UnderGround Forums

North Carolina Underground >> Road to Recovery

4/5/07 12:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
HighPoint
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05-Apr-07

I just think it's great to have Kong and Scotty back in class.  Especially after these guys went under some extensive surgery & rehab.  These guys show true heart to get on the floor and train - even when they can't spar or do a lot of drills with partners.  Their efforts and work ethic will take them a long way in this sport.  Too many times I hear excuses why people don't train - these guys try to find reasons to get in there.  Hell, half the time we have to put a "choke collar" on them so they won't do too much & cause further injury.  Mad props and welcome back guys.
4/5/07 1:17 PM
KongDaJuJitsuGuy

Mr. Synder you are truly a geat teacher and a great support system for all of your students. I've been to many gyms and none have the support system we do. That is what its all about. At another gym i would have already been forgoten. But not here, i feel more a part of the team than ever. I felt good rolling last night. It was kinda like ridin a bike. I thought i was gonna grapple like a greeny but i felt just like i used to. Except i got alil winded. Josh
4/5/07 5:13 PM
too hotty

Kong hit it right on! Mr. Snyder you are great teacher and friend. You are always building us up and encouraging us. Kong is also right about being forgotten. You make us feel a part of the team even when we are injured and can't roll. There isn't a school anywhere I would rather train at than here. Hebert kept asking me to come back to his school,even as good friends as me and him are I'm LDMA all the way!!!! Thanks once again for everything you do.
6/15/07 9:53 PM
too hotty

Edited: 15-Jun-07
In no-gi class Thursday I cranked up the intensity and rolled not worrying about the knee and it didn't give me any problems.It's about 90% healed,but I think I can roll normal now without thinking about it all the time. I want to thank Mr. Snyder for your encouragement during the past seven months it has been tough road back at 37 years old to rehab a torn ACL and not get discouraged and say I'm too old to do this anymore.I also want to thank Doc for the crazy but effective exercises to help me on my recovery. Also thanks to everyone in class being careful of my knee and working around my injury.I haven't been to class as much as I have wanted lately because of family responsibilities.Now I am ready to get back in shape and the end of this year or first of 08 represent LDMA once again in the old man division. Thanks again everyone.
6/17/07 7:46 PM
HighPoint

Edited: 17-Jun-07

Thanks Scotty - but we only "lead the horse to water"  All the real work was done by YOU.  It takes a strong person to go through those crazy drills Doc creates.  Actually......you doing those drills has inspired many to stay off the "injured reserve". 

We, too, look forward to seeing you back in competition.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.