UnderGround Forums

DantheWolfMan UnderGround >> Plz Explain SPEAR + example drill

10/10/02 1:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
truewrestler
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10-Oct-02

Simple question right? =) Any articles/videos online would be great.
10/10/02 7:05 PM
FJJ828
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10-Oct-02
NAPLES BRAZILIAN JIU JITSU L.L.C.
"First you gotta hold your arms up. Bend them a little bit. SPLAY your fingers and when the dude tries to punch you, you just do a rising high block and give them a forearm shot to the chest. Drill: Practice breaking boards with your forearms. Actually, there might be a little more to it." Just kidding. This is a good question. I have had to give a brief explanation on SPEAR a couple of times. It is a challenge.
10/11/02 1:24 PM
Sean Mulligan

Edited: 11-Oct-02
truewrestler, Assuming that you have internet access, why else would you be here? Visit Mr. Blauer's site, www.tonyblauer.com, there is a complete section dedicated to the SPEAR System. You can also visit the archives for some valuable threads that will give some further insight. Sean Mulligan BTS LEO Training Team sean@tonyblauer.com
10/13/02 9:02 PM
Tony Blauer

Edited: 13-Oct-02 09:17 PM
Blauer Tactical Systems, Inc.
1. On simplicity: The SPORT MODEL/STREET MODEL enigma is what causes the confusion. Yes, it is a simple question if the premise is intriguing. If ithat is not clear first, iIts not a simple question. Simply put:: The SPEAR System is the study of converting the startle/flinch response into a tactical evolution. You cant describe a drill without appreciating the rationale. The SPEAR tactic is the physical application of the flicnh into a strike. (There are tons of examples and explanations in the archives.) 2. On Generalness: Many of the artilcles and interviews on the SYSTEM are very detailed, replete with rationale, connections to physiological research, etc. There are two artlces written by doctors on my site. so Im always 'confounded' when someone seemingly bemoans the abstractness of very very detailed replies and examples... 3. On Personal Commitment: If my website and the references there and the quality of the info among posters and team members doesnt intrigue someone enough to invest more time into their personal safety to explore why cops & soldiers and scores of other serious martial artists integrate SPEAR research, then likely no answer would suffice. :-) Tony
10/14/02 1:17 PM
truewrestler
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 14-Oct-02
well, I guess I'll look into it further "The SPEAR System is the study of converting the startle/flinch response into a tactical evolution. You cant describe a drill without appreciating the rationale. The SPEAR tactic is the physical application of the flicnh into a strike. (There are tons of examples and explanations in the archives.)" That's exactly what I'm wondering. I guess I'll go searching on my own. Thanks
10/15/02 1:03 AM
Tony Blauer

Edited: 15-Oct-02
Blauer Tactical Systems, Inc.
True: (can I call you that) joke, names in the Mental Edge please.... I just popped into the Saved Thrds section, theres a ton of info on just what you write youre looking for. Tony
10/16/02 10:26 AM
truewrestler

Edited: 16-Oct-02
ok, I'm taking a look right now About BYOB: Do you feel like someone should work with the original package first and move on to BYOB2 (with SPEAR)? If someone could only purchase one of the packages which should they choose? Thanks,
Daniel

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.