UnderGround Forums

DantheWolfMan UnderGround >> An experience ...

3/7/02 8:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
P
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Mar-02

Varley, "You have all the time in the world, just don't take it" T.B. Good work! P.
Troubyl

Var, Thanks for sharing...it's threads like those that keep me comming back here for MORE! :) I love learning from the experiences of others. Cinda ps...Matt D said to tell everyone hello. His computer is giving him a bit of a time and he can't long on here :(
Varley

Phil , Thanx for the support , it really means a lot , coming from a warrior , like yourself . As do your points on the 'math' . I would like to make clear that Sean was using this drill as an emotional climate drill . My 'role' was not to struggle/resist the choke . It was to 'experience' the choke full on , under safe and controlled circumstances . I perhaps took it a step further , because of my own personal agenda ..*L* . But make no mistake , it was an 'empowering' experience ! No one will ever choke me out , unless it is in a training exercise , ever ! I know this as surely as I understand to what extent I will incapacitate the fella who tries . By taking my training a little further sometimes , I gain insight into myself , my capacity , and it spurs me on towards other positive experiences !

I'm a 'lil dissapointed that my appraisal above (first message) did not reflect the 'empowerment' I felt after the 'experiment' .

"I understand that in a good blood choke I have only 5 seconds to disable the attacker."

This is an empowering statement , I felt . It prepares me for extreme action based on my own personal experience with this choke . If I am ever in that sistuation again , I will not flail about , or focus on the choking arms , but I will immediately go for the face rakes , eye gouges , finger breaks etc . In a real situation , of course , I will cobra up , and bring up the shoulder , turn into the offending hand , and drive my chin into my shoulder , to successfully jam the attacker and his choke , and as you said buy myself more time . I would be foolish to stop my training there , precluding that no one will ever successfully place a choke on me . . . trust me , I love math ; so it will always work for me ... not against me *G* .

Hope that all makes sense , Var

LEMon
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

According to research the more you struggle the quicker you go out.... Relaxed subjects take longer.
P

Varley, Congrats on the 'experiment'. You had the guts to do some 'personal'(very!) research. Just make sure the experience is an EMPOWERING one. Think on this: "I remember thinking this may be the point of n... " "I understand that in a good blood choke I have only 5 seconds to disable the attacker." ******'NEVER let math beat you' T.B.****** Remember this: "I knelt and allowed the choke to settle on . " How long might the choke have taken if you didn't? P.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.