UnderGround Forums

MotorGround >> Tips on giving car salesman hell!!

4/2/07 10:23 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
junk
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02-Apr-07
Watch the King of Cars on A and E, real funny crap. What I love is the way they hang around the front and hunt down people walking up to the building, it kind of unnerves me to see that many people standing around. The reality is that the salesman is zero, the Sales manager and the credit manager are the ones with all the power there. I'd rather deal with one of them to do it
4/2/07 10:48 PM
Racer X
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nikmays, any particular reason that you're acting like this? Nobody insulted you on this thread, why so hostile?
4/2/07 11:12 PM
Racer X
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nope. You gotta go ahead and SAY IT! j/k Of course it's obvious. No one but a car salesman would be so defensive. I'm sure no one is talking about you.
4/2/07 11:15 PM
Racer X

Oh wait a minute, I forgot these: fuck:fucking:fucky:fuckiest:fucktacular Just tear at the perforations and put them where ever you want in my post if it helps. j/k
4/2/07 11:25 PM
Racer X

Just kiddin' man. I'd be a bit put off if they started ragging on guitar repairmen,too.
4/2/07 11:28 PM
Mule
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck push car salesmen. I've met maybe two car salesmen in my life that are worth pissing on if they are on fire. I don't want any bullshit. I know they have to make a living but don't give me any fucking run around. My time is important just like yours. I had a car salesman waste 3 hours of my fucking life on my day off some years back. He kept doing that dumbshit of running back and drinking coffee and bullshitting with the manager. After it was all said and done he had came off the sticker price a whopping $250 but he was offering a great trade in and he could get my payments down as low as I needed. He fucked me around and I bought my car elsewhere. Bought my wife a new van nearly 4 years ago. Called a car salesman that is a friend of the family and has sold several cars to my mom and dad. Went down, he showed me what I was looking for, got my company discount along with an extra discout that they hunted up at the dealership for me and when I get ready to buy another new car I'll go back to him. Not all car salesmen are worthless fuckers but there are alot of cokehead car salesmen that I rank right ahead of pedophiles. Sorry Nik, but if you aren't a pushy, lying asshole, then you aren't the type of car salesman I fucking hate.
4/2/07 11:40 PM
FullPint

If you guys don't want to deal with car salesman stay off the fucking lot.

Why do you want to fuck with someone who is just trying to make a living?

If you are too fucking stupid to buy a car without some type of drama that is your own fault.

Maybe because car salesmen are SALESmen.  They use deceptive tactics and gamesmanship on the customer.  The customer should be fully prepared for this and know how to deal with it.

I've been in sales my whole life.  I know if someone is being honest or dishonest with me.  If you are straight up with me, I won't beat you up over price.  I know you have to make a living, and I can respect that.  If I can tell that you are trying to game me and use a bunch of bullshit cheesy closing techniques, I will make the transaction as difficult as I possibly can for you and have a great time doing it.
4/3/07 11:08 PM
ECWCock

Edited: 03-Apr-07
4/4/07 10:51 PM
Doomsday

Edited: 04-Apr-07
ttt
4/4/07 11:05 PM
rjbo71

ttt
4/4/07 11:43 PM
snaphook

here is a post i made on an earlier thread about car salesman: Confessions of a Used Car Salesman. I read the whole thing one day, was very intersting ..... esp. the part where the sales mgr talks about how different races are cheap, others ones have horrible credit and when the spy/reporter asked about white people he says they never even get a "shot" at white people because if they do come to the dealership it's just to speak with the fleet mgr and buy the car at invoice cost. There are nine parts I think to the article, it's a good read. http://www.edmunds.com/advice/buying/articles/42962/article.html nik does this sound like tomorrows workday for you...lol lucky for me I buy at car auctions with my uncle's dealership license so I don't have to put up with the BS tactics the stealerships usually use to screw people out of money.
4/4/07 11:56 PM
Dysqo
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This one was fun... i was at the end of the lease for my car and it had low mileage (I think about 20k vs the 36k on the terms of my lease). The dealership indicated the only thing they could do for me was to give me a lower cap cost on my next lease. So we got a cap cost about 500 below invoice (yeah I know about holdbacks and that crap). Of course the official contract said nothing about my turning in my previous leased vechile, so when it came time to pick it up, I told the guy I decided to buy out the lease and sell it on my own... He spent 15 min trying to tell me I couldnt do that, we had a deal, etc... But he finally caved.
4/5/07 12:43 AM
FullPint

