UnderGround Forums

MotorGround >> Subaru 2.5GT

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

3/30/07 6:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
big_slacker
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 30-Mar-07

Why does this car not get more love? I rode in a friend's on a recent trip to northern nevada and was suprised. #1: Nice interior. Very quiet. Super visible light up gauge cluster which is the current fad. Lots of leg room even in back. Heated seats. #2: Gets out of its own way. 250 hp 250 lb ft of torque@3600 RPM. Does 0-60 in the mid 5's and a 14 secodn quarter. Not a race car but its not trying to be one. #3: This guy lives in carson and commutes to tahoe. So it definately gets a snow and ice workout as well as summer sports driving through mountain passes. This guy like to drive fast and he says it handles it all without blinking. #4: Its a sleeper. Although it has a hood scoop it in no way looks like a race car. I imagine it doesn't draw a lot of bacon. We didn't get pulled over by a couple of NHP which was suprising considering how he was driving. To wrap it up, I was very impressed by this car. It really deserves the GT moniker. I used to have an audi A4 and this car reminded me a lot of it. Does everything right and nothing wrong. As soon as we got home to Vegas my wife was trying to convince some of our friends to buy our car so we could get one.
4/3/07 8:33 PM
elmo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03-Apr-07
Not sure if it uses the same engine as the Forester, but we saw a Forester at the Texas Mile a couple of weeks ago (obviously it was "tampered with") that went about 160mph.  No stickers or anything either; looked like a soccer mom vehicle.  It was awesome.
4/5/07 4:50 PM
big_slacker
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05-Apr-07
Yeah, I think the Forester uses the same 2.5 boxer engine thats every freakin car subie makes. That thing is awesome.
4/7/07 2:46 AM
HarryLime
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Apr-07
I love em' . . .great value, lots of car for the money.
4/30/07 1:19 PM
bushidomatt
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 30-Apr-07
I love Subie's, I currently have an 05 Legacy Limited and have never had it in the shop except for routine maintenance. I had an 02 Wrx before that and never had a problem with that either. Seeing as how I live in MN awd is key. I am awaiting the next STI and if they don't mess up the styling (cough 08 wrx cough) that will be my next car.
5/3/07 2:42 PM
Trust
1182 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03-May-07
The Forrester XT manual is a real sleeper. I would like to get one of those. I like the Legacy, too, but I already have a 4 door mid-sized sedan.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.