UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> sick throws: Wrestling highlights

8/6/14 9:50 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ChipW
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Watch more videos on Flowrestling

Highlight reel from Cadet and Junior Freestyle/Greco Nationals. These are the best 15-20 year olds in the USA
8/6/14 1:41 PM
Ozzimandias
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

awesome

8/6/14 3:00 PM
checkuroil
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Los Angeles, CA
Nice Phone Post 3.0
8/6/14 4:31 PM
BTTMike
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

@1:35! Phone Post 3.0
8/6/14 7:03 PM
sammy1
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That shit got me pumped!!
8/6/14 10:35 PM
nowaydo
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
8/6/14 10:49 PM
Meatgrinder
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Newton, MA

d@mn ref @ 2:02 he Freaking dove over the guy first!

8/6/14 11:03 PM
ChipW
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Meatgrinder -

d@mn ref @ 2:02 he Freaking dove over the guy first!

Yeah that was crazy. I'm surprised they didn't make a bigger deal out of that. Only seen the flying squirrel done two other times and both by the same guy , who's a light weight.

The kid doing it at 2:02 looks pretty big. I'll find out who he is Phone Post 3.0
8/7/14 12:14 AM
EKPOGI
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wow
8/7/14 3:47 PM
ano8tsixxx
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nice!!!
8/7/14 9:41 PM
judoblackbelt
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There are judo names to all those throws. Even then ones that are now illegal. Many of the counter throws are done by the Mongolians, Eastern Europeans, Russians in judo. Many of those throws carry a high risk to the person getting thrown.
8/7/14 10:26 PM
ChipW

judoblackbelt - There are judo names to all those throws. Even then ones that are now illegal. Many of the counter throws are done by the Mongolians, Eastern Europeans, Russians in judo. Many of those throws carry a high risk to the person getting thrown.
Yup. I notice a huge cross over of technique between free, Greco and judo. It's because the back exposure points. A take down is anywhere from 2 to 5 points in free and Greco depending on the amount of back exposure and the "amplitude". You don't see as much of that technique in folkstyle because a takedown is 2 points no matter how you get them down, might as well stick to the easier take downs.

The cross over with judo is even more apparent in the European wrestlers Phone Post 3.0
8/7/14 11:53 PM
falsecrack
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/07/14 11:53 PM

wfa!  if i want the fight on the ground all i have to do is sit

8/8/14 12:28 AM
nowaydo
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I tell people all of the time that free wrestling contains nearly every technique there is in Judo that isn't 100% dependent on the cloth.

Most people have a very narrow perception of what wrestling technique is..."muscle", single, double, bodylock, firemans, sprawl and switch. That's the limit of the average person and even combative athletes understanding of wrestling.

Unless you are lucky enough to join a high school wrestling team that's takes the sports seriously, meaning promoting the attendance of summer camps, wrestling folk, free and greco and not just hiring a math teacher who needs extra money for a headcoach, most athletes do not learn the art and science of wrestling in high school. They are just on the team and they wrestle, they don't learn the science. It's like beginning a white belt in BJJ.

You start learning and understanding about half-way through college unless you are the elite. And you begin mastery once you start wrestling internationally.

Mark Schultz does a really good job of explaining this.
8/8/14 12:29 AM
Meatgrinder
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Newton, MA
judoblackbelt - There are judo names to all those throws. Even then ones that are now illegal. Many of the counter throws are done by the Mongolians, Eastern Europeans, Russians in judo. Many of those throws carry a high risk to the person getting thrown.

Yeah... I was noticing that the guy intiating the throw, established a night tight framework with his opponent. So that they moved as one, but once it was turned against him and the balance shifted, the framework of their connection totally worked against him.... It wasn't like you failed the throw, so you exit out of it.

8/8/14 7:38 AM
Mike Wazowski
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nowaydo - I tell people all of the time that free wrestling contains nearly every technique there is in Judo that isn't 100% dependent on the cloth.

Most people have a very narrow perception of what wrestling technique is..."muscle", single, double, bodylock, firemans, sprawl and switch. That's the limit of the average person and even combative athletes understanding of wrestling.

Unless you are lucky enough to join a high school wrestling team that's takes the sports seriously, meaning promoting the attendance of summer camps, wrestling folk, free and greco and not just hiring a math teacher who needs extra money for a headcoach, most athletes do not learn the art and science of wrestling in high school. They are just on the team and they wrestle, they don't learn the science. It's like beginning a white belt in BJJ.

You start learning and understanding about half-way through college unless you are the elite. And you begin mastery once you start wrestling internationally.

Mark Schultz does a really good job of explaining this.

this.

unless working from a young age with a private club, it's a hard road for a wrestler.

my 6 and 8 yr. olds wrestler out of a very good club and on top of working on the staples of doubles, singles, fireman's, high crotch, they were also working a lot of par terre ground work, use of hooks, etc.

I also just started them doing Judo. The coaches are very good, one of which is well decorated competitor, and I love the throws.
8/8/14 7:39 AM
Mike Wazowski
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sorry, use of boots. ;)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.