UnderGround Forums

North Carolina Underground >> Flying This Weekend

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

3/12/07 12:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
HighPoint
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12-Mar-07

I'm on my way from Charlotte to Dallas on Friday (flying US Airwarys) and 1/2 way through the flight things take a turn to ruin my day.  After the plane drops altitude (very quickly), we are told the pilot's windshield has a crack in it and we are detouring to Memphis.  this wouldn't have been so bad with other airlines, but US Air just changed their computer and have no idea what is going on. 

I ended up spenidng the day at Memphis airport and finally getting home late Friday night.  Now I have to attempt to get back my money from the airlines - or atleast get credit for another flight. 

It's funny - I really think airlines have gotten worse with service since 9/11.  They blame it on new security issues, but none of that has been my problems.  Hell - Delta can't get a flight out of Atlanta to save their life; not to mention you luggage. 

Any suggestions on who to call at US Air on getting some money and / or credit towards flights?

The worst part is I could have been back here working out with everyone instead of eating crap airport food and clogging up my arteries.  The airport TSA agents stopped me from doing my TKD form (kata) in the terminal area.  I promised to leave out my den-mak (sp?) move, but they still were insistent for me to stay seated.

3/12/07 1:17 PM
themolotok

They broke one of my kettlebells last time. Cracked windshields seem to be a common occurrence, which could somehow be related to broken kettlebells. They do always have those giant cinnamon rolls at the Memphis airport. I guess the dilemma of being stranded there depends on the person.
3/12/07 1:33 PM
HighPoint

Gaining weight was not on my agenda for the day.  If they were going to detour, then atleast fly another 15min. over to ARK so I can get some training in for the day.

I was smart enough not to check in my bags - that way I was able to change flights, etc without worry of loosing luggage.

3/12/07 5:16 PM
LDMAdoc

Just have the cinnamon roll...it would put you at what...185?
3/13/07 11:28 AM
HighPoint

Edited: 13-Mar-07 12:02 PM

I don't think it wast the cinnamon roll - more like the "Ultras" I had watching the ACC tournament :)

Any more flights like this, then it shouln't be long before I can make heavyweight.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.