UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Do you tape things?

8/7/14 1:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Matthew Godden
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Buffalo, NY

I know some guys that I train with that I assume by tape in bulk because they are taping themselves up all over and for every class. Fingers, toes, wrists, etc. Every day and every class...

Every now and then I've taped things due to injury (wrist, thumb and my ears in the past.) but why do people tape up for every class?

8/7/14 1:56 PM
StephenLangdown
321 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know a few people like this. I too assume they buy it in bulk, haha. Phone Post 3.0
8/7/14 3:04 PM
omoplautistic
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Edmonton, AB
I do my pinky and ring finger on both hands every class. Good for a little extra support. I definitely notice it when I don't tape. Phone Post 3.0
8/7/14 3:30 PM
pbody
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have to tape a few fingers due to previous injuries. If in don't, they same to get injured again very easily.

I buy hockey tape in bulk from Costco. Phone Post 3.0
8/7/14 3:31 PM
Mrbrownfolks
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I only did injured fingers until a month ago.i now tape my index, middle and ring fingers on both hands. My hand joint pain has decreased significantly. Phone Post 3.0
8/7/14 5:37 PM
ECM
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fingers all the time. They're fucked from breaking grips but taping makes them feel less fucked. I got onto bulk supply of 1/2 inch silk tape from my local chemist. 100 rolls for $100. A roll lasts a week or so Phone Post 3.0
8/7/14 5:50 PM
falsecrack
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i might be joining the ranks of the mummies cause my hands are fucked and I've never taped them

8/7/14 8:26 PM
flemingo
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

only if i'm injured. its mostly my toes
8/7/14 8:59 PM
SC MMA MD
251 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I only tape if something is injured, like buddy taping a sprained finger. I have often wondered about some of the elaborate tape jobs I see that don't seem to offer any additional support, but have never asked anyone about them Phone Post 3.0
8/7/14 9:56 PM
TheBearStare
254 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i have to tape my pinky otherwise it dislocates and i cant do any gi grippping with that hand
8/7/14 9:59 PM
getgettinsomeread
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I sometimes tape my genitals down whilst dressing like a woman Phone Post 3.0
8/7/14 10:09 PM
Ubiquitous
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My fingers, 1/2 inch tape. I rotate around a few suspect fingers and one heberden's node appearance has me keeping consistent. Phone Post 3.0
8/7/14 10:53 PM
lets get dangerous
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I tape my broken pinky toe to the next one to it every class or it rebreaks with driving force along with the smallest joint on my pinky/ring/middle fingers on both hands. Phone Post 3.0
8/7/14 10:56 PM
Mike Wazowski
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I buddy tape some carrot fingers that are gnarled and sore all the time.

I do bjj and judo on the same day 1x a week and those days I tape up like judoka w/ bad fingers otherwise I will be walking around like Chris Elliot telling people to "Take my strong hand."
8/8/14 12:14 AM
PittBJJ
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

omoplautistic - I do my pinky and ring finger on both hands every class. Good for a little extra support. I definitely notice it when I don't tape. Phone Post 3.0

This

8/8/14 9:47 AM
TheThrill
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if i have a cut on my finger or toe ill tape it up,and rarely on a jammed finger,usually i just tough it out...i dont think it makes much difference
8/8/14 11:16 AM
Ryan Prouty
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Peoria, IL

FINGERS! the last several months my hands have taken a beating. I HAVE to tape my right pointer and middle finger all the time.

8/8/14 12:25 PM
TwistedWrister88
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Minor cuts on hands/feet or if I have a jammed finger I'll throw some on. Phone Post 3.0
8/8/14 1:57 PM
fjennings
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I tape most of my fingers every day because of old injuries. The support from the tape has stopped them from being reinjured as often, and the pressure from the tape takes some of the nagging pain in my knuckles away. I buy half inch tape in bulk on Amazon.
8/8/14 8:23 PM
Robobear
198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lately my thumb. So it doesn't fall off when rolling.

8/8/14 8:24 PM
robhustle
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sometimes I tape joints together for support, mostly on jammed fingers. Also, I tape to cover cuts.
8/8/14 10:43 PM
whatevermoo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the women's locker room
8/9/14 12:48 AM
demandango
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never tape, never try to resist grip breaks Phone Post 3.0
8/9/14 2:55 AM
walbjj
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Sydney, NSW, Aus.
I tape all my toes together on both feet. I do it as a precaution nowadays as i had a compound fracture a few years back while training. I guess i don't want to be there again.
I buy my tape in bulk from a physio supplies store. Works out to be super cheap Phone Post 3.0
8/9/14 11:17 AM
The Principal
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The glue on the tape irritates my skin; I would rather go without.... That being said, many people tape over cuts because stick on bandages will come off while rolling, so they wrap over them. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.