Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 21-Mar-07

Anyone else enjoy this? I'm halfway through. great stuff
3/21/07 11:27 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
artvanderlei

Edited: 21-Mar-07
Read it when it first came out, and only read it once. From what I remember, it was a hell of a piece of craftsmanship. Parts of the story are kind of fuzzy to me right now, and I'd like to go back and re-read some (or maybe even all) of it, and see if the prose and the plot and the characters and the symbolism (The "ESCAPEist" -- heh) ring as true as they seemed to the first time around. I was a "genre" fiction hound at the time, and this was one of my first forays into more recent "literary" fiction. All I saw was a comic book character on the front cover and a stamp that read "Pulitzer Prize", and I said, eh, I guess I'll give this one a try . . .
3/22/07 12:20 PM
Lymond
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 22-Mar-07
Book lost my interest around the half way mark. I just felt like there could have been so much more to it. YMMV
3/28/07 9:04 AM
MetaDevil
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 28-Mar-07
I just felt like there could have been so much more to it More? IIRC, there's plenty happening in that book, both literary-wise and story-wise. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and recommend it to anyone looking for a solid read.
3/28/07 12:30 PM
el bastardo

Edited: 28-Mar-07
just finished it over the weekend. brilliant! it was 600 pages, Lymond. what parts do you feel were lacking?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.