Edited: 05-Apr-07
4/5/07 3:34 PM
Doomsday

up up and away
4/5/07 4:10 PM
Lurken

Sounds about right. I usually will order mine at cost from a dealer out in the country. I will tell them how much I will pay and order it optioned exactly the way I want it. I used a fleet manager last time, gotta really good deal. The sales manager try to stack shit on at the last minute. I told him that he was wasting my time and to wrap it up. They will cut the shit if you are confident. It can take about 3 months to get your car tho.
4/6/07 1:03 AM
Doomsday

Edited: 06-Apr-07
what is a fleet manager?
4/11/07 2:03 AM
Doomsday

Edited: 11-Apr-07
Ah fleet managers are fast talking con artists!
4/13/07 1:51 PM
JoeBoxer212
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 13-Apr-07
"here is a post i made on an earlier thread about car salesman: Confessions of a Used Car Salesman. I read the whole thing one day, was very intersting ..... esp. the part where the sales mgr talks about how different races are cheap, others ones have horrible credit and when the spy/reporter asked about white people he says they never even get a "shot" at white people because if they do come to the dealership it's just to speak with the fleet mgr and buy the car at invoice cost. There are nine parts I think to the article, it's a good read. http://www.edmunds.com/advice/buying/articles/42962/article.html" interesting read, but so far it sounds like one big propaganda piece for buying domestic American cars. =) The sales people at the Japanese places are seen as greedy slick sales people contrasted to the "intelligent" and "warm mannered" sales people at the domestic car dealership. haha
4/14/07 11:43 PM
kanotoa
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 14-Apr-07
I once talked to a Hummer sales man for 2 hours and said that I would buy the H2 for 55 out the door. When he agreed I pulled out 55 crisp dollar bills and he got so pissed off.
5/4/07 8:27 PM
Atecexa

Edited: 04-May-07
How often the avg person buys a new car. Every 3 yrs How often the avg salesperson sells a new car. Every 2 days Who should be better at what they do?
5/4/07 8:57 PM
Racer X

Edited: 04-May-07
Doomsday, do you like fishing? Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Because you seem to like trolling. ;P
5/5/07 1:23 PM
Pig Bun
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05-May-07
Once, I paid a Ford salesman $200 to say that I was his cousin, and he sold me a car on his A-plan. It was an '03 Mach 1, and hard to come by at the time - most were selling for OVER sticker. A-plan was nearly 4grand under sticker. I'm white, he was Vietnamese :-)
5/5/07 1:43 PM
FullPint

I'm white, he was Vietnamese :-) Racist.
5/5/07 2:41 PM
Atecexa

When an Indian gets out of a car at any north american dealer they will be avoided like the plague. Most unreasonable people I have ever met in my life. No matter what you do for them it's never good enough, in the rare case they actually buy something they are guaranteed to back in later saying you promised them something you never did and looking for free stuff.
5/7/07 5:04 PM
Atecexa

Edited: 07-May-07
Once, I paid a Ford salesman $200 to say that I was his cousin, and he sold me a car on his A-plan. It was an '03 Mach 1, and hard to come by at the time - most were selling for OVER sticker. A-plan was nearly 4grand under sticker. I'm white, he was Vietnamese :-) Documentation is required to verify that someone is family. The above is almost exactly the same when applied to orientals as well. Also for some reason they seem to come in groups of maximum capacity of what the vehicle they pull up in will hold and then all scatter in different directions when they get out. I love it when they try to play the language barrier game too.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.