UnderGround Forums

Jen >> Kettlebell training

3/14/07 3:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bolo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 14-Mar-07

Check out this brief article in which I talk about the advantages of kettlebell training and also when a person should and should not be doing kettlebells. http://www.solution4pain.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23
6/1/07 9:56 AM
SPARTAN 74
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01-Jun-07

http://www.solution4pain.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23

9/12/07 6:22 PM
Bolo

Edited: 12-Sep-07
Personally, I don't recommend any kind of strength training until a certain amount of postural dysfunctions have been removed. Remember that you will automatically be stronger when you clear out or decrease your problems. A muscle that is doing the job it is supposed to do will be stronger than an muscle doing the job of another muscle. By getting into strength training now, you are only strengthening the problems that you have and create bigger problems in the long run.
9/18/07 8:53 PM
nowaydo

Edited: 18-Sep-07
"Strength through Structure"!! My mantra. Michael, A theory of mine is that most "naturally" strong people are usually ones that are the most structurally aligned. We all have grappled with those guys who have never lifted weights, yet seem as strong as an ox. I bet if you look at those guy's posture, they are quite structurally sound. The "farm boy" strength we hear of may come from growing up in a very active three dimensional environment with little sitting and lots of movement. Just a guess!
9/19/07 1:04 PM
Bolo

Edited: 19-Sep-07
People who do manual labor are very strong simply because they use their muscles and exert force on a daily basis a lot more than even those people who lift weights. When you count the number of hours of actual "work" being done when lifting weights, it is miniscule in comparison to the hours of work being done by a manual laborer. Very generally speaking, I have found that the manual labors whose job consisted of a variety of movements and positions tended to have better posture than those manual laborers whose job consisted of a few repetative movements. Interestingly, some of the best postures I have seen were from the Slovakian Special Forces. Strength and muscle tests are actually not a good guages of muscle balance and function. This is because you can't really tell where the strength is coming from. A person who has bad posture would be stronger if his posture was better, however, you can't say that a person with good posture would be stronger than a different person with bad posture. No matter how good my posture is, I'm never going to overpower Rhadi Ferguson. However, what is a fact is that a person with better posture will be less vulnerable to injury and will have a greater ability to move their joints and spine through their full ranges of motion without compensation.
9/19/07 3:54 PM
easternfighter

Edited: 19-Sep-07 03:59 PM
Yeah... my guys/SPEC. Op Sk guys/ are really pretty active during the week in various activities/walking, climbing, obstacle courses , scenarious /weapons training,hand2hand combat stuff, as well as MBF stuff - all are part of their daily/weekly schedule. I think thats the main reason why their posture is quite good. Radek www.jkd.sk
9/24/07 6:53 PM
m.g
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 24-Sep-07
"People who do manual labor are very strong simply because they use their muscles and exert force on a daily basis a lot more than even those people who lift weights. When you count the number of hours of actual "work" being done when lifting weights, it is miniscule in comparison to the hours of work being done by a manual laborer." Very true!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.