader, the sheikh is legit. He's been training with Renzo and flying him over for privates as well as flying in top grapplers consistently for over a decade. Renzo's got some pretty awesome stories about him too if you ever get a chance to talk to him about it. 

4/23/14 6:03 PM
Psycho j
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Naderhood - I wonder if he is a legit black belt or if he was gifted it Phone Post 3.0

I actually rolled with him back in I think 2001.

Whether he is a legit BB I don't know but I know he is very passionate about the sport and likes learning.
4/23/14 6:28 PM
Styro

Why does the iron Sheik of MMA always wear glasses, literally in every pic hes wearing them
4/23/14 6:29 PM
The Tiger Man

Just like how celebs kids use fake names when they audition but always get the part.......... Phone Post 3.0
4/24/14 12:28 AM
FETT_DiscipleDojo

Styro - Why does the iron Sheik of MMA always wear glasses, literally in every pic hes wearing them

Because, like the X-Man Cyclops, his eyes must be covered with dark glasses to prevent the streams of oil that constantly shoot out of them otherwise. 

4/24/14 12:43 AM
Kirik
1636 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor
Naderhood - I wonder if he is a legit black belt or if he was gifted it Phone Post 3.0

I have heard from a number of diff sources that he is 100% legit.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.