UnderGround Forums

SBGI >> ? for Matt

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

3/30/07 2:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
spc36
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 30-Mar-07

Matt, which do you find more enjoyable? Gi or no gi? I'm not asking you opinion about which is more effective for MMA or self defense, but which one do you personally enjoy doing the most and why? Thanks, Shane
3/30/07 4:00 PM
Matt Thornton
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 30-Mar-07 03:05 PM
Shane, without dodging your question, I really enjoy both. And I am also a big advocate for people doing both. It is often much easier to deal with certain really strong, fast, athletic guys when rolling in gi. So I can challenge myself more by rolling no gi with certain people. Likewise, certain technical jits guys that really know how to use the gi as a tool can present a much greater challenge when I roll gi with them. So I create a better challange for myself by rolling gi with them. And also, by rolling gi and no gi with the same training partners, you mix up the dynamic of the roll a lot more then you do when you only roll no-gi, or only roll gi with them. So I enjoy both, and always suggest both.
3/31/07 9:06 AM
spc36
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 31-Mar-07
Thanks Matt for your reply. I like your mindset and how you keep yourself challanged for growth, shows lack of ego on the mat. What you stated above is great advice, but so many people are concerned with "winning" while training that they only stay were there strenghts are and by doing so miss out on a lot of personal growth in my opinion. Thanks again and have a great day. Shane

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.