UnderGround Forums

LEOGround >> LEO Pros and Cons?

4/6/07 11:37 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
groundfighter2000
467 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06-Apr-07

What should a guy looking into becoming an LEO know? What to expect? What are your likes/dislikes, pros and cons of the job? ETc.
4/10/07 2:38 AM
CptCrunch
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10-Apr-07
PROS: fun job, excitement at times, get to learn and do things you only thought happened on TV, good stories/memories, good pay (depending on where you work), adrenaline rushes, a big department will allow you to do many different jobs, make great friends that will do anything for you, training can be a tax write off : ) CONS: bad hours, being tired, sometimes boring (hurry-up and wait), paperwork, chain of command/red tape, dealing with some really dumb people, internal affairs, not seeing your old friends due to opposite schedules, changes your outlook on people : (
7/2/07 5:12 PM
fishluv

Edited: 02-Jul-07

If you plan on staying single or are single I'd say go for it. Many guys have a great family life but I can say from experience that the hours put a strain on a marriage. Its the main reason I got out of the Border Patrol.But I wouldn't change a thing about my decision on joining and would never have quit if i was single. hope this helps

4/4/08 5:01 AM
Derek Tomchek
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: Apr 4 2008 12:00A
Yes a hard strain if marriedfather/mother. With the military it is the highest prof divorce rate. @nd highest suicide rate for prof too. It is very stressful and it is not for everyone. But like it was mentioned earlier, it is the ideal job for a single guy.
6/3/08 1:22 AM
Canooke
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The best part is all the doughnuts we get to eat....oh, yeah!!! That, and giving tickets. The worst part would have to be the fact that my partner ALWAYS beats me to the maple dip.
7/17/08 1:46 PM
conflictfighter

Conflict Fightgear
 ^^^ I agree with all of the posts so far and would like to add that with a lot of LEO agencies once they are done with you they just kick you to the curb.  You may give up your family, friends and any kind of social life (or worse) and after all is said and done they will just move on without you.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